Does DJ show signs of change?

draz54

I think he's much more forthcoming in answering questions and keeping Bills fans informed. The previous seasons he seemed to be way less committal on decisions as well. I'm hoping it's a sign of change... But it's probably just desperation on his part.

unfortunately, Bills will be getting rocked a lot this season... Pats will crush them, unfortunately opening night on national TV (again)... and games with Indy, Titans, Saints, Falcons, Panthers will be laughable... hate to say it, but this season will be DJ's last and there is very little he can do about it...

unfortunately, Bills will be getting rocked a lot this season... Pats will crush them, unfortunately opening night on national TV (again)... and games with Indy, Titans, Saints, Falcons, Panthers will be laughable... hate to say it, but this season will be DJ's last and there is very little he can do about it...

I guess there's no use even playing those games then. But just for fun, and the minute chance that lightning strikes 10 or 12 times this season, I say let's see what happens.

Damn, homey. Sucks to be you.

Actually, DJ is the only one that can do something about it. I have to believe with this being his last chance he will surprise all of us for once. The team also realizes there will be a major shake-up if DJ goes and they should play as hard as they have this decade.

Now if they start out 3-5 things could get really ugly for this team.

He got to this point (an NFL HC) by playing close to the vest and hoping the other team makes a mistake. His coordinators are still mediocre and unimaginative.

HC's like DJ don't survive this long in the league. But in his case, I can't see him changing his stripes in his ninth season as a HC.

As far as I can tell his answers are as pedantic as ever, he is having light practices, giving the players days off...

Nothing changes.

7-9 here we come! It will be completely up to the players and individual effort overcoming poor coaching and gameday management, if we are to better that record; DJ is helpless and hapless.

As far as I can tell his answers are as pedantic as ever, he is having light practices, giving the players days off...

Nothing changes.

7-9 here we come! It will be completely up to the players and individual effort overcoming poor coaching and gameday management, if we are to better that record; DJ is helpless and hapless.

What are you going to do on Sundays now that it's not worth the three hours to watch a Bills game?

What are you going to do on Sundays now that it's not worth the three hours to watch a Bills game?

I am very hopeful that TE can overcome the coaching actually. It will be a matter of his staying healthy. If TE plays 16 games, I think we can be 9-7 or so.

The question was about DJs coaching; if you don't like my response, respond yourself to the question at hand.

Thanks

He has a lot to prove in the game management area...I don't think he reacts quick enough to game situations to handle the job.
It's not just him, it is his staff that is lacking as well. The OC has proven to be lacking in simple play calling,considering the defenses he faced and the fact he kept calling passing plays against nickle and dime defenses.During some games It appeared to me that last season he kept calling passing plays irregardless of who was on the field for the opposing defense or which QB he had throwing the ball,he was going to make the passing game work no matter what.

Now you expect him to be able to analyze the opposing teams defense and make the proper adjustments...doubtful.

The OC has proven to be lacking in simple play calling,considering the defenses he faced and the fact he kept calling passing plays against nickle and dime defenses.During some games It appeared to me that last season he kept calling passing plays irregardless of who was on the field for the opposing defense or which QB he had throwing the ball,he was going to make the passing game work no matter what.

Now you expect him to be able to analyze the opposing teams defense and make the proper adjustments...doubtful.

I think there was a reason why Schonert waited 12 seasons with 5 different clubs before getting the promotion to OC from QB coach-he just wasn't OC material. Some fans think being a rookie coach is like being a rookie player. It's not, TS has been around the league for 20+ seasons and struggled mightily in his rookie season adapting to, among other things, 3-4 defenses. He shouldn't have that issue with his experience.

I think there was a reason why Schonert waited 12 seasons with 5 different clubs before getting the promotion to OC from QB coach-he just wasn't OC material. Some fans think being a rookie coach is like being a rookie player. It's not, TS has been around the league for 20+ seasons and struggled mightily in his rookie season adapting to, among other things, 3-4 defenses. He shouldn't have that issue with his experience.

I agree, Schonert was a mediocre QB & appears to be a mediocre Coach as well.