Um, how about starting Fitzpatrick?

You best not be taking a shot at the "Chroisen One" with these remarks, sir!

How dare you say that about the chosen one, the one who many on this board think was dropped here by a higher power.

Actually, that wasn't a shot at Hamdan at all. I'd rather see Hamdan at #2 if/when Edwards gets hurt. I'm stating that Fitzpatrick should be no higher on any depth chart than 3rd string. The guy is garbage.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before start comparing based on preseason stats, there are a few things I think we need to take into consideration.

1. The teams don't prepare for each other for preseason games. Things like special blitzes, plays or players are taken into consideration, because they don't game-plan for game or team that going to be playing against. They do not spend any time in film room review tendancies. When playing against a team that has good pass-rush, or runs allot stunts and blitzes, they haven't typically seen those plays in practice of film to properly prepare for them. So they tend to be more affective, and make it hard on offense. There was an awful lot of blitzing and schemes on line that GB used in that game which isn't normally done in the preseason. They are putting in a new defense, to they where not as vanilla in their schemes as most teams typically are. While would like to see TE respond better than he did, is not surprising that they had a hard time against a style of play they have not been practicing against, or seen yet this year.

2. New offensive line. This is first time this line as is currently configured has seen a 3-4. They didn't fair well in their blocking scheme, but considering that they where not only facing allot of blitzing, they were also facing a 3-4 for first time. Guards/Center have different responsibilities, and have to do allot more passing off with blitzing in different ways than have had to yet. It took several drives before line starting to gel, and first unit offense suffered for it. They never really got comfortable in run blocking, but pass blocking improved as game went on. Possibly just because of drop off in talent between first and 2nd units, but also possible do to exposure to it over course of the game.

While it wasn't a pretty game, and first team offense wasn't good at all. I don't think it would have gone that poorly had this team been properly prepared for. They still are a much more talented team in allot of areas than bills are, I think first team offense would have fared much better if they actually spent time preparing for them.

You best not be taking a shot at the "Chroisen One" with these remarks, sir!

How dare you say that about the chosen one, the one who many on this board think was dropped here by a higher power.

How soon we forget the recent "Where have our Avatars gone?" debacle. The Chroisen One did verily condescend to restore them with God speed. All Hail the Chroisen One (with tears of joy and hurt from the criticism streaming down my cheeks)!

Again, I repeat, you should not be allowed to make posts. Absolutely ludicrous.

We might have had a reasonable conversation or discussion but clearly, that is not what you come here for. It's possible to disagree with someone, even strongly, without being a rude, raised-by-pigs, little twit about it.

When you grow up (please tell me you are not an adult with manners this bad), you might want to try leading with a thoughtful, even if strongly worded, response rather than 14 year old insults. There are plenty around here who applaud that sort of thing so if you are here to draw grunts and guffaws from the meanest little intertwits around to give your appalling lack of self esteem a desperate boost, we can only hope you will grow out of it some day.

If Trent tosses two picks a game, fumbles at least once each game and produces no points for a 4 game stretch, you think that, "not being surprised" at Fitz given a shot under those conditions would be ludicrous? Really, just how many games with more picks than points would Trent have to have before it would be something less than ludicrous?

Actually, that wasn't a shot at Hamdan at all. I'd rather see Hamdan at #2 if/when Edwards gets hurt. I'm stating that Fitzpatrick should be no higher on any depth chart than 3rd string. The guy is garbage.

He may very well be, as you say, "garbage" but consider for a moment what it might mean that our starter might not be as infinitely better as one might hope. Getting outplayed by garbage in a meaningless preseason game with all the "played against first string" and "played against second string" excuses notwithstanding, is not exactly what I had hoped from our franchise QB.

Trent Edward is hardly a done deal as the future of this franchise. This is the year for him to close that deal. He deserves all of our support because he has shown plenty of promise and besides, the alternative is too terrible to contemplate.

If you want to tout his preseason #'s, you might want to take note that Hamdan's playing time has pretty much been limited to meaningless 'garbage time' against guys who won't survive the final roster cuts.

If anything that would indicate he is an excellent 3rd stringer or even 2nd stringer material.

Pouts:

Trent Edwards 20/25 for 158 0 td 2 int for a passer rating of 59.7 average gain of 6.3 yards/att.

Larry Fitzpatrick 21/43 for 316 1 td 1 int for a passer rating of 71.5 average gain of 7.3 yards/att.

Gibran Hamdan 23/31 for 263 1 td 1 int for a passer rating of 96.6 average gain of 8.5 yards/att

The Dean's snottiness aside, I understand the infatuation with Hamdan - I like him too. Yet, for some odd reason Hamdan seems to have lost some of the 'Chroise' this preseason. I don't mean to blaspheme, but I just am not getting the same readings on the 'Chroise-meter' that I did last year. Not sure why.

Not sure why either, but I understand what you mean. He looks more confident, yet looks to have lost some of his glamour for lack of a better word. Maybe it's because he isn't trying to push? I also was thinking he was looking different this year, maybe his footing is different?

Maybe, since Hamdan has only seen action in one regular season NFL game since he was drafted in 2003 (1-for-2, 7 yards) before being relegated to NFL Europe by 2 different teams, then released by both those teams, a look at his college #'s (his preseason action has been mostly against 3rd & 4th stringers and rookies fresh out of college anyway) might explain why I brought Graham Harrell into the equation -

Gibram Hamdan - 2,115 yards, 9 TDs

Graham Harrell - 15,793 yards, 134 TDs

(Trent Edwards - 4,693 yards, 32 TDs)

So yeah - Hamdan may be putting more points on the board than our Los Gatos Boy (I'm beginning to wonder if even The Dean couldn't put more points on the board than Trentie), but I don't think it's that tough to see why I wish the Bills would have at least given a look at Graham Harrell.

Ok, I understand you looked him up on his NFL page... But that page is wrong.

2003 - Redskins 7th round draft pick

2004 - FA, cut after redskins coach was fired during offseason, second string Amsterdam Admirals behind Clint Stoerner (Arena hero who sucked in the real game, caused quite the controversy because fans wanted Hamdan)

2005 - Amsterdam Admirals starting QB, Seahawks, PS

2006 - Amsterdam Admirals starting QB, Seahawks, cut, didn't clear waivers, signed to 49-ers PS, signed to Seahawks roster after Hasselbeck went down from 49-ers PS finished season with Seahawks

2007 - Signed with Dolphins to compete with Lemon for starting job, cut (story on it self), picked up early during the season to the Bills PS activated onto active roster in favor of Craig Nall who was cut to make room once Lossman went down.

2008 - Bills 3rd, promoted to 2nd for last 2 games of the season in favor of JP Lossman

2009 - Bills 3rd, pushed back by Fitzpatrick signing

In college Hamdan was the backup behind Randle-El, so basicly throwing in his college numbers don't mean much. If you talk to Hamdan about his college period he'll talk baseball. So basicly Hamdan got his college reps in NFL Europe, which was quite the step up from college. Bottomline you cant throw in college numbers to compare the two.

The 1/2 for 7 with a sack stat was a 4th quarter final drive bone that was thrown his way on which he went 3 and out.