Disney acquiring Marvel for $4B

Beerball

aren't some of the rides at Universal Studio's under the Marvel banner????

I was just thinking the exact same thing. They have an entire area in the Islands of Adventure theme park dedicated to Marvel.

I would imagine once this goes through that would be likely to change seeing Universal is Disney World's only real competitor as far as major theme parks go.

The characters are licensed from Marvel Entertainment.

General Electric Co.'s Universal Studios has an attraction called Marvel Super Hero Island in Orlando, Fla., that will stay in existence as long as Universal wants to keep it there and follows the contract terms, Universal said.

I was just thinking the exact same thing. They have an entire area in the Islands of Adventure theme park dedicated to Marvel.

I would imagine once this goes through that would be likely to change seeing Universal is Disney World's only real competitor as far as major theme parks go.

Nope.

Universal has the theme park rights to (most) of the Marvel universe and will retain them even with the sale ... until the license runs out.

Sony too will retain the rights to the Spider-man movies (with 3 more in the works), Fox will keep Fantastic 4 (a reboot is coming down the pipe) and Paramount has the license still for Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and the Avengers. None of those will change hands with the sale ... because Disney will just get Marvel's cut of the box office. If they took them back it would derail all those franchises and they'd have to start over.

The first Marvel licensed Disney pic might well be Ant-Man which Pixar is begging to do ... that could be fun.