Changes this team needs from top to bottom!

Peace Frog

I remember a movie called Mr. Baseball (1992) which starred Tom Selleck as an aging MLB player who is traded to a Japanese team to finish his career. Among the many things he learns from the teams' manager is getting back to the basics of the game. There is one scene where the manager keeps pitching golf balls to Selleck during batting practice, which are nearly impossible to hit. After several days of this, Selleck protests that he has had enough and wants to hit baseballs! The manager replies "That's what I want to hear."

My point is I think one of the main problems with this team IS the coaching but not so much for the game planning and in-game adjustments. I feel this team is not being conditioned/toughened up enough, physically & mentally, to be able to execute the plays they run, even if they(the plays) are not superior to their opponents' plays. If you can't outcoach Belichick, at least have your players outplay his. We can do neither.

My point is I think one of the main problems with this team IS the coaching but not so much for the game planning and in-game adjustments. I feel this team is not being conditioned/toughened up enough, physically & mentally, to be able to execute the plays they run, even if they(the plays) are not superior to their opponents' plays. If you can't outcoach Belichick, at least have your players outplay his. We can do neither.

The sad part is, this coaching staff doesn't do ANYTHING well. The Bills are not especially tough, well conditioned or disciplined, the game planning is a joke, the ability to make adjustments non-existant, and the game/clock management is at a Herm Edwards level, or worse.

The conservative play calling doesn't lead to significantly fewer turnovers. The conservative defensive philosophy limits turnovers yet doesn't keep teams out of the endzone. It's just pathetic.

Yes, this team needs change from top to bottom. That starts with the owner, continues with finding a GM that knows what the hell he is doing, and replacing the entire coaching staff. Until those things happen, you can bet your house that the Bills will not be in the playoffs.

The cure:

New owner who's not suffering from senile dementia and values winning over profit

Hire a legit GM, not a marketing guru , to make key football decisions

Replace John Guy and Tom Modrak who have failed to bring in the talent to win

Bring in a competent coaching staff

Upgrade every position except WR, RB, and CB

When the above is done the Bills will again be competitive