NO HUDDLE

I actually expect a pretty conservative game plan tonight. While it is what they have been practicing, I am just not sure how they will approach the Preseason.....especially the first game. While I believe they should practice what they plan to run, coaches don't really think that way a lot of the time!

Guess we will see!

NO HUDDLE 2NITE?

I actually expect a pretty conservative game plan tonight. While it is what they have been practicing, I am just not sure how they will approach the Preseason.....especially the first game. While I believe they should practice what they plan to run, coaches don't really think that way a lot of the time!

Guess we will see!

I agree, since they play the Biteans later this year they aren't going to show anything to them. JMO

The camp reports are all saying that the Bills are running screen passes quite a bit. So I expect to see that for sure within the first two series. Teams that can execute the screen pass consistently well tend to be good offenses so I hope it's a part of our arsenal this year.

As for the no huddle, I'm gonna guess that they want to give it a trial run under live conditions and that will outweigh keeping it under wraps for secrecy sake. So my guess is that we'll see the no huddle within the first two series.

All of the above is a wild guess though.

Why is it that the starters were only in for one series tonight? Is it because they couldn't handle the no-huddle offense? The offense looked entirely unprepared.

Is the no-huddle too much to ask for with so many new players in new positions?

I wouldn't be shocked if they viewed the first game as the perfect time to evaluate the newer players, so they can focus more on getting the regular guys up to speed int he 3rd and 4th games.

I wouldn't be shocked if they viewed the first game as the perfect time to evaluate the newer players, so they can focus more on getting the regular guys up to speed int he 3rd and 4th games.

I wish I could believe that, BF.

Offensive starters only in for one series is a horrible sigh, IMHO. Also, IMHO, the reason why they were only in for one series is because that one series they looked LOUSY!

I wish I could believe that, BF.

Offensive starters only in for one series is a horrible sigh, IMHO. Also, IMHO, the reason why they were only in for one series is because that one series they looked LOUSY!

The first team offense looked OK until Trent threw that pick. The throws to T. O. were awesome. The TV guys were saying it was the offensive lineman's fault for not holding them out and giving Trent enough time. But I think Trent had enough time to throw. He just made a bad pass. Hopefully that was an aberration. Like I say, except for the pick, the 1st team offense looked decent.

I would have like to see them in for another series or two though. Oh well, we still got 4 more of these. It'll get better.

The first team offense looked OK until Trent threw that pick. The throws to T. O. were awesome. The TV guys were saying it was the offensive lineman's fault for not holding them out and giving Trent enough time. But I think Trent had enough time to throw. He just made a bad pass. Hopefully that was an aberration. Like I say, except for the pick, the 1st team offense looked decent.

I would have like to see them in for another series or two though. Oh well, we still got 4 more of these. It'll get better.

He had Levitre in his lap when he threw it. May be Trent should have taken a step up, who knows?

The fact that the Bills offensive STARTERS only played one series completely blows me away! I honestly think that we have the most inept coaching staff in the NFL.

Why is it that the starters were only in for one series tonight? Is it because they couldn't handle the no-huddle offense? The offense looked entirely unprepared.

Is the no-huddle too much to ask for with so many new players in new positions?

They handled it quite well. I didn't think they look unprepared at all. In fact, it was Tenny that was unprepared on the second play from scrimmage, with their d-linemen still standing and looking backward on the snap. They obviously used this game to get as much playing time for the newbies. Only the top stars came out after the first series (Trent, T.O., Evans and Lynch).

Sullivan from The Buffalo News writes and I completely agree:

"But is it really plausible for this year's team to run the no-huddle as its primary offense? The teams in the glory years had Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed and James Lofton. They had a highly skilled offensive line that had played together for several years.

This team has an unproven quarterback and a new starter at all five positions on the offensive line. It's hard to imagine the Bills engaging Tom Brady and the Patriots in a track meet in the opener — or for that matter, Drew Brees and New Orleans in Week 3."

This team is NOT prepared and worse, NOT competently coached.

Sullivan from The Buffalo News writes and I completely agree:

"But is it really plausible for this year's team to run the no-huddle as its primary offense? The teams in the glory years had Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed and James Lofton. They had a highly skilled offensive line that had played together for several years.

This team has an unproven quarterback and a new starter at all five positions on the offensive line. It's hard to imagine the Bills engaging Tom Brady and the Patriots in a track meet in the opener — or for that matter, Drew Brees and New Orleans in Week 3."

This team is NOT prepared and worse, NOT competently coached.

I agree with the "NOT competently coached," but I thought the team (all strings) looked quite comfortable in the no-huddle. As has been said MANY times now, the Bills are not trying to recreate the offense Jim Kelly ran. Rather, it is more of the offense the Colts use -- not "hurrying up," so to speak, just reading, constantly reading, the defense and calling the plays from the line. I think it fits our offense quite well, even those lacking NFL experience.

Guest dog14787

This first preseason game allowed us to run the no huddle against a very good opponent (one of the best) and I'm happy with how all strings performed.

I realize getting yanked just a few plays in after a turnover probably left a bad taste in the mouths of the starters( mine also), but if Turk Shonert or DJ was concerned about having the proper protection on the football field to keep our #1 QB out of harms way in a meaningless game then so be it. I appreciate our coaches protecting the teams biggest asset which is Trent Edwards at the QB position.

Patience folks, our O-line is a work in progress and Levitre will be just fine.

Eric Wood had a wonderful debut, what a jewell :thumbsup: