How can Moulds not be licking his CHOPS?

Yard Monkey

Moulds puts up very good numbers against top CBs in the league. He's up against a practice squad player and a WR pretending to play CB. I'm sure there will be plenty of smash mouth running, but look for Moulds to dominate this secondary.

-and BTW, if the Pats overcommit to stopping Moulds, then look for plenty of huge gains with Evans, TEs, and the running game. The only person that can help with Moulds will be Harrison and if he is kept out of the box - look out - the Bills running game will be huge!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patsrulz
Moulds puts up very good numbers against top CBs in the league.  He's up against a practice squad player and a WR pretending to play CB.  I'm sure there will be plenty of smash mouth running, but look for Moulds to dominate this secondary.

114580[/snapback]

Yeah, and I'm sure Torry Holt and Issac Bruce were also licking their chops too last Sunday.

Guest Patsrulz
The Patsies did not have to worry about a running game with the Rams.  They do this week.....

114596[/snapback]

Marshall Faulk is 10X the RB that Henry or McGahee are?

Marshall Faulk is 10X the RB that Henry or McGahee are?

114604[/snapback]

It's not the runner that's at issue, it's the pass-happy coach they have. Rams probably at least would have stayed in it if Martz hadn't gone pass-whacky...of course the same could be said for the Super Bowl...

Guest Patsrulz
It's not the runner that's at issue, it's the pass-happy coach they have.  Rams probably at least would have stayed in it if Martz hadn't gone pass-whacky...of course the same could be said for the Super Bowl...

114607[/snapback]

Of course, if you try long and hard enough you can find an excuse for almost anything.

The Pats kicked the crap out of the Rams and did so with barely 1/2 a healthy team. I'm quite sure it wouldn't have mattered 1 bit what Martz attempted to do to the Pats in this game the Pats would have still won, easily.

McGahee and Henry aren't going to big problems for the Pats in this game. If need be, Belichick and company will scheme to take them out of the game and will force Drew to beat them. I doubt Drew has it in him to beat a Belichick defense. Not on national TV in front of a rowdy and boisterous Patriots crowd.

Over their careers - yes.  Over the course of this year - NO.

114625[/snapback]

Faulk has better rushing numbers than either McGahee or Henry this year. And if you include receiving numbers it's not even close.

Faulk has better rushing numbers than either McGahee or Henry this year.  And if you include receiving numbers it's not even close.

114639[/snapback]

I'll give you the stats, but the stats don't explain the reality of what is happening with a Buffalo running game that is in transition. You have had two different RBs that have started games and one game where they supposedly both started. The fact is, they are a very different team than the Pats faced a few weeks ago.

Moulds puts up very good numbers against top CBs in the league.  He's up against a practice squad player and a WR pretending to play CB.  I'm sure there will be plenty of smash mouth running, but look for Moulds to dominate this secondary.

-and BTW, if the Pats overcommit to stopping Moulds, then look for plenty of huge gains with Evans, TEs, and the running game.  The only person that can help with Moulds will be Harrison and if he is kept out of the box - look out - the Bills running game will be huge!

114580[/snapback]

The pats have a dominatnt front four and good linebackers...

If they can stop the run, then they can apply huge pressure from the

middle on Drew...and as the previous game showed, the pats need their

opponents to make just one mistake that ehy will capitalize on their way to

victory....Hope Drew can play the perfect game.

Guest Patsrulz
I'll give you the stats, but the stats don't explain the reality of what is happening with a Buffalo running game that is in transition.  You have had two different RBs that have started games and one game where they supposedly both started.  The fact is, they are a very different team than the Pats faced a few weeks ago.

114669[/snapback]

My point is if the Pats can stop Faulk and Jackson then I feel very confident that they can handle an inferior pair of RB's in Henry and McGahee.

Further, if in addition to Faluk and Jackson, the Pats can also stop Bulger, Holt and Bruce then I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to stop what are not nearly as good skill players in Henry, McGahee, Bledsoe, Moulds and Evans.

Guest Patsrulz
The Rams got the stevestojan kicked out of them by the Dolphins.  By the Dolphins.

Talking smack about having beaten the Rams and fifty cents gets you a cup of weak coffee.

114684[/snapback]

Alrighty would you prefer I talk about the 21 straight wins instead? Duh!

They combined for about 170 yds rec. and 2 td's.  Nothing to sneeze at there.

114717[/snapback]

and heck if the Pats "hold" McGahee to 5.5 YPC like they did Faulk, then I would not be crying too hard either....

Guest Patsrulz
They combined for about 170 yds rec. and 2 td's.  Nothing to sneeze at there.

114717[/snapback]

Ah, but only 12 points scored is the key.

You guys can run for 200 yards and pass for 300 yards like many teams do on the Pats defense but if you only score 20 points or less it won't be good enough.

Guest Patsrulz
Why not?  It has about the same level of relevance.  That is to say, none.

114709[/snapback]

Don't kid yourself. It's all relevant.

Guest Patsrulz
and heck if the Pats "hold" McGahee to 5.5 YPC like they did Faulk, then I would not be crying too hard either....

114720[/snapback]

The key isn't what McGahee rushes for in terms of yardage. it's how many points he scores. If McGahee riushes for 5.5 YPC like Faulk and doesn't score a point like Faulk, you guys lose.