Hardy

SlamnSam

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the night practice last week in the VIP area (thanks Sis), and I stayed after the practice was over to watch Hardy run routes with Baker throwing and a few DB's who volunteered to be token obstacles. I also saw him on the field behind the tents working out on his own. He was also nice enough to pose for quick photo with my sister when he was jogging between the fields to start his post practice workout.

All I can say is that this guy has unreal talent. I have never seen a guy with strides that long that were also quick. When he accelerates, he covers so much ground so quickly that I don't think there are many DB's who can stay with him out of his breaks. Once his route running is sharpened and he knows the playbook well enough to play without the hesitation that comes with "...the pale cast of thought...", he is going to be as good as he wants to be. He just needs to stay healthy and he needs to want it and want it bad. For the team's part, they just need to be patient. Remember, it took Moulds a few years to amount to anything.

And another thing, he should not be relegated to jump balls in the back of the endzone. He has the speed to do a lot more than that. A gazelle with an attitude. His speed, flat out, may not be all that much faster than other WR's but his acceleration is something else. Post patterns where he can turn on the jets when he breaks inside and drag routes across the field should be on his dance card for sure.

As most of you know, I am pretty pessimistic about this team so I am not prone to easy compliments. If Hardy stays healthy and out of trouble off the field, the sky is the limit.

The one concern I have for him are his hands. Haven't seen enough of him to make that judgment yet.

Great Post.......He is not just a JUMP BALL guy. He is a natural althlete. Once he learns the routes he will become a factor.

And if Owens is our best receiver this year, why for the love of God would we not resign him to a 2 or 3 year contract after the season is over? I would be perfectly fine with him finishing his career right here in Buffalo. And by the way Hardy looked awful last year. He has absolutely no idea of how to play receiver in the pro game. He may become something in the future, but geese you wonder how he could be so raw.

And it does get annoying to read posts from people like yourself who think they know everything about the game of football. Just because another fan wants a guy cut who did absolutely nothing for us, you shouldn't become all high and mighty Mr. Freak. And to say that Hardy will be good enough to take over for Owens next year could be the reach of the century. But only time will tell.

There was a pretty good article posted last year that I thought made it pretty clear why Hardy is so raw (and why someone like Steve Johnson looked so much better than him). The gist of it was that Hardy played in a very basic offense at Indiana and never learned how to read coverages or adjust routes, whereas Johnson played in a pro-style offense in Kentucky where he got to learn and practice all that - reading coverages, adjusting his routes, etc. So it's not surprising that Johnson looked much more polished while Hardy looked exactly like he was - a rookie learning a pro system AND learning how to be a WR at the same time.

Here's the link: LINK.

There was a pretty good article posted last year that I thought made it pretty clear why Hardy is so raw (and why someone like Steve Johnson looked so much better than him). The gist of it was that Hardy played in a very basic offense at Indiana and never learned how to read coverages or adjust routes, whereas Johnson played in a pro-style offense in Kentucky where he got to learn and practice all that - reading coverages, adjusting his routes, etc. So it's not surprising that Johnson looked much more polished while Hardy looked exactly like he was - a rookie learning a pro system AND learning how to be a WR at the same time.

You are asking him to consider context and circumstance? To think beyond the rookie season?

Have you gone MAD?

No doubt. But let me also add Dwayne Bowe to the list. High production....rookie year, crappy QB.

Again, its being done a lot more recently. So, excuses for Hardy are just that.

It is totally true it can be done in a rookie year. However this fact does not mean that a player who showed little his first year pr even with bad showings his forst two years cannot become a productive player in his third year.

There is no need to panic and cut Hardy even after a less than productive rookie year.

You're ruining the carnage with all of your common sense and level-headedness.

I'm gonna need you to leave... :lol:

OP - I love how you post something completely moronic and then do nothing to defend why you did so. That pretty much defines the word "troll", so unless you have some educated reasoning for why Hardy should not be on our roster, stfu....