JW article on McKorner

Beerball

The 'mckorner' thing has bothered me ever since you started with it. The fact that the other starting db's name starts with 'mc' and top that with another db's name actually being corner, it's like you are intentionally being ambigous abut the players identity. It sucks as a nickname. Maybe someone can come up with something temperature related.

I've called him McCorner from day 1 and I find change difficult but I am trying.

Give me some options to consider.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why yes i can elaborate. please see my story filed today and just moved on the AP wire should be available out there on the interweb. i haven't been able to find it yet, but it's out there.

jw

ADD: to update GG, who likes a personal service, the story essentially notes that Maybin has a long way to go and didn't exactly look good in first week of practice. ... happy to be of service G!

:wallbash:

Wow great read! Thanks for the reply. I am a little discouraged by the outcome, but I think must people probably expected this due to his age and the lengthy hold-out. Hopefully he can continue to improve, but by the sounds of it, his size (or lack thereof) is going to be an issue when rushing with his hand down.

Anyone know how McKorner or McKelvin or McLovin is doing on kickoffs in preseason or practices - or has the coach been keeping him out of that duty for fear of injury? Does he have the starting job nailed down? And what about punt returns, does anyone know the nailed-on starter there? Thanks for all replies.