Would the tone of the board be different

evanstoprobowl

I know things don't look good for the Bills. I think starting the season on Monday night against the Pats* has cranked up the despair felt by many fans. If this team played against a few teams with mediocre talent like the beginning of last year they might have a chance to gel. Playing this game first is a tough way to start the season. On the bright side if the Bills are competitive or some how win this board and all of the fans will switch their mood faster than my psycho ex-wife.

Right now I wouldn't give this O a chance in hell against JV teams. This game is 80% or better about a team's psyche. The Bills are shot to hell.

Unless something dramatic happens Monday night - like the D plays like they're the second coming of the Steel Curtain, I don't see that changing unless we get a new aggressive, tough minded coaching staff.

C

I know things don't look good for the Bills. I think starting the season on Monday night against the Pats* has cranked up the despair felt by many fans. If this team played against a few teams with mediocre talent like the beginning of last year they might have a chance to gel. Playing this game first is a tough way to start the season. On the bright side if the Bills are competitive or some how win this board and all of the fans will switch their mood faster than my psycho ex-wife.

Sadly, having quite a bit of experience with just what a psycho ex-wife can do, I can verify your point.

The tone of the board would be different if the Bills coaching staff and front office had shown in the past the ability to field a winning team. After a decade of futility people remain skeptical about the Bills chances and - imo - rightfully so.

Exactly, I mean if the Bills were a normal team who had been to the playoffs recently, no matter how bad the first couple of games went it wouldn't matter. In '07 the giants looked like the worst team in the league after their first 2 games. In '05, midway through the season the steelers were toast. The cardinals looked like a joke in week 15. And there's countless other examples. But when your team hasn't made the playoffs in a decade, even with a 4-0 start, it's hard to keep hope alive... I'll still try tho! GO BILLS!

Just an FYI, the Bengals aren't "the Bengals" anymore. Buffalo took over the spot of league punchline a couple of years ago.

I give'em of credit for spending higher picks on their D. CBs Hall and Joseph were 1st rounders, as well as LB Rivers.

Their #2 Maualuga this draft also starts.

#3's, DT Sims and DE Rucker, and this year's #3 DE Michael Johnson will get a goodly amount of playing time.

Their '06 #4, DT Peko starts and was re-signed to a long contract last year.

At least through the pre season tilts, vet DT Tank Johnson and SS Roy Williams looked decent. The jury's still out about Williams and his pass coverage, but he he still hits like a ton of bricks.

They have little CB depth, though. And a jumbled OL, and with 2nd year Kyle Cook manning the center spot. Were I planning against them, I would definitely push the middle of their line, but I suspect they will run more wide runs than in years past to try to compensate. Their late rounder, RB Scott, shows fine acceleration, speed, and sideline awareness.

They currently have a roster exemption for that whale they drafted, Andre Smith. The Bills' staff should keep a sharp eye peeled if they cut RB Dorsey when that exemption expires. He's a good ST'er, also.

Just an FYI, the Bengals aren't "the Bengals" anymore. Buffalo took over the spot of league punchline a couple of years ago.

Nah, we're not quite there yet. The Bengals have 17 non-winning seasons in the last 18 years. But we're close.