Poz=Paup?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much what I was going to say... :P

Agreed. So... who was the best all time middle line backer for Bills? Talley, biscuit (who did inside and out), London (who I think was the only pure MLB)?

Talley is the all time leading tacklet for the BUF with 1095 in 11 years. Now that is pretty sweet...

Hey "dumb scheeeiiit"- I guess you are not reveling in Paup's dominance either? Let me know if my spell checker missed anything, you inspired me to spend the extra time to at least run it through…. Later.

Nah, you're good. Though you went a little crazy with the ellipsis there at the end, but whatever. Scrappy dudes usually fail. Par for the course. Later.

Dunaway, McDole and Sestak.

Don't forget Tippy Day. They played a 4-3.

I'd still give the edge to the mid-90s D-line. The 4-3 line of the 60s a close 2nd

Agreed. So... who was the best all time middle line backer for Bills? Talley, biscuit (who did inside and out), London (who I think was the only pure MLB)?

Talley is the all time leading tacklet for the BUF with 1095 in 11 years. Now that is pretty sweet...

Talley was an OLB as well...on the weak side behind BRUCE at ROLB

Haslett and Nelson were a solid tandem in the late 70s and early 80s

Harry Jacobs was a smart, steady force in the middle in the 60s

could poz could have a year like Bryce Paup did that year he won AFC Defensive Player of the Year?

we haven't really had a dominant force in the middle since Paup. Fletcher was amazing and i think we let him go too early, but i understand we're trying to get younger and establish leadership. but the bills do have history of letting good players go too early...........Flutie for Johnson is a good example.

Paup was allowed to rush in a different scheme altogether. I can't see the Bills vacating the middle like that. Don't forget they had Bruce too!

The guy I would compare Poz with (and am hopeful that he'll be as good as) is Chris Spielman.

Spielman was a perennial Pro Bowler, was All Pro twice, and in fact gave the Bills one great season, 2006 when he had a career best 206 tackles and was a constant force against the run. He injured his spine while with the Bills and the injury eventually caused him to retire. But he was awesome for the Bills in 2006, his last great year.

Spielman is a "football cradle" guy (the term I use for Ohio/PA kids who grew up dreaming of and working towards the NFL) like Poz. Both are about 6'1" and 250 pounds.

Spielman used to sleep naked in the hotel room with the air conditioning on before cold weather games to get acclimated. I think Poz has the same extreme passion for the game. Poz IMO will become a great linebacker, if given the opportunity (better supporting cast).

could poz could have a year like Bryce Paup did that year he won AFC Defensive Player of the Year?

we haven't really had a dominant force in the middle since Paup. Fletcher was amazing and i think we let him go too early, but i understand we're trying to get younger and establish leadership. but the bills do have history of letting good players go too early...........Flutie for Johnson is a good example.

:P

I was saying in another thread that Puz is going to take a huge leap forward this year if he stays healthy. I'm talking "Brian Urlacher" good. Urlacher's second and third years in the "Cover 2" system is when he began to be a beast. I expect the same things out of Puz and I'm seeing it already in the preseason. The guy has been a madman out there. If Puz doesn't make the Pro Bowl this year he'll be the first alternate, mark my words. This guy is going to show exactly why the Bills traded up in the draft to get him 2 years ago.