3 Main Reasons We Lost

Warren Zevon

Whenever you have a complete meltdown like the Bills had tonight there is always plenty of blame to go around. One things for sure, those four drops on four different third downs that should have been first downs really hurt.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been down on Trent. But he played a good, solid game. I thought our ST play was not up to par. Our WRs being the blue-chip players that they claim to be (I'm talking to you Owens & Evans) didn't make plays like playmakers are supposed to.

I don't understand why they called off the dogs in the second half. Maybe the Poz injury was huge and maybe the D was just sucking wind. I don't know. But Brady had all day back there in the 2nd half.

I don't see what this staff sees in Bell. They might as well suit up Nelson or Schouman to play LT at this point.

I'm in McKelvin's corner in this one. He did the right thing to come out with the ball - he just shouldn't have let the ball come out...

Fred Jackson is a MAN! I love the way he runs so much better than Lynch. So is Kyle Williams. Schobel had a couple of good pressures in the second and then went invisible. WTH?

Penalties - OMFG - we aren't that good to give up that many penalties in that many plays and still win...

Sadly, I think Jauron may have saved his job with this game. But if the team is moved to play this way every week for him, maybe that's a good thing. Too bad they all can't be on MNF and too bad the Bills don't get 10 days to prep for every opponent.

I think AVP's play calling was awesome. I didn't know what was coming next unless it was a long down & distance.

Trent still checks down too much for my taste - but at least he was checking down smart and not checking down scared.

There's a lot of blame to go around here. But, all in all the team played inspired and in aspects very good football.

My blame for the loss goes to the defense. The Patsies* had to work and earn everything they got, but we just couldn't get off the field. We'd get them to third and long only to give up the first downs. The Patsies* whipped us on time of possession because of this. Thus we were gassed at the end of the game. Why we wouldn't blitz I'll never know. Especially on those last 2 possessions where it was obvious TB was going to sit back there an throw those short passes to Moss and Welker and Watson. Why not try man to man bump and run or blitzing a few linebackers from the outside or something? We've got to figure out how to get off the field on third down. Tonight our offense played well enough to win and our defense let us down. It was nice to see a good pass rush with only four lineman though.

Leodis. I was very dissapointed. But he'll be alright. He'll make up for it. He did the right thing by running 'em out, but you've got to hold onto the ball. I'm not ready to cut him like many on here seem to be.

The loss was definitely not Trent's fault, but he still played a little too cautious for me. We gotta get the ball to TO more. Less dink and dunk, and more downfield.

Awesome pick six by Schobell.

We lost this friggin goda$% game for 3 reasons....

1. Too many dropped balls early. We could have extended several drives early on giving the defense valuable rest. But Evans, Jackson, TO and Nelson all had easy drops that hurt.

2. Too many bad penalties nullifying a good first down. It's hard enough to get a win, but they continually shot themselves in the foot with bad penalties at the worst of time.

3. The defense just can't get off the field on 3rd down. A big reason the time of possession was so skewed in favor of the $%@n pats* was the defense just couldn't stop them on 3rd down. With all these DBs, you'd think they could breakup a dam pass or two on 3rd down!