Did the Byrd fly back?

Yes, he had surgery a month ago. According to the link you posted, he could be playing his sport within 2-3 more weeks. I'm not saying he will be, I'm saying he could be, according to the link you posted. The season starts more than one month from today. Will he have enough time to pick everything up and start? Very unlikely. PUP? Zero Contribution this year? It's a possibility, but I think that's a bit pessimistic.

No doubt he had laparoscopic surgery. He should be able to run by now. If was a true hernia and he had a real job, he would have been back to work in no more than ten days.

Yes I am pessimistic about the drafting abilities of the Bills. This pick did not help if the guy was healthy. Then to find out that he had a sports hernia that the FO either knew about or should have known about.... wow it is stunning and despicable the way they slap us fans around.

I feel we will get a much bigger contribution this year from Nic Harris and Shawn Nelson than from Maybin and Byrd who we drafted in the first couple of rounds. Especially Harris. And Lankster may well even be a better overall db than Byrd; he is faster we know that about him, and he came to us undamaged.

Wood is the blue chipper of this draft though!! Looks to be the real deal.

for someone who's "pessimistic" regarding the Bills drafting abilities, you sure have a liberal use of exclamation marks in the case of Wood, whom if i recall correctly might have been drafted by the Bills.

i also believe Harris and Nelson fall into the same category, though wondering why they weren't worth at least a half an exclamation mark. granted, it's tough to keep track of these things.

of note, Bills didn't discover the sports hernia problem until mid-June, though Byrd complained of a groin injury for part of last season. but i'm sure on draft day, the Bills front office huddled at the start of the second round and wondered, "what stunning and despicable move can we make the slap the fans around?"

and of course, Lankster's already better than Byrd because he picked off a third-string quarterback twice. he, they were good plays, but a bit of perspective might be in order (i'll forego the exclamation mark).

jw

Yes I am pessimistic about the drafting abilities of the Bills. This pick did not help if the guy was healthy. Then to find out that he had a sports hernia that the FO either knew about or should have known about.... wow it is stunning and despicable the way they slap us fans around.

bI feel we will get a much bigger contribution this year from Nic Harris and Shawn Nelson than from Maybin and Byrd who we drafted in the first couple of rounds. Especially Harris. And Lankster may well even be a better overall db than Byrd; he is faster we know that about him, and he came to us undamaged.

Wood is the blue chipper of this draft though!! Looks to be the real deal.

Sounds like you're actually optimistic about the drafting abilities of the Bills.

for someone who's "pessimistic" regarding the Bills drafting abilities, you sure have a liberal use of exclamation marks in the case of Wood, whom if i recall correctly might have been drafted by the Bills.

i also believe Harris and Nelson fall into the same category, though wondering why they weren't worth at least a half an exclamation mark. granted, it's tough to keep track of these things.

of note, Bills didn't discover the sports hernia problem until mid-June, though Byrd complained of a groin injury for part of last season. but i'm sure on draft day, the Bills front office huddled at the start of the second round and wondered, "what stunning and despicable move can we make the slap the fans around?"

and of course, Lankster's already better than Byrd because he picked off a third-string quarterback twice. he, they were good plays, but a bit of perspective might be in order (i'll forego the exclamation mark).

jw

owned

jw

I can't help but chuckle, John. Zazie is a unique bird. Speaking of Byrd, the real reason Zazie feels Lankster is better is because we didn't draft Everette Brown instead of Jairus when we had the chance. Now how can anyone argue with logic like that?

GO BILLS!!!