I'll be the first to say it

gomper

You're just being snarky, right?

The offense has the potential to be potent this year.

What did you see from Saturday that gave you the impression the offense has the potential to

be potent this year?? Unlike the Kelly years, they are running the no huddle now based on the

shakiness of the O line. Quick passes is all they can hold up for and based on yesterday, there will be

no holes for running game whatsoever. Its only 1 preseason game, but the line has not been stellar the laste

few years WITH an all pro left tackle and Mcnally was even here and he was one of the best O line coaches.

They have 5 new starters on the line an O line coach in Sean Kugler that I believe is in over his head.

To say the offense will be potent is a joke.

What did you see from Saturday that gave you the impression the offense has the potential to

be potent this year?? Unlike the Kelly years, they are running the no huddle now based on the

shakiness of the O line. Quick passes is all they can hold up for and based on yesterday, there will be

no holes for running game whatsoever. Its only 1 preseason game, but the line has not been stellar the laste

few years WITH an all pro left tackle and Mcnally was even here and he was one of the best O line coaches.

They have 5 new starters on the line an O line coach in Sean Kugler that I believe is in over his head.

While I am a long way away from saying this team has improved keep in mind last night was a glorified practice. f you think an o-line featuring everyone at a new position and two rookies is going to perform at a high level after a series or two then you are crazy. I was happy to see that Edwards hooked up with TO on a couple of throws (over the middle even). If the oline can improve weekly then this season may not be lost. The D also has to find a pass rush.

The sky is not falling yet - still four more pretender games before the real action begins.

I said it has the "potential" to be potent. I think that TO will make Edwards a better QB and add some spark to the offense. If you are basing your opinions on this team based on what you saw last night, you don't understand the purpose of pre season. At least hold off for a couple of regular season games and then you will have something to base an opinion on.

be potent this year??

Saturday? Nothing. Sunday however gave us a glimpse of what this unit could become, with some more training camp time and pre-season games.

To dismiss it after 1 preseason game is foolish. But that seems to be the theme around here.

That is incorrect. The no huddle is not about quick passes. The no huddle is about denying the other team a chance to substitute. No offense, but you may want to read up on it before you make posts saying that we are doomed when you are not even quite sure what we are attempting to do.

I do think the OL will be a weakness for a while. So we may end up dumping off passes to the FB, RB, and TE as a safety valve. We may also go with more intermediate routes. Those are not necessarily the hallmarks of a No huddle offense though. That is a decision that will be made, which will influence what plays we select while running the no huddle. Hope that helps.

Same old bills from the past decade and a half. We can't score touchdowns and our season is probably going to be over by week 8. Then we will see TO eat trent alive and quit playing after the first drive.

If I am wrong and we are playing meaningful football into hopefully November at best I will shave my legs and become a stripper.

I'm fine with the progress so far. I believe they're improved from last season and will an entertaining team this year.

Remember, they played the Titans. Best record in the NFL last year on merit -and it wasn't because of their QB play. The guys they have on defense are stud pro's, who know exactly where they're supposed to be.

Our new offense? not so much... yet.

I agree with you that the line looks like it has a ways to go. What is encouraging is the fact that the no-huddle gives the QB an opportunity to adjust at the line. Trent seems to be a pretty smart guy and hopefully the Bills can leverage that. Once they start sustaining some drives, the big plays will start to open up. With that being said, and the fact they have plenty of weapons in Lynch, Evans, TO, and Roscoe, I think this offense has has the potential to be potent.

Same old bills from the past decade and a half. We can't score touchdowns and our season is probably going to be over by week 8. Then we will see TO eat trent alive and quit playing after the first drive.

If I am wrong and we are playing meaningful football into hopefully November at best I will shave my legs and become a stripper.

Cheer up dude. It's no fun being disillusioned before the season starts....