How can Moulds not be licking his CHOPS?

Yard Monkey

Nah, I'm only going to be here today and Monday sometime.  No point in bothering to register for such little time spent here.

Maybe next year I'll take the time out to sign in officially.

114797[/snapback]

That's too bad. You can avoid being a man who hides behind anoniminity with but a few keystrokes.

Give it a try, if you are a football fan and not just an irritating snot. We welcome your comments here, but please don't post words over a computer link that would get you in a fistfight if you spoke them to a man's face...that's the cowardly approach, and I'll assume you are not a coward. Right?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patsrulz
As opposed to your teachers?  You know, the ones who told you that putting the shortened "Patriots" and wussily spelled "rules" together would make your quest to be accepted as intelligent just that much easier?

The colors are used for effect.  You obviously don't understand the nuances of the game enough to pick up on the difference between having a weapon and knowing how to actually USE it effectively.  This is the same team that dumped this season's Special Teams Coach of the Year to this point because he wasn't effective.  Which play showed the effectiveness of that decision last week?  Yeah, that'd be the TD pass from the friggin' kicker to the uncovered WR.  Mike Martz is a train wreck.  Worse than that, he's arrogant.  In fact, he reminds me a little of YOU. 

Thanks for playing, Jocko.

114818[/snapback]

Hey, we all have our reasons for picking our nicks.

As for being arrogant. Presumably you say so because I am predicting as Pats win Sunday night. Well, sorry but when the team you cheer for has won 2 of the past 3 super bowls, is just coming off setting a record for number of consecutive wins in the NFL at 21 games and hasn't lost at home since December of 2002 or 29 games ago, what do you expect me to believe ...... that they'll lose to a team that has only won 3 of 8 games this season and who have only won 20 of their last 56 games?

C'mon, let's at least be realistic here.

The Pats beating the Rams doesn't impress me much. The Dolphins beat them and with their pathetic offense, dropped 31 points on them. They also held them to 14 points. The key to the game last weekend for the Pats was score and get ahead, force/entice Martz into passing versus running, and get to Bulger. Throw in some tipped balls and ST's trickery, and the Pats' gameplan worked to a "T." The problem when the Pats face the Bills however is that the Bills have an excellent defense (3rd in yards per game, and 4th in yards per play and points allowed versus the Rams who are in the bottom-5 in all of these), excellent ST's, and the Bills won't run McGahee just 12 times, especially if he's averaging 5.5 yards per carry (which was Faulk's 2nd highest average against any team this season). Like against the Rams, the key will be the same things above, but it won't be that easy.

Guest Patsrulz
That's too bad. You can avoid being a man who hides behind anoniminity with but a few keystrokes.

Give it a try, if you are a football fan and not just an irritating snot. We welcome your comments here, but please don't post words over a computer link that would get you in a fistfight if you spoke them to a man's face...that's the cowardly approach, and I'll assume you are not a coward. Right?

114827[/snapback]

If I thought that I might want to spend some time in here beyond just this game I might register. But I doubt very much I'll do that.

By the way, what have I said that you consider cowardly? I haven't taken any of this debate to a personal level. So why the heck would anyone in here want to punch me in the face?

Guest Patsrulz
The Pats beating the Rams doesn't impress me much.  The Dolphins beat them and with their pathetic offense, dropped 31 points on them.  They also held them to 14 points.  The key to the game last weekend for the Pats was score and get ahead, force/entice Martz into passing versus running, and get to Bulger.  Throw in some tipped balls and ST's trickery, and the Pats' gameplan worked to a "T."  The problem when the Pats face the Bills however is that the Bills have an excellent defense (3rd in yards per game, and 4th in yards per play and points allowed versus the Rams who are in the bottom-5 in all of these), excellent ST's, and the Bills won't run McGahee just 12 times, especially if he's averaging 5.5 yards per carry (which was Faulk's 2nd highest average against any team this season).  Like against the Rams, the key will be the same things above, but it won't be that easy.

114847[/snapback]

The Pats beat pretty much everyone that they play. At least it's been that way for a year and a half now.

What was impressive about the Pats game against the Rams wasn't the final score. It was they way they held the Rams potent offense in check throughout most of that game - this despite not having the services of their top 3 corners for most of the game.

In this game I don't edxpect the Pats to have to score 40 pojnts to win. Half of that should be more than enough.

Guest Patsrulz
I agree, 20 points for the PATS would probably win it,

Only problem is your not gonna score 20 points.

BILLS 20    PATS 13

114877[/snapback]

13 points for the Pats when the are averaging well over 29 points at home over the last 12 home games?

I guess it's possible but highly unlikely.

What was impressive about the Pats game against the Rams wasn't the final score. It was they way they held the Rams potent offense in check throughout most of that game - this despite not having the services of their top 3 corners for most of the game.

Like I said, one of the keys was that they were able to get to Bulger, and with just 3-man fronts at that. That allowed them to use the 8 other players in coverage all over the field, to hide their weaknesses in the secondary. Now if the Bills allow the Pats to get to Bledsoe with just 3-man fronts, I agree it will be over quickly. That being said, I KNOW the Pats won't get to Bledsoe with 3-man fronts, and the Bills will make sure that if they DO see 3-man fronts, they pound the ball. Belichick correctly assumed that Martz would play right into his hands and pass, pass, pass the ball because of the banged-up secondary, even though his O-line couldn't protect Bulger, and despite the fact that Faulk was averaging 5.5 YPC. That's because he knew Martz is a fool, and he was right.

In this game I don't edxpect the Pats to have to score 40 pojnts to win.  Half of that should be more than enough.

Doubtful at best.

Hey, we all have our reasons for picking our nicks.

As for being arrogant.  Presumably you say so because I am predicting as Pats win Sunday night.  Well, sorry but when the team you cheer for has won 2 of the past 3 super bowls, is just coming off setting a record for number of consecutive wins in the NFL at 21 games and hasn't lost at home since December of 2002 or 29 games ago, what do you expect me to believe ...... that they'll lose to a team that has only won 3 of 8 games this season and who have only won 20 of their last 56 games?

C'mon, let's at least be realistic here.

114843[/snapback]

I never said the BILLS were going to win the game. The difference is the paradigm you were using as a basis in the post I responded to. The Patriots should very obviously be favored and quite probably will win the game, if recent history is used as a guide.

The BILLS have to play a virtually perfect game to win, of that there is no doubt. The Patriots probably don't. Of course, games aren't played on paper nor are they as easy as people make them out to be. There are many factors that can change the outcome, regardless of opponent. The intangibles in this event will be the difference, as they often are.

Guest Patsrulz
Like I said, one of the keys was that they were able to get to Bulger, and with just 3-man fronts at that.  That allowed them to use the 8 other players in coverage all over the field, to hide their weaknesses in the secondary.  Now if the Bills allow the Pats to get to Bledsoe with just 3-man fronts, I agree it will be over quickly.  That being said, I KNOW the Pats won't get to Bledsoe with 3-man fronts, and the Bills will make sure that if they DO see 3-man fronts, they pound the ball.  Belichick correctly assumed that Martz would play right into his hands and pass, pass, pass the ball because of the banged-up secondary, even though his O-line couldn't protect Bulger, and despite the fact that Faulk was averaging 5.5 YPC.  That's because he knew Martz is a fool, and he was right. 

Doubtful at best.

114929[/snapback]

Your OLine has given up more sacks these last 3 seasons than any team in the league has. Bledsoe is notorious for getting confused and crumbling under the pressure and taking a sack, or worse, turning the ball over.

The Rams have a much better OLine than you guys yet the Pats DLine dominated them. I don't know why you are so confident that the Pats DLine won't kill Drew this game.

As for your doubting that the Pats will need to score more than 20 points on offense to win ..... you guys have scored 30 points on the road total ...... in 3 games! You think you are going to score more than 20 in just this one game against a Pats defense that at home has kept much more potent offenses than what the Bills have in check for pretty much 2 years now? Good luck!

Guest Patsrulz
I never said the BILLS were going to win the game.  The difference is the paradigm you were using as a basis in the post I responded to.  The Patriots should very obviously be favored and quite probably will win the game, if recent history is used as a guide. 

The BILLS have to play a virtually perfect game to win, of that there is no doubt.  The Patriots probably don't.  Of course, games aren't played on paper nor are they as easy as people make them out to be.  There are many factors that can change the outcome, regardless of opponent.  The intangibles in this event will be the difference, as they often are.

114948[/snapback]

So why am I arrogant again? Becasue I predict a Pats win!

My point is if the Pats can stop Faulk and Jackson then I feel very confident that they can handle an inferior pair of RB's in Henry and McGahee. 

Further, if in addition to Faluk and Jackson, the Pats can also stop Bulger, Holt and Bruce then I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to stop what are not nearly as good skill players in Henry, McGahee, Bledsoe, Moulds and Evans.

114693[/snapback]

You're overlooking one simple fact: the Rams Defense is ranked THIRTIETH OVERALL and second to the bottom of the NFC, better only than the New Orleans Saints. No wonder your beat up offense looked good against the Rams. You're now about to face the number THREE defense in the league. Let's see how you do then.

This will be a tough game for us, because we suck on the road. This will be a tough game for you because you got your asses kicked by Pittsburgh and then fiddlefugged your way through the 30th ranked defense in the NFL and there's a good chance you guys MAY be pretenders.

We'll see soon enough.

Yeah, and I'm sure Torry Holt and Issac Bruce were also licking their chops too last Sunday.

114588[/snapback]

Holt was covered by Willie McGinest.... A LB! And he was STILL not open...

no way the Pats are afraid of Bledsoe and MOulds... too many ways to get to teh QB IMHO

Your OLine has given up more sacks these last 3 seasons than any team in the league has. Bledsoe is notorious for getting confused and crumbling under the pressure and taking a sack, or worse, turning the ball over.

Check the stats THIS year, specifically the past 4 games since McGahee has started (actually 3 of the last 4 games).

The Rams have a much better OLine than you guys yet the Pats DLine dominated them. I don't know why you are so confident that the Pats DLine won't kill Drew this game.

The Rams have given-up 1 more sack than the Bills' O-line, and that's despite the Bills giving up 7 sacks each to the Raiders and Pats (i.e. outlier games). The Bills' O-line has definitely improved since then, and McGahee's ascension to starter has helped the offense immensely. The Pats' defense OTOH has suffered some blows by losing Law, Poole, and with Samuel hurting. Suffice it to say, if the Pats get to Bledsoe even HALF the times they did in the 1st meeting, I'll be surprised.

As for your doubting that the Pats will need to score more than 20 points on offense to win ..... you guys have scored 30 points on the road total ...... in 3 games!  You think you are going to score more than 20 in just this one game against a Pats defense that at home has kept much more potent offenses than what the Bills have in check for pretty much 2 years now?  Good luck!

I said doubtful, meaning I don't see the Pats scoring 20 and/or the Bills not scoring 20. IOW you're "if the Pats score 20 or more they win" is probably wrong.

Nah, I'm only going to be here today and Monday sometime. No point in bothering to register for such little time spent here. Maybe next year I'll take the time out to sign in officially........If I thought that I might want to spend some time in here beyond just this game I might register. But I doubt very much I'll do that.

That'd be all well and good......

except for the fact that you are once again lying through your teeth.

Not only do you have over 150 posts in the last month, but you have been posting here for at least two years and you are well aware that you and I have had this discussion regarding your registration and posting/trolling under multiple personalities.

So what "roomate" are you today?

The key isn't what McGahee rushes for in terms of yardage.  it's how many points he scores.  If McGahee riushes for 5.5 YPC like Faulk and doesn't score a point like Faulk, you guys lose.

114731[/snapback]

If McGahee averages 5.5 against the Pats he'll score FOUR TDs against you.

Guest Patsrulz
That'd be all well and good......

except for the fact that you are once again lying through your teeth.

Not only do you have over 150 posts in the last month, but you have been posting here for at least two years and you are well aware that you and I have had this discussion regarding your registration and posting/trolling under multiple personalities.

So what "roomate" are you today?

114997[/snapback]

Same IP address perhaps (4 of us on this dorm floor) but I am the only Pats fan of the bunch.

Guest Patsrulz
Check the stats THIS year, specifically the past 4 games since McGahee has started (actually 3 of the last 4 games). 

The Rams have given-up 1 more sack than the Bills' O-line, and that's despite the Bills giving up 7 sacks each to the Raiders and Pats (i.e. outlier games).  The Bills' O-line has definitely improved since then, and McGahee's ascension to starter has helped the offense immensely.  The Pats' defense OTOH has suffered some blows by losing Law, Poole, and with Samuel hurting.  Suffice it to say, if the Pats get to Bledsoe even HALF the times they did in the 1st meeting, I'll be surprised.

I said doubtful, meaning I don't see the Pats scoring 20 and/or the Bills not scoring 20.  IOW you're "if the Pats score 20 or more they win" is probably wrong.

114975[/snapback]

Wow, that's surpising that Drew has stayed upright of late.

But still, it's Drew against Belichcik.

If the Pats score 20 in this game they will win. And I suspect that they will.

I'm off to visit my parents this weekend. Hope you all enjoy the game on Sunday and good luck.