We need Marty

Pitta

Red----Got to admit I never thought of Holmgren. That being said I would Still want Marty as my first choice. First...we won't get Cowher because Dallas or some other big market team will pay him twice what Ralph will. And I understand that. Second, Shanahan would try to rebuild this team to be the trapping, pulling team that the Broncos were. And he really hasn't been the same coach without Elway. And truthfully how many Elways are there? Even in the twilight of his career. Marty builds consistent winners wherever he goes. Has he won the big one? No. But you've got to get to the playoffs before you can even think of winning the super bowl. Marty's teams almost always get to the playoffs. He consistently builds winners wherever he goes. I would love to be a contender for the playoffs year after year. But Holgren is an intrigueing pick. Better than friggin Chucky

I think Holmgren would be the best fit. He has fantastic offensive mind and proven success in a small market. His coaching experience would earn immediate respect and he has had experience as a gm. Go get him Ralph, the sooner the better. Our first step from embarrassment to respectability.

one name everyone seems to forget is Mike Holmgren.

He is another offensive minded HC who could also bring instant credibility to our GM position, as well.

My order would be:

1.) Cowher (naysayers be damned)

2.) Shanahan

3.) Holmgren

4.) Marty

I think Marty could also bring respectability back to the franchise and get them back to the playoffs. however, Marty's biggest issue is his inability to carry a team deep into the playoffs and into the Super Bowl.

Long running gag around here. Trying to lighten the mood a bit in this morgue. :unsure:

The best part is I knew it was coming. I've achieved true veteran status. And it cracked me up even though I knew the train wreck was heading my way. My guess is that f-f-f-f-...ool would feel more at home on the Jills' team. Might look better than some of 'em, but I haven't seen this year's squad.

"Car on a Hill" - Joni Mitchell (man, I love this tune)

People keep bringing up Gruden as the next potential coach of the Bills.

I understand Jon, but Gruden? are you serious? That would set us back another 5 years... Just because he's famous for scowling on the sidelines and being nicknamed "Chucky" doesn't make him a good coach. He beat his own players after he got to Tampa. Who Built that team? Not him..... I want Marty. Is he old.? yes. Does he build winners? yes. Does he have a history? yes. Does he have Bills ties? yes. Has SD been the same since he left? NO. Has he won in the playoffs? no..... Can you blame Byner fumbling on the goal line on him? no. I'm just saying Marty is our best bet. Has the game passed him by? Ask Joe Paterno. Ask Bobby Bowden.

Come on folks. Football is blocking and tackling. Everything else is about how to put your players in a situation to do that best.....It's not brain surgery

You forget, Gruden took a Tampa team that could never put it all together-- and won a SB with them. The Iggles dominated TB in the NFC playoffs before "Chucky"

Dick Jauron will be our coach next year with a freshly polished knob from bandwagon fans after he wins Coach of the Year and we go to the playoffs. :ph34r:

If Dick gets the Bills to the Playoffs with this schedule & an O-line that is in transition, he deserves Coach of the year & another year as the Bills HC. :unsure: