Whither Troy Vincent

donahoeisgod

I cannot figure out why everyone is so excited about this guy. He hasn't done stevestojan for the Bills... and I can't remember, if ever, the last time he played a full season. Is he the answer at FS??? Well, obviously he aint the answer at CB and the last I knew, "hurt" don't play. So whooptey do dah day... we might get a handful of games out of him at FS... Hell, we could have saved the $$$ and plugged McGee in at CB from the get go (he's there anyway) and brought a FS in who knows how to play the position and not pay CB money.

It's frustrating, no doubt. It's also why the eagles let him walk: he was injured for most of last year, and it took him forever to heal. He's no spring chicken. We need him, and the Bills are paying him a lot. He should suck it up, get an injection, and play CB or FS this Sunday night. If he's not out there, watch Reese get picked apart.

I cannot figure out why everyone is so excited about this guy.  He hasn't done stevestojan for the Bills... and I can't remember, if ever, the last time he played a full season.  Is he the answer at FS???  Well, obviously he aint the answer at CB and the last I knew, "hurt" don't play.  So whooptey do dah day... we might get a handful of games out of him at FS...  Hell, we could have saved the $$$ and plugged McGee in at CB from the get go (he's there anyway) and brought a FS in who knows how to play the position and not pay CB money.

113297[/snapback]

He hasn't done stevestojan for the Bills because he only played in 2 friggin' games! Give 'im a break. Let him get used to playing with these guys before you rail on him. :lol:

Vincent will take his sweet time getting back from this injury.

His presidency over the NFLPA will ensure this. Afterall, don't want your president setting a bad example by rushing back to the job before completely healthy .......

Bills Daily says WGR says Vincent is OUT.  I'm all for cutting people slack, and lord knows I don't have the balls to play in the NFL, but come on, man, JP's broken leg is healing faster than your knee bruise.  Get back out there and help your teammates.

113705[/snapback]

Empire Sports Report just said the same thing. Also had a short interview - and Vincent still considers himself a CB.

I cannot figure out why everyone is so excited about this guy.  He hasn't done stevestojan for the Bills... and I can't remember, if ever, the last time he played a full season.  Is he the answer at FS???  Well, obviously he aint the answer at CB and the last I knew, "hurt" don't play.  So whooptey do dah day... we might get a handful of games out of him at FS...  Hell, we could have saved the $$$ and plugged McGee in at CB from the get go (he's there anyway) and brought a FS in who knows how to play the position and not pay CB money.

113297[/snapback]

You make the Bills signed an injury prone player who has missed significant playing time his entire career. Before this season the fewest games Vincent had ever played in a season was 13. In his 12 year career before the Bills he had missed 13 games total. In his last 5 years he's missed 7 games and made 5 Pro Bowls...I'll take a player with a 7:5 games missed to Pro Bowl appearances any day of the week. As for his contract, its peanuts compared to what top CBs in this league make. They knew they were going to make turn him into a safety and his contract reflects that.

As for your "he hasn't done anything for the Bills"....umm, yeah, nice assessment.