1. 1. Pro or Anti Donte?

• Pro
    • Anti
    • Withholding my opinion until after this season

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, are you saying that if the Ravens had a really good back-up at FS and lack a decent SS that Ed Reed would move to the SS spot for a better tandem?

You know... the excuse factory for this guy is really amazing. I'm still giving him a year, but I think he should have been cut this year if we had a valid FS.

Is anyone comparing Donte to Ed Reed, other than you? He doesn't have to be a pro bowler to be a good player, and if he can play FS and SS, and Scott can only play SS, then it makes sense to move him.

Is anyone comparing Donte to Ed Reed, other than you? He doesn't have to be a pro bowler to be a good player, and if he can play FS and SS, and Scott can only play SS, then it makes sense to move him.

Do you know what reading in context is? When did I compare Reed to Whitner? I compared team philosophy to show how preposterous the idea is. A great player in one position is not moved to make room for another player in their current position.

"Peyton, you've been really good at QB, but we know you can punt well and that Sorgi guy does pretty well for a back-up, so do you mind if you punt for us?"

"Hey Fitzgerald, we have Breaston whose looking better and better. Do you mind playing tight end this year?"

Is that better for you? A good player is never moved to a new position unless it's an upgrade, like moving an OL to tackle, or a special teams player starting. Going from a natural position to a new position proves he sucks ass.

Do you know what reading in context is? When did I compare Reed to Whitner? I compared team philosophy to show how preposterous the idea is. A great player in one position is not moved to make room for another player in their current position.

"Peyton, you've been really good at QB, but we know you can punt well and that Sorgi guy does pretty well for a back-up, so do you mind if you punt for us?"

"Hey Fitzgerald, we have Breaston whose looking better and better. Do you mind playing tight end this year?"

Is that better for you? A good player is never moved to a new position unless it's an upgrade, like moving an OL to tackle, or a special teams player starting. Going from a natural position to a new position proves he sucks ass.

That is a great point. The Donte lovers will say because of his versatility, he does whats best for the team.

That is a great point. The Donte lovers will say because of his versatility, he does whats best for the team.

Then again, nobody is claiming Donte Whitner is the Larry Fitzgerald of safeties.

He's a solid starter in this league, and we could've done a hell of a lot worse at #8. There's nothing to complain about.