Monday Night Miracle?

billsfan89

I am going into Monday Nights Game with a realistic out look knowing that the Bills fully deserve to be 10.5 point dogs to the Pats*. BUT if the Bills stare Goliath in the face and pull an upset of the Pats* could it be a turning point for this franchise? I mean we have been smacked around for so long that if we get some positive momentum going with a win over the favorite in the division (One we haven't been able to beat for quite some time) could it propel this team to a least a winning record?

If the offensive line handles a still good (Even without Seymour) Pats* front 7 than that might give them enough confidence to grow as a unit. If Trent can pick apart the Pats* secondary and put up a huge number on them could that inspire some confidence in his ability?

If the D shows up and puts pressure on Brady and the secondary is able to cover Welker and Moss than can't that unit get some swagger (Despite DJ's best efforts). I know these are a lot of ifs that are likely not to happen but its nice to dream and at 0-0 you could do just that.

Honestly this team has some talent and if they get a win a big win could it just give them enough confidence to know they could hang with the big dogs. The Bills can't big winning teams but maybe just maybe that one win could break the seal and give the team that edge.

So as I write this post from the land of sunshine and lollipops I am optimistic not because I think they will win but because I think that they have nothing to loose and everything to gain. :doh:

I am going into Monday Nights Game with a realistic out look knowing that the Bills fully deserve to be 10.5 point dogs to the Pats*. BUT if the Bills stare Goliath in the face and pull an upset of the Pats* could it be a turning point for this franchise? I mean we have been smacked around for so long that if we get some positive momentum going with a win over the favorite in the division (One we haven't been able to beat for quite some time) could it propel this team to a least a winning record?

If the offensive line handles a still good (Even without Seymour) Pats* front 7 than that might give them enough confidence to grow as a unit. If Trent can pick apart the Pats* secondary and put up a huge number on them could that inspire some confidence in his ability?

If the D shows up and puts pressure on Brady and the secondary is able to cover Welker and Moss than can't that unit get some swagger (Despite DJ's best efforts). I know these are a lot of ifs that are likely not to happen but its nice to dream and at 0-0 you could do just that.

Honestly this team has some talent and if they get a win a big win could it just give them enough confidence to know they could hang with the big dogs. The Bills can't big winning teams but maybe just maybe that one win could break the seal and give the team that edge.

So as I write this post from the land of sunshine and lollipops I am optimistic not because I think they will win but because I think that they have nothing to loose and everything to gain. :doh:

Those are alot of goliath-sized "if's", my friend. But I too share your optimism. Unfortunately, this is the first time in a long, long time for me that I feel like we have no real shot at winning a football game. I live in Atlanta, and I'm debating on whether or not to even go to the Cheyenne Grill to watch the game just for fear of wasting 20 bucks to see us get embarrassed yet again.

With that said, if the Bills do pull off the upset, I can promise you, Dick Jauron will be given a 5 year extension.

I'm reminded of the MNF opener in '74. The Bills were sportin' brand new uni's and playing a perenial powerhouse. One so good, they NEVER lost on MNF. Our boys played well enough to stay in the game and even took the lead with 2 minutes to play. Then we held and got the ball back to try to run out the clock.. The throng of 80 grand was silenced as the powerful opponent returned a fumble for a go-ahead TD.

Low and behold, lightning struck and the new look Bills drove the length of the field to re-take the lead, then watched as a 40-something kicker from the 'GREAT' team missed a FG as time expired.

Cue the second bolt of lightning!

For all of the negative press and NE's overconfidence, the truth is, nobody knows what's going to happen.

Maybin has a sack in both games he's played, and nobody knows whether that was a fluke or just the tip of the iceberg.

The offense looked weak in preseason but there was no game planning, no D. Bell at LT, and no TO.

The defense looked OK, but again no gameplanning.

NE's defense is rebuilt and who knows how it will hold up?

I think back to week 1 last year, when the Bills stepped out (granted, at home) and dominated a Seattle team that people THOUGHT would be decent.

Bottom line, as Jim Mora would say: "You think you know, but you really don't know..."

For all of the negative press and NE's overconfidence, the truth is, nobody knows what's going to happen.

Maybin has a sack in both games he's played, and nobody knows whether that was a fluke or just the tip of the iceberg.

The offense looked weak in preseason but there was no game planning, no D. Bell at LT, and no TO.

The defense looked OK, but again no gameplanning.

NE's defense is rebuilt and who knows how it will hold up?

I think back to week 1 last year, when the Bills stepped out (granted, at home) and dominated a Seattle team that people THOUGHT would be decent.

Bottom line, as Jim Mora would say: "You think you know, but you really don't know..."

I am so excited for the game tonight. The reasons you listed are exactly why. Would love to see what Maybin can/WILL do. Yes, our offense was pathetic at best in the preseason but that's it... it was preseason, no game planning, horrible oc, no TO, etc., etc. I especially like the no game planning. Simply because we're running an extremely vanilla offense - yes of course points are always welcome. But what does Bellicheat have to look at? The tape from last year where we lost 13-0?

I'm nervous, but excited. TO andEvans are as good as they get, and if we can just get the time I think we can do major damage. IF we do major damage with the vertical game early, it should open up the run game, which I don't think the patsies are at all afraid of, with Marshawn out. I for one think we have an under the radar running option that might be good.

Defense and special teams have to be huge tonite, and if they go for blood, and we get a little bit of luck...who knows.