Titians vs Steelers

billsfan89

Every year after the Superbowl I feel like part of me has died (likely a small portion of my liver). To think that a football fan who has access to a TV wouldn't be watching is a rather sad thought.

I'd watch if it was the Lions playing against themselves. Its NFL regular season football!

Two brilliant comments!

I hate Tennessee but I hate Pittsburgh even more. But I'm geeked about watching two excellent teams battle.

Two quick thoughts...Pitts' O-line continues to look pathetic (how did they win a Super Bowl with such a bad O-line?) and Keith Bullock is such a great player. He fights through a Heath Miller hold to solo tackle Mendenhall.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and a leaping one-handed INT from Polamalu.

More plays in 1 QTR than certain safeties made all last year....

But weak effort by Kenny Britt...a 15 yard offensive pass interference penalty is better than an interception. And that pass by Collins was horrible. He looked good on the short passes but that one really hung up.

Lil Donte you :thumbsup: , I hope you're watching & paying attention.
he's probably too busy screwing around on Facebook and Twitter

Still don't understand the hate for Donte. He didn't evaluate and draft himself. If he doesn't live up to the draft spot it's hardly his fault...unless you think that he's lazy and has a bad attitude.

Clearly he's tried being a team leader, hosts the defensive back meetings at his house and has perfect team attendance at OTAs.

Why hate the messenger? He's just carrying the message that the Bills blew the draft pick. It's not his fault that we picked him too high.

IMO, he talks too much. Just STFU and play.

People rip guys like Losman & McCargo all the time, because they (in the eyes of their detractors) didn't perform as 1st rounders should. Same thing with Donte, IMO.

Surely you differentiate between guys who underachieve as high draft picks as opposed to guys who aren't as good as the teams which drafted them think they are?

It's a pretty important distinction in that it separates guys who are really trying as opposed to guys who are not really trying.

I don't think there's any doubt that Donte is a hard-working, diligent player with a good attitude.

To me, Mike Williams was a lazy POS worthy of the type of scorn you're dishing out.

One Thing i have noticed while watching this game is that while the Steelers O-Line is bad (A lot of draft analysts had them taking Eric Wood thank God we grabbed him) but they were able to win a Super Bowl because Big Ben bails them out a lot (Oh yeah and the number 1 D in the league helped with that too). Big Ben scrambles and is able to evade hits which as I said bails out the O-line a lot.

Another thing I have noticed from this game is that the Titans o-line is really good. When Kevin Mawae was a free agent did the Bills try to pick him up because even at his age (38) he is still a dam good center I think he made the pro-bowl last year as well (For what that's worth we all know Jason Peters made it even though he played bad and average for a lot of the season).

I do think that Losman & McCargo gave/give it their all. Like Whitner, they weren't nearly as good as the Bills though they were.

Like a lot of Buffalo Bills in the last 10 years guys like McCargo and JP didn't get any favors by not having good coaches around them. Whitner isn't JP or McCargo he is a good player but just not as good as where he was drafted. The guy is a leader and a top 10 SS in the league (Granted lower top 10 but still top 10). Like Tim Graham said a lot of Safety play is Dependant on front 7 play so while Whitner isn't worth a top 8 pick he would look a lot closer to that with a good front 7 playing in front of him.

One Thing i have noticed while watching this game is that while the Steelers O-Line is bad (A lot of draft analysts had them taking Eric Wood thank God we grabbed him) but they were able to win a Super Bowl because Big Ben bails them out a lot (Oh yeah and the number 1 D in the league helped with that too). Big Ben scrambles and is able to evade hits which as I said bails out the O-line a lot.

Totally agree billsfan. Big Ben is a great quarterback and seems more than many QBs to be able to make up for the deficiencies in his offensive line.