Does anyone else think we're thin at backup G/C?

ans4e64

IMO, McKinney is having the worst camp out of all the Bills players on the roster. During camp he gets blown off the ball time after time and during the games he gets penalities left and right. I often wonder how this guy has played on teams before in the NFL. From what I've seen just this season, he should not make the roster... but he is also the only backup we have that is a veteran with game experience. Then there's Chambers. Much more suited as a tackle, IMO. I don't like him at guard.

If we cut McKinney because he stinks, who is the swing guard and who is the backup center? You can't move Wood over, that is too disruptive to his development and the rest of the cohesive line IMO. Gaddis? Rodd? All terrible choices.

IMO, we don't have any quality depth behind Levitre, Hangartner and Wood. That worries me. I believe there are still plenty of veterans out there that are better than McKinney, Rodd and Gaddis.

Aside from the perennial contenders, which we're not...YET...are there teams in the league who can say for certain that they ARE deep at C/G?

I'm sure they at least have ONE GUY that can come in for an injured player and not have him suck. We don't even have one, IMO, and that is the point I'm making.

I believe Matt Lehr, Lennie Friedman, Grey Ruegamer, Kendall Simmons, Pete Kendall, Charles Spencer and Kynan Forney are still available (probably some of the are signed by now). But you can't tell me there isn't a guy in that group that is better than Christian Gaddis, Brandon Rodd or McKinney.

I believe Matt Lehr, Lennie Friedman, Grey Ruegamer, Kendall Simmons, Pete Kendall, Charles Spencer and Kynan Forney are still available (probably some of the are signed by now). But you can't tell me there isn't a guy in that group that is better than Christian Gaddis, Brandon Rodd or McKinney.

Chambers? I know he's no superstar, but isn't his natural position Guard?

IMO, McKinney is having the worst camp out of all the Bills players on the roster. During camp he gets blown off the ball time after time and during the games he gets penalities left and right. I often wonder how this guy has played on teams before in the NFL. From what I've seen just this season, he should not make the roster... but he is also the only backup we have that is a veteran with game experience. Then there's Chambers. Much more suited as a tackle, IMO. I don't like him at guard.

If we cut McKinney because he stinks, who is the swing guard and who is the backup center? You can't move Wood over, that is too disruptive to his development and the rest of the cohesive line IMO. Gaddis? Rodd? All terrible choices.

IMO, we don't have any quality depth behind Levitre, Hangartner and Wood. That worries me. I believe there are still plenty of veterans out there that are better than McKinney, Rodd and Gaddis.

I guess you can add that group to the linebackers, who don't have anyone on the second unit who have ever recorded a tackle in the NFL in a regular season game. How's that for "lack of depth"??

I sure hope T.O. and his one year 6.5 Million cap hit stays healthy for all 16 regular season games. Because since the circle jerks spent the money on Owens, they have closed up the cash register for the '09 season, no matter how thin they are at other positions.

I guess you can add that group to the linebackers, who don't have anyone on the second unit who have ever recorded a tackle in the NFL in a regular season game. How's that for "lack of depth"??

I sure hope T.O. and his one year 6.5 Million cap hit stays healthy for all 16 regular season games. Because since the circle jerks spent the money on Owens, they have closed up the cash register for the '09 season, no matter how thin they are at other positions.

Yeah but Pat Thomas, Nic Harris, Alvin Bowen? Those guys can at least play. Christian Gaddis? Brandon Rodd? Who the hell are those guys lol?

Kendall Simmons is still out there I believe. I think he'd be worth a look at the right price :lol:

:nana: GREAT take!

Of course he would be worth bringing in for a workout to at least make sure he is over his serious injuries. But alas, the Bills keep saying they "like the players they have."

The Bills are thin at backup on both lines, IMO.

I agree. Levitre and Wood were a great start but it takes time to fix years of mistakes and neglect.

The Bills would probably be one of the better teams in the NFL if they had a philosophy that placed enough emphasis at the line positions on both offense and defense. Again, the 09 draft was a huge step in the right direction in the early rounds. Let's hope they keep it going in 2010.

The pre-season is about evaluating talent , so far I have not seen our starters or backups be out played by Tenn. or Chi. Two teams with SB mention this year.Granted they may have wiffed on a play or three but in general they look better than most rosters this decade. The Turk is going to have a tough time this year come cut day.

The pre-season is about evaluating talent , so far I have not seen our starters or backups be out played by Tenn. or Chi. Two teams with SB mention this year.Granted they may have wiffed on a play or three but in general they look better than most rosters this decade. The Turk is going to have a tough time this year come cut day.

Is that really your argument? That our scrubs are ok because they didn't get dominated against other scrubs?

Your thought process would have led you to believe Detroit was going to the Super Bowl last year, since they started the Preseason 5-0 and their scrubs dominated other teams' scrubs.