Anyone else in recovery?

gomper

I consider myself a patient alcoholic. Friday comes around very quickly.

Day after tomorrow already. !@#$ yeah! :P

I would say it is more like a functional alcoholic. Really. My grandfather on my mother's side was like that... Just the weekends. On Friday night, (believe it or not!) the priest would come over and him and my grandfather would eat (grandmother cooking) and then they would proceed to drink out of their gourd... Of course the priest would leave back to the rectory (I hope!! <_<<_< ) and my grandfather would pass out... same thing through Saturday, then he would be ready to go for the earliest morning mass on Sunday!... The be fine and work all week. He died of a massive heart attack just over the age of 50... My grandmother would go to the mid morning mass on Sunday (my grandfather had come home already from ushering the early morning mass) and when she came back home, the paramedics were trying to revive him.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I consider myself a patient alcoholic. Friday comes around very quickly.

Day after tomorrow already. !@#$ yeah! <_<

Well, my concern really is that Gomper, the OP, knows that life is not over. Whether he does it through the 12 steps, etc., which is really the only way that worked for me, and what I have found to be fun, as well as fulfilling, and better than life as a drunk..........or he quits for ten years and finds that he can make it work, like you........We both were raging drunks, and now we're not, and having a good life, and so can he.