Belichick's brain

Billistic

I hate the twice a year ass kicking we get at the hands pf the Pats but Belichick is great. How his team responded behind Cassell after Brady went down was incredible. He consistantly comes up with innovative, trend setting schemes that make the most of what he has on his roster. Great gameplanner and just as great a gameday coach who has terrific instincts for the feel of the game (casssel quick kick anyone?). It's no mistake that his gameplans for SB XXV and SB XXXVI are in the HOF.

Is he pompous jerk? No Doubt

Sore loser? You got it

Get caught cheating? Think you know the answer

Is he a great coach? No Question

He's a really good coach but you give him way too much credit. He made his mark with the Giants but it was a team that already had a top 10 defense and maybe teh greatest defensive player on it already. His record before lucking into a Hall of Fame QB was a Jauron like 41-57.

Again, he is a really good but so overrated and I won't put him in my top 10 NFL coaches list.

Who is in your top 10? I assume you're talking all-time because he's easily #1 in the present nfl. Because I garauntee all of them had a hall of fame qb.

Who is in your top 10? I assume you're talking all-time because he's easily #1 in the present nfl. Because I garauntee all of them had a hall of fame qb.

In the current league I would say

1) Belichick

2) Fisher

3) Coughlin

4) Tomlin

5) Reid

A Hall of Fame QB certainly helps, but I can think of a few HOF coaches without HOF QBs:

Joe Gibbs

Bud Grant

John Madden

George Halas

George Allen

Dick Vermeil (Warner has a chance though...)

In the current league I would say

1) Belichick

2) Fisher

3) Coughlin

4) Tomlin

5) Reid

A Hall of Fame QB certainly helps, but I can think of a few HOF coaches without HOF QBs:

Joe Gibbs

Bud Grant

John Madden

George Halas

George Allen

Dick Vermeil (Warner has a chance though...)

Gibbs had Theisman, HOF'er. Dick Vermiel isn't in the hall and probably won't make it (I think he should) Bud Grant had Fran Tarkenton, HOF'er, George Halas had Sid Luckman, HOF'er, John Madden had the Snake who should be in the HOF but inexplicably isn't. And George Allen never won anything.

Almost a total fail on your part, plus only gibbs and halas would even come close to the top 10 coaches all time.