For the out-of-towner's

The only problem I have is that the Sunday Ticket doesnt kick in till first week of the season, so I don't get NFL Network until then :thumbsup:

My brother in law (in San Antonio) is a Bears fan and is in the same boat. I have Direct TV, so get the NFL Network (but don't have the NFL Package) so I will see the game. Very odd. For the regular season, lucky for me there is a Bills Backers bar close to me here in Denver. Seems pretty strange scheduling though.

The only problem I have is that the Sunday Ticket doesnt kick in till first week of the season, so I don't get NFL Network until then :thumbsup:

Are you sure? Do you have anything besides Sunday Ticket. They usually enable NFL Network in the Preseason.

If you have Sunday Ticket, I suggest tuning to channel 212... That's NFL Network. It's different than Sunday Ticket...

My brother in law (in San Antonio) is a Bears fan and is in the same boat. I have Direct TV, so get the NFL Network (but don't have the NFL Package) so I will see the game. Very odd. For the regular season, lucky for me there is a Bills Backers bar close to me here in Denver. Seems pretty strange scheduling though.

Huh? IF you have DTV, you have the NFL Network and the game will be on. Channel 212.

If you have Sunday Ticket, I suggest tuning to channel 212... That's NFL Network. It's different than Sunday Ticket...

Nope, I just switched yesterday based on the threads previously posted (and re-posted by Scooby since he is so special) first I checked channel 212 since I just got a new receiver (I've had the original sinve 1997 or so). Then I called direct TV in nuclear mode suggesting that as a loyal customer I was outraged that I wasn't receiving NFL Network. After being put on perma-hold while waiting for the supervisor, I was disconnected. I called in again and when I got the supervisor he gave me the spiel about retention of customers yada yada, Long story short, NFL Network is not loaded for Sunday ticket customers until the beginning of the season. I have basic programming since I only use DTV for the ticket. If you have a higher choice, you may have NFL Network within the package.

Hey, question for anyone who may see this and know the answer ... I gave the Bears tickets away to a friend of mine whose nephew plays for Chicago. Also, I recently got high-speed internet. Any on-line options available to view or listen if you're 400 miles from B-Lo? (I'm not a techno-freak, and I attend almost every home game, so believe it or not I have no idea. Help!)

Nope, I just switched yesterday based on the threads previously posted (and re-posted by Scooby since he is so special) first I checked channel 212 since I just got a new receiver (I've had the original sinve 1997 or so). Then I called direct TV in nuclear mode suggesting that as a loyal customer I was outraged that I wasn't receiving NFL Network. After being put on perma-hold while waiting for the supervisor, I was disconnected. I called in again and when I got the supervisor he gave me the spiel about retention of customers yada yada, Long story short, NFL Network is not loaded for Sunday ticket customers until the beginning of the season. I have basic programming since I only use DTV for the ticket. If you have a higher choice, you may have NFL Network within the package.

Wouldn't the NFL want pretty much every set of football-jersey-buying eyes watching the NFL network in August? I can see them wanting a "premium" network during the season, but during the preseason its just going to get more people thinking about football, buying tickets and merchandise, etc.

This makes no sense. NFL Network has absolutely ZERO to do with the NFL package OR what reciever you have. ZERO. There is only one package DTV offers that doesn't have the NFL Network. And if you have that one (Family package), pony up the exztra couple of bucks and get to a package that has it. It has nothing to do with getting Sunday Ticket or what receiver you have.

Hey, question for anyone who may see this and know the answer ... I gave the Bears tickets away to a friend of mine whose nephew plays for Chicago. Also, I recently got high-speed internet. Any on-line options available to view or listen if you're 400 miles from B-Lo? (I'm not a techno-freak, and I attend almost every home game, so believe it or not I have no idea. Help!)

What he said!

How ya doing Petrino? Any odes for the coming year? :thumbsup: