offensive scheme

nuklz2594

Umm, are we still going to employ the no-huddle or my preference is smash mouth football? We have a huge o-line, run it like ya got a set.

Hard to do in the NFL when you have zero threat of a real air attack. Teams will just continue to put 8 or even 9 in the box until the Bills prove they can throw a pass more than three yards downfield.

Hard to do in the NFL when you have zero threat of a real air attack. Teams will just continue to put 8 or even 9 in the box until the Bills prove they can throw a pass more than three yards downfield.

that's what I see also. With a rather weak and inexperienced OL what else can they do?

It's the same exact offense except someone else will be calling the plays. They are already set in terms of plays and terminology, they are not going to change any of that now. I can see them adding, editing, or removing plays as the season goes on, but to start it's going to be the same no-huddle offense with hopefully a more competent play caller...

It's the same exact offense except someone else will be calling the plays. They are already set in terms of plays and terminology, they are not going to change any of that now. I can see them adding, editing, or removing plays as the season goes on, but to start it's going to be the same no-huddle offense with hopefully a more competent play caller...

With our young and inexperienced o-line, shouldn't we focus on the easiest scheme? Isn't run blocking easier than pass protection? Denver has the smallest line yet, run effectively. would like to see us model our offense after the Ravens.

With our young and inexperienced o-line, shouldn't we focus on the easiest scheme? Isn't run blocking easier than pass protection? Denver has the smallest line yet, run effectively. would like to see us model our offense after the Ravens.

I am not saying that I don't agree with you, I am just saying how it's going to be as far as actual plays. Will AVP call more runs than passes, who knows? I would love to see the Bills establish a better run attack, but it goes hand in hand with being able to pass and spread the defense.

You certainly can run well with a small OL but all it takes is co-ordination and practice. With the Bills firing their OC and the pre-seaspn just ending these are two commodities we will not have.

My sense is that the best bet for the Bills offense is to do the best you can with what you got. Since what we got is flat out speed at one WR and a serious individual threat at the other WR, that an aggressive passing attack rather than smashmouth football is the best way for us to go.

it may be particularly advantageous (we should not expect a good attack merely getting advantages where we can find them) is to actually use the 3 WR attack we have practices on occasion with speed freak Parrish as the 3rd WR. When this line-up is employed using the no huddle we have been practicing, though it is doubtful this can be a consistent juggernaut, it will force the opposing D to adjust to our lead covering a bunch of real threats.

We will suck and we are trying to create a situation where they suck more.

Edwards has an impossible job that may be beyond a young QB, but if his job is to read progressions looking for a quick breakdown called by our aggressive WRs this may be the best we can do.

The good news is that if this mode forces Ds to think coverage rather than complex blitzes it helps our too young OL a lot.

The no-huddle mean that don't huddle that is it, he said it will continue to be the base offense. No-huddle does not mean hurry-up offense. (look at colts). you can easily be smash mouth and no huddle a lot of college teams do it in a run oriented scheme and it works. it allows the coaches and qb's more time to look at defense and adjust and audible

Jauron is in over his head. Any HC that has coached for 3 seasons and can't see that his OC is not a real OC at this level is devoid of common sense and footbal intuition.... period. Schonert has been on his sfff all 3 years. I'm not sure this was his decision... because, after all, he doesn't have a pair and he ain't about to grow a pair at this stage of the game. Someone whispered in his ear and made him a deal he couldn't refuse.

Now... regarding "the pill".... he is also in over his head.

This is a house of cards that is on the verge of collapse. For any defense to respect an offense, that offense either must be extremely physical and punishing, or, the offense must make the defense defend the entire field. Well, I'm looking at those two options and I don't see either in this Bills team.