Anyone know if Levi Jones is healthy?

Lv-Bills

Well, you all know why.

I like Langston Walker at RT. Period. I'm going to trust the Hangartner is ok at C, and Wood seems to be on his way to a good career in the NFL.

So, judging by those three statements, we could be very solid at those three positions. That leaves one guard spot and LT. Obviously I'd move Butler back to G and let Levitre develop behind him. Then, I'd go out and get Levi Jones. Not because Levi is Levi. But, it seems to make sense to me. If Walker is a subpar LT, which 95% of fans and media think he is (OK, throw the Oakland Raiders in this mix too), then even if Levi Jones turns out a little less than mediocre, he'd still be about the same quality as Walker. Difference being, the other parts of the line have guys playing where we already know that we'd be at least solid.

I mean, how much worse could Levi be than Walker? If that's the case......and I say IF Levi's healthy, get him in here, and move everybody back to where they are comfortable. The pass blocking the last few years has been OK.

Why would Levi Jones wanna come here? Furthermore, why would the Bills want an aging tackle with a degenerative back condition?

I do think we could use some help at tackle. I just dont think the Bills agree. They "like their guys."

Why would Levi Jones wanna come here? Furthermore, why would the Bills want an aging tackle with a degenerative back condition?

I do think we could use some help at tackle. I just dont think the Bills agree. They "like their guys."

Would you want a job if you didn't have one?

Q: Why would Levi want to come here?

A: Because he's unemployed.

Q: Why would the Bills want an aging tackle with a back condition?

A: I don't know, that's why I actually asked if he's healthy, and you didn't answer.

Again, I'm thinking if he's healthy, he would be just as good as Walker at LT. If that's the case, sign him and at least get Walker back to where he's above average at RT. LT would still be weak, but at least one position on the line would be fixed,with Walker at RT.

Well, you all know why.

I like Langston Walker at RT. Period. I'm going to trust the Hangartner is ok at C, and Wood seems to be on his way to a good career in the NFL.

So, judging by those three statements, we could be very solid at those three positions. That leaves one guard spot and LT. Obviously I'd move Butler back to G and let Levitre develop behind him. Then, I'd go out and get Levi Jones. Not because Levi is Levi. But, it seems to make sense to me. If Walker is a subpar LT, which 95% of fans and media think he is (OK, throw the Oakland Raiders in this mix too), then even if Levi Jones turns out a little less than mediocre, he'd still be about the same quality as Walker. Difference being, the other parts of the line have guys playing where we already know that we'd be at least solid.

I mean, how much worse could Levi be than Walker? If that's the case......and I say IF Levi's healthy, get him in here, and move everybody back to where they are comfortable. The pass blocking the last few years has been OK.

I don't think he is healthy and able to play. If he was, I think some team would have taken a chance on him. Right now he is available and no team has signed him.

Yeah...guessing he is not healthy. Cards showed a brief interest a few weeks ago by having him visit-then they backed off and didnt make an offer. If he is healthy, the bills would certainly bring him in for a look. to far into camp though to believe he is ok..

It's his knee. CIN has a history of hanging onto injured players, as well as paying out injury money if the player can't come back. As of last season, their '05 #1 David Pollack with the broken neck was still on the books. Surprising, considering their skinflint owner, but there it is.

My guess is that Jones is damaged goods. LTs are valuable - I don't think CIN dumped him unless they determined his career was over. He's been on the market for a good while - and no team has bit, beyond a courtesy interview, AFAIK.

I like the idea but I don't believe it will happen. I still propose we just use two right tackles and roll out every play. :rolleyes:

:doh:

Now this is certainly different. Could you imagine if something this crazy worked? Everyone in the league would be copying it like the wildcat! Funny stuff.

Well, you all know why.

He was reportedly talking to Arizona last month but apparently nothing came of it. He's seemingly fallen off the NFL map...can't be a good sign WRT his health, especially this late in the preseason. Either that, or he wants to avoid the rigors of training camp and is waiting for the right "situation". I tend to believe it's the former, JMO.