NEWS FLASH! TO will not make a difference because....

Who gives a flying !@#$ is a pass is 7 yards or 17 yards if it still nets you 50 yards. As long as it's getting us closer to the goal line I don't give a sh-- if Edwards tosses the ball underhand to receivers standing at the LoS.

Some of you idiots apparently haven't watched a whole lot of Bills games because Wes Welker absolutely eats us alive catching 7 yards passes. The difference is we have the Wes Welker wannabee in Parrish who seems to get knocked down by a slight breeze.

Owens is a great WR for Edwards because he's not the guy who catches the 50 yard fly, he's the guy who hangs on to every 7 yard slant and racks up YACs. An Andre Reed type, if I may be so blasphemous.

The question is if Edwards is even good enough to take advantage of that.

Who gives a flying !@#$ is a pass is 7 yards or 17 yards if it still nets you 50 yards. As long as it's getting us closer to the goal line I don't give a sh-- if Edwards tosses the ball underhand to receivers standing at the LoS.

Some of you idiots apparently haven't watched a whole lot of Bills games because Wes Welker absolutely eats us alive catching 7 yards passes. The difference is we have the Wes Welker wannabee in Parrish who seems to get knocked down by a slight breeze.

What you fail to understand or acknowledge is that Welker eats us up with those 7 yard passes because the defense has to defend the entire field. Brady readily throws to Moss deep down the field, so you've typically got 2 guys deep with him' perhaps even a 3rd guy on the other side of the field that relatively deep as well. That leaves a lot of room underneath for Welker to catch and run with the ball.

When you QB refuses to throw the ball beyond 10-15 yards. The defense plays closer to the line and all that room underneath disappears. So the odds of routinely catching dumpoffs and turning them into big gains is greatly diminished without a long ball threat. This is exactly what we've seen for years and is largely responsible for why our offense is inept.

What you fail to understand or acknowledge is that Welker eats us up with those 7 yard passes because the defense has to defend the entire field. Brady readily throws to Moss deep down the field, so you've typically got 2 guys deep with him' perhaps even a 3rd guy on the other side of the field that relatively deep as well. That leaves a lot of room underneath for Welker to catch and run with the ball.

When you QB refuses to throw the ball beyond 10-15 yards. The defense plays closer to the line and all that room underneath disappears. So the odds of routinely catching dumpoffs and turning them into big gains is greatly diminished without a long ball threat. This is exactly what we've seen for years and is largely responsible for why our offense is inept.

I'm not defending Trent but could you please point out any play in the pre-season where any of our receivers were as wide open as Moss was on Saturday night? Don't overlook the HUGE advantage Brady has because his pass protection is infinitely better. I've never seen Kaczur thrown into the backfield.

Moss helps immensely but Welker helps himself more than anyone. He's crazy fast AND he knows where to run. He finds seams and gaps and gets to them. Parrish never seems to remember where he's supposed to go.

I'm not defending Trent but could you please point out any play in the pre-season where any of our receivers were as wide open as Moss was on Saturday night? Don't overlook the HUGE advantage Brady has because his pass protection is infinitely better. I've never seen Kaczur thrown into the backfield.

Moss helps immensely but Welker helps himself more than anyone. He's crazy fast AND he knows where to run. He finds seams and gaps and gets to them. Parrish never seems to remember where he's supposed to go.

Yes, the WR getting open has something to do with it. But, you regularly see all top QBs (Brady included) throw to their WR even though they're very well covered. Some of those are incompletions, some are even interceptions, but some are completions. And all help to slow the defense down by making them defend the whole field. Trent has to throw to his WRs down the field and forget about his completion percentage. To this point, he's showing a gross reluctance to do that. Until he does, this offense will always suffer regardless of the line or WRs.