Remember Kenneth Davis getting stuffed

BenchBledsoe

Just feeling nostalgic, remembering some of the memorable moments from the Bills big games in the past. Many of them were all-time NFL classic moments. Some where real turning points in games, like Kenneth not getting low enough and Norton stuffing him on 4th and goal in the SB at the Rose Bowl.

Others:

1)Obviously. . . wide right

2)Home Run throw forward

3)Mark Ingram breaking 7-8 tackles to convert a crucial 3rd down in our first SB

4)Beebe knocking the ball away from showboating Leon Lett

5)Thurman's fumble early in the third quarter in our last SB that turned a 13-6 lead into another nightmare.

6)Bruce not knocking the ball out of Hostetler's hands in the endzone, so we settled for a safety, instead of a TD that would have likely changed history.

7)The Frank Reich led 35-3 comback vs. Moon's Oilers.

8)Ronnie Harmon dropping a last second pass in the endzone from Jimbo in the 89 playoffs at Cleveland, costing them that heartbreaker

9)Flutie getting sacked on 4th down near Miami's goalline ending our hopes in that playoff game in 1998.

10)J.D. Williams getting burned in a Super Bowl (pick one. . . anyone)

11)Tied 13-13 with Dallas in our last SB, the drive that killed us where Emmitt carried every play, jammed it down our throats, and finally scored. . . brutal

Any others come to mind?

Reed slamming his helmet down in XXVI before halftime

Beebe dropping TD's in XXVI

Thurman's cocky strut during XXVI introductions

Kelly's Picks, Fumbles, unconsciousness, deer in headlights look

Collapse of Bills Oline XXVI-VIII

Reed running wild in XXVII

Reliance on the ineffective shuffle pass during the 1st half of XXVIII

Thurman's fumbles in XXVIII

Thurman's amazing move on Lett on the goal line in XXVIII for a TD

Nate's Pick and D coming up big in the first half of XVIII

Playing with 10 men on D, see Mark Kelso

Mickey Washington

Alvin Harper vs JD Williams

Dwight Drane

Mark Kelso

Kirby Jackson

Having the wrong Leon in the early 90's: Leon Lett vs. Leon Seals

Full Reliance on Kelly's Play Calling

Outcoached: Gibbs, Tuna, Satan vs Marvelous

Bill Brooks 2 3rd Down drops in Dallas territory to kill drives in the first half of XXVIII

Al Edwards kill drive 3rd down drop in XXV

Al Edwards

Not having Don Beebe in XXV

Failure to Run Thurman more in XXV (15 for 15X) vs. Belichek's 2 5 4 alignment designed to remove Reed from the game

BSmith 4th quarter 4th down Stop of Anderson in XXV

BSmith Influenza against stillers

NT being light in the loafers vs. Hogs/dallas

Ted Washington showing up 4 years too late

The emptiness of a half price Bills SB paraphernalia sale the day after XXV-XXVIII

Reed slamming his helmet down in XXVI before halftime

Beebe dropping TD's in XXVI

Thurman's cocky strut during XXVI introductions

Kelly's Picks, Fumbles, unconsciousness, deer in headlights look

Collapse of Bills Oline XXVI-VIII

Reed running wild in XXVII

Reliance on the ineffective shuffle pass during the 1st half of XXVIII

Thurman's fumbles in XXVIII

Thurman's amazing move on Lett on the goal line in XXVIII for a TD

Nate's Pick and D coming up big in the first half of XVIII

Playing with 10 men on D, see Mark Kelso

Mickey Washington

Alvin Harper vs JD Williams

Dwight Drane

Mark Kelso

Kirby Jackson

Having the wrong Leon in the early 90's: Leon Lett vs. Leon Seals

Full Reliance on Kelly's Play Calling

Outcoached: Gibbs, Tuna, Satan vs Marvelous

Bill Brooks 2 3rd Down drops in Dallas territory to kill drives in the first half of XXVIII

Al Edwards kill drive 3rd down drop in XXV

Al Edwards

Not having Don Beebe in XXV

Failure to Run Thurman more in XXV (15 for 15X) vs. Belichek's 2 5 4 alignment designed to remove Reed from the game

BSmith 4th quarter 4th down Stop of Anderson in XXV

BSmith Influenza against stillers

NT being light in the loafers vs. Hogs/dallas

Ted Washington showing up 4 years too late

The emptiness of a half price Bills SB paraphernalia sale the day after XXV-XXVIII

112498[/snapback]

Nice memories. You must wake up screaming every night...

:P

this one really bothered me when it happened. it was a close game against the Niners, can't remember the exact year. but Derrick Holmes got popped by Gary Plummer at or near the goal line. Fumble, returned for TD.

this decided the game :P

112682[/snapback]

That was 95 -

Bruce Smith had a monster game and Steve Tasker of all people was ejected from that game.

Just feeling nostalgic, remembering some of the memorable moments from the Bills big games in the past. Many of them were all-time NFL classic moments. Some where real turning points in games, like Kenneth not getting low enough and Norton stuffing him on 4th and goal in the SB at the Rose Bowl.

Others:

2)Home Run throw forward

3)Mark Ingram breaking 7-8 tackles to convert a crucial 3rd down in our first SB

5)Thurman's fumble early in the third quarter in our last SB that turned a 13-6 lead into another nightmare.

6)Bruce not knocking the ball out of Hostetler's hands in the endzone, so we settled for a safety, instead of a TD that would have likely changed history.

8)Ronnie Harmon dropping a last second pass in the endzone from Jimbo in the 89 playoffs at Cleveland, costing them that heartbreaker

9)Flutie getting sacked on 4th down near Miami's goalline ending our hopes in that playoff game in 1998.

11)Tied 13-13 with Dallas in our last SB, the drive that killed us where Emmitt carried every play, jammed it down our throats, and finally scored. . . brutal

Any others come to mind?

112492[/snapback]

What a depressing friggin list! :doh:

ONE (and a half...Beebe's play was a hollow 'victory') good memories out of ten?

You wanna kick my dog too?

this one really bothered me when it happened. it was a close game against the Niners, can't remember the exact year. but Derrick Holmes got popped by Gary Plummer at or near the goal line. Fumble, returned for TD.

this decided the game :doh:

112682[/snapback]

it was 95 and it was returned by my neighbor lee woodall. he lives back here in carlisle

Others:

2)Home Run throw forward

Any others come to mind?

112492[/snapback]

remember all those moments- although I have to admit- the Tennessee play appeared legal to me. Norton had Davis' face mask- would have been a first down if caught.

I'll never forget watching Carwell Gardner tackle Thurman in a monday nighter against Houston- also remember Bennett intercepting a tipped pass that went 1 mile into the air

remember all those moments- although I have to admit- the Tennessee play appeared legal to me.

112877[/snapback]

NO WAY

Wycheck throws behind the 25yd line, ball caught infront of the 25yd line....Simple forward pass.....

REF goes to the sidelines, has 10,000 Titan fans screaming at him "if he reverses the call, he's as good as dead"....He comes back on the field "Ruling on the field stands"....

HomeField Advantage at its finest....

Well then how about....

1- 51-3

2- The Greatest Comeback in History

3- Carlton Baily recoving Elway's fumble in the end zone to seal a 10-7 AFC title game win in 1992.

4- Jim Kelly running the ball in from the Miami 2 in 1992 to win the game on the last play.

5- Buffalo scoring 3 touchdowns in 1:45 against Denver in 1990.

6 - Buffalo scoring 17 points in less than 2:00 against the Raiders in 1990.

7- Smoking both Pittsburgh and Miami on the road in the 93 playoffs.

8- Flutie takes over in 98 and proceeds to go 10-3 as a starter to make the playoffs.

9- The 1988 AFC East championship after years of waiting.

10- Smoking Miami in the 90 playoffs as both Thurman and Kenny Davis gashed the Fin D for over 100 yards on the ground.

So... point is.....fug off troll!!

5-

Well then how about....

1- 51-3

2- The Greatest Comeback in History

3- Carlton Baily recoving Elway's fumble in the end zone to seal a 10-7 AFC title game win in 1992.

4- Jim Kelly running the ball in from the Miami 2 in 1992 to win the game on the last play.

5- Buffalo scoring 3 touchdowns in 1:45 against Denver in 1990.

6 - Buffalo scoring 17 points in less than 2:00 against the Raiders in 1990.

7- Smoking both Pittsburgh and Miami on the road in the 93 playoffs.

8- Flutie takes over in 98 and proceeds to go 10-3 as a starter to make the playoffs.

9- The 1988 AFC East championship after years of waiting.

10- Smoking Miami in the 90 playoffs as both Thurman and Kenny Davis gashed the Fin D for over 100 yards on the ground.

So... point is.....fug off troll!!

5-

113130[/snapback]

Great list!

How about a couple more:

11- Bills smoking Miami 44-34 (it was 44-20 before Marino got two garbage-time TDs) in the 1990 playoffs. That was the game where Tim McKyer said "I challenge Jim Kelly to throw at me," and not two minutes into the game Kelly hit Lofton over McKyer for the first score.

12- Bills beating the hell out of the Chiefs in the 1991 playoffs, with Scott Norwood kicking a late FG to make it 37-14, then dismissively doing the Tomahawk Chop motion to mock the KC fans

13- The fourth AFC title game, against KC, knocking Montana out of the game, Thurman running for 186 and 3 scores, "Piss 'Em Off and Go For Four," "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" and "Georgia On My Mind" blaring from the loudspeakers as the game ended

14- The game the week before that, against the Raiders in -30 windchill. "JUST FREEZE, BABY"

15- Buffalo beating Miami (I can't remember the specific game, there were so many) after Louis Oliver had run his mouth all week, and then Steve Tasker saying after the game, "Don't write a check with your mouth that your body can't cash." :lol:

By the way, I think #10 on that list was really the '95 playoffs. Thurman and Timmy Tindale were the ones who racked up all that yardage. Didn't we run for like 300 yards? If I recall right it was 24-0 almost before Miami got the ball. Ah those were the days.

I believe Jeff Wright actually tipped an Elway pass at the line of scrimmage and Bailey ran the interception into the endzone for the only Bills TD of the game...rather than recovering a fumble in the endzone.

I was at the game against SF in 95 when Plummer popped Holmes on the goal line and Woodall returned it for a TD. In fact I was sitting in the end zone where the play took place when it happened. I sure took some serious stevestojan in the stands after that play. I do remember Bruce had 3 sacks that night & Bryce Paup had a sack and an INT, but I do not remember Steve Tasker being ejected from that game.

As far as games against the Niners go I do have to talk about the game in 92, another game I attended. The first game without a punt attempt. Both Kelly & Young threw for over 400 yards each that game. Jerry Rice got hurt in the first quarter. Andre Reed had a monster game. James Lofton caught a crucial 4th down pass play which help set-up Thurman's eventual game winning TD. Pete Metzellars had probably the longest TD of his career in that game. 49'ers misse what would have been an overtime tieing FG at the end of the game. Bills won 34-31. Best game I ever saw in person. I wish ESPN Classic would play it.