Trent Edwards: Boom or Bust

AFter last night, I understand that all of us want to say that Trent Edwards is another QB bust, like Rob Johnson and J.P. Losman. It's easy to blame it all on Trent, but let's face it, it's not all his fault. We have TWO ROOKIE O-LINE STARTERS!!!! IN addition, walker can't do left, I personally feel that butler was better at guard. Basically, levitre has to go. That would be like hte bills starting Duke Preston his rookie year off the bat. Kirk Chambers can do tackle and guard. When Peters was doing horrible last year, Chambers stepped in well. Chambers should be starting over levitre. If they made that change, Trent would improve.

Trent Edwards has yet to over come the massive hit he took vs Arizona. He has not been the same player since. He is afraid to leverage any sort of anticipation with his throws. Anticipation meaning that he is throwing to a spot regardless of if the receiver is open when he throws. Trent needs to be confident in the fact that the receiver, which we have 2 of the top 15 in league btw, will get open and or/make the play. Trent has ZERO confidence. And for Trent to be upset that he is getting criticized by the Buffalo media, ha.........well, the Buffalo media is no where close to the media hounds in larger NFL cities. He either needs to tighten his chip strap a little more and come to play FOOTBALL or tighten the airplane seat belt on his way out of town.

Trent Edwards has yet to over come the massive hit he took vs Arizona. He has not been the same player since. He is afraid to leverage any sort of anticipation with his throws. Anticipation meaning that he is throwing to a spot regardless of if the receiver is open when he throws. Trent needs to be confident in the fact that the receiver, which we have 2 of the top 15 in league btw, will get open and or/make the play. Trent has ZERO confidence. And for Trent to be upset that he is getting criticized by the Buffalo media, ha.........well, the Buffalo media is no where close to the media hounds in larger NFL cities. He either needs to tighten his chip strap a little more and come to play FOOTBALL or tighten the airplane seat belt on his way out of town.

I disagree. He hasn't yet recovered from his game against Cleveland. He can't or won't throw downfield. When he (rarely) does, he gets picked.

This is his 3rd season and he has taken a very obvious step backwards.

Weak arm mixed with complete reliance on the check down receiver.

BUST

How can a 3rd rounder be a bust?....I hear all this talk of checkdowns...well, has it ever occured to anyone on this board that the receivers are not getting seperation? If he "checks it down" whats the problem with that? Throw to guys out of your backfield or tight ends. Obviously Lee Evans, Reed, Parrish and company arent getting there job done either. Also remember that we have 5 diff guys playing 5 diff positions including 2 rookies...but oh yeah, lets blame Trent.

The Bills will suck this year, but next year, God willing, the OL will gel and be solid.

I disagree. He hasn't yet recovered from his game against Cleveland. He can't or won't throw downfield. When he (rarely) does, he gets picked.

Cleveland game was the result of the Arizona game. Cripe lets hope he gets it together. He looked all-pro til that concussion.

True, Trent seems scared to fail and thinks playing it safe (checkdown) is the answer. You will never succeed at anything when your scared of failure. It's how well you deal with your failures determines what kind of athlete you become.

It's probably why Trent never played baseball because in baseball failure is the name of the game. What other sport can you fail 7 out of 10 times thus carry a .300 batting average and be considered great and get paid really really really good. This guy is a head case and is not the answer at QB. It's time for the Bills to cut their losses, they did it with JP, now it's Trents turn. Bye bye Dick and Trent :lol:

How can a 3rd rounder be a bust?....I hear all this talk of checkdowns...well, has it ever occured to anyone on this board that the receivers are not getting seperation? If he "checks it down" whats the problem with that? Throw to guys out of your backfield or tight ends. Obviously Lee Evans, Reed, Parrish and company arent getting there job done either. Also remember that we have 5 diff guys playing 5 diff positions including 2 rookies...but oh yeah, lets blame Trent.

The Bills will suck this year, but next year, God willing, the OL will gel and be solid.

There is a Trent excuse thread, take it there

Cleveland game was the result of the Arizona game. Cripe lets hope he gets it together. He looked all-pro til that concussion.

Yeah, but when he came back after the concussion, he immediately had an excellent game.

It wasn't the concussion.