Dell Laptop Dead Battery

WellDressed

I have a Dell XPS M1530 laptop and the original battery died, out of nowhere after only 14 months of use. The damn thing was not even recognized when I restart the the laptop. This is my first Dell and I have never had a battery die before. (HP/Compaq had their own share of issues, most were far, far worse.)

OK, here is where I get all slippery, what is the difference between a 4800mAh and a 7800mAh lithium ion battery. Both batteries are listed as 11.1 volts? It does not state weather it is a 9 cell, 6 cell or should I really care cell. I am pc illiterate and need guidance, could someone please help me out here and steer me in the best possible direction.

Thanks y'all,

Uncle Wally

I have a Dell XPS M1530 laptop and the original battery died, out of nowhere after only 14 months of use. The damn thing was not even recognized when I restart the the laptop. This is my first Dell and I have never had a battery die before. (HP/Compaq had their own share of issues, most were far, far worse.)

OK, here is where I get all slippery, what is the difference between a 4800mAh and a 7800mAh lithium ion battery. Both batteries are listed as 11.1 volts? It does not state weather it is a 9 cell, 6 cell or should I really care cell. I am pc illiterate and need guidance, could someone please help me out here and steer me in the best possible direction.

Thanks y'all,

Uncle Wally

No PC company manufactures their own laptop batteries. No matter what company's laptop you buy, there's a good chance your laptop battery was made by Sony. That's just FYI.

No PC company manufactures their own laptop batteries.

Same thing with car radios/audio... Always best to find out who makes them for the car company then get the proper converter and by from the radio manu. than the rip off car dealer. The car maker will have a few pins configured differently so if you want to install a CD changer, it won't match up with the head unit with the car company name on it. You can save 100's if not thousands on car audio stuff and get better equipment!