Bend but don't break (Our D's mantra)

major

"Bend, but don’t break” – this has been the Bills’ mantra since Perry Fewell took over the defense. If that is the case again this year, how many points does our offense need to score each game for us to win?

Like a couple years ago, when the Giants ended the game by running on us 13 times in a row, 6 of them inside the ten yard lane, and Jauron only went to a bigger defense for the last two runs.

Well, that was more bend over and get broken.

This years defense might be better in the secondary, but who will throw on Buffalo when they can easily win by running the ball.

Then again Brady will still have a field day in the Pats home opener, between Moss, Welker and now Joey Galloway, the Bills will be lucky to keep the score under 50.

"Bend, but don’t break” – this has been the Bills’ mantra since Perry Fewell took over the defense. If that is the case again this year, how many points does our offense need to score each game for us to win?

I'm not sure "Bend but don't break" is Fewell's motto. He doesn't seem to make any noticeable adjustments. I will say that the defense, especially the pass defense, worries me. Yeah, I know they were #13 against the pass last year, but they tend to play off the receivers by 3-4 steps at least so when the ball is caught, the receiver usually gets another 5+ yards. I don't know whether that's Fewell's scheme by design or not. Watch other teams, like Tennessee last night, and their backs were hitting the Bills receivers in 1-2 steps. Quick slants and posts are pretty much a given against the Bills because the backs play off so much, and with very little QB pressure there's nothing to stop it. I would like to see the backs closing on the receivers in 1-2 steps and more QB pressure. I would also like a winning Powerball ticket and Penelope Cruz.

Sign Maybin

My god it's preseason. The Bills are not going to show their Blitz packages in the first Preseason game of 5. Some people just don't get it.

The defense will be just as good as it was last year if not better. The issues you saw last night were due to tackling and picking poor angles to make a tackle. Since most teams don't like to finish players due to injury it's going to take a few preseason games to knock the rust off.

The defense will be just as good as it was last year if not better.

Thats what scares me about this defense, I was not that impressed with them last year as many of you were. The offense took most of the criticism (justifiably so), but the defense was not that much better. You say its only the first preseason game, however, that is exactly how they played last year in the regular season. Last night, Collins looked like he was a future hall of famer out there, but that's how the Buffalo defense makes every QB look.

True dat. Face it - we will be 1-2 after the first 3 games. Brady and Brees will carve our bendable D apart. The best we can hope for is that the weather may be a detriment to make it a little more even. When they can't even contain lard-a$$ Crumpler, how are they going to contain a really good receiving corps?

This years defense might be better in the secondary, but who will throw on Buffalo when they can easily win by running the ball.

Then again Brady will still have a field day in the Pats home opener, between Moss, Welker and now Joey Galloway, the Bills will be lucky to keep the score under 50.

why are people so quick to spit out it's only preseason and just wait till the regular season? This organization has been horrific for 10 years. They did next to nothing to correct that this year. My prediction is they actually win one more game this year because of TO and our reward will be that we get to keep Dick for 2 more years.