(OT) Digital cameras

Frez

I would like some suggestions on buying a digital camera for under 200.00. I now have a HP 315 that is a 2.1 MP. It takes ok pictures outdoors in perfect light but most of the time the pics come out ,out of color. It was a nice first digital camera. I would like to hear some suggestions on what to buy for my second digital camera.

Thanks

No matter what, go for optical zoom. If a camera has 8x digital zoom or 50x digital zoom, it doesnt matter. I would rather have a camera with 2x optical (well, maybe at least 3x) than one with 12x digital.

There is a store down here is florida that sells electronic for a ridiculously cheap price. Its called BrandSmart USA - and this week they have a GREAT deal on one, but I dont know if they will ship it.

Its a Cannon with 8x optical zoom 3MP for 168.88

Should be in this ad:

http://www.brandsmartusa.com/current_ads_fl.htm

There is a store down here is florida that sells electronic for a ridiculously cheap price. Its called BrandSmart USA - and this week they have a GREAT deal on one, but I dont know if they will ship it.

114141[/snapback]

BrandSmart prices are always ALWAYS lower. The problem with the place is being there is a horrible experience. The set up doesn't allow you to move around, and the sales people are relentless in their attempt to upsell.

Kick the tires at Best Buy and then go to BrandSmart and buy it. I bought a little 20" color TV for 78.88 (everything ends in 0.88) a couple of months ago. The next week it was still in the flyer, but $30 higher.

BrandSmart prices are always ALWAYS lower.  The problem with the place is being there is a horrible experience.  The set up doesn't allow you to move around, and the sales people are relentless in their attempt to upsell. 

Kick the tires at Best Buy and then go to BrandSmart and buy it.  I bought a little 20" color TV for 78.88 (everything ends in 0.88) a couple of months ago.  The next week it was still in the flyer, but $30 higher.

114248[/snapback]

Its funny you say that because that's how I bought my TV for my bedroom. I went to Best Buy to "shop" because i HATE the atmosphere and workers at BrandSmart. The I went to Brandsmart to make the purchase. Its set up almost likea huge indoor flea market, except it sells new stuff. I can't stand being in there for more than 5 minutes. BUT, you almost always pay anywhere from 10-30% less there.

And the .88 commercials are about the most annoying things in the entire world: "Get a new 60" HD Flat Panel, blah, blah, blah, $8,888.88!"

I want to rip that guys vocal chords out.