Mike Williams Update

H2o

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...inful-to-watch/

3 seasons off will definitely make you have some rough edges, but if he can't make the Skins' team, with their OL problems, I think it's safe to say you can stick a fork in the guy.

edit: Sorry, didn't scroll down again <_<

I'm actually sorry to hear this. I was rooting for the guy but unless you're a special one in a million type of athlete (Lance Armstrong) you can't be away from a sport for three years and perform at a high level against guys that have been playing.

Perhaps he keeps working on his game and gets a shot in the future. I still wish him luck.

GO BILLS!!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...inful-to-watch/

3 seasons off will definitely make you have some rough edges, but if he can't make the Skins' team, with their OL problems, I think it's safe to say you can stick a fork in the guy.

edit: Sorry, didn't scroll down again <_<

He could play in the ufl and than try again next year teams are always looking for o-lineman I think if he wants to play that bad he can get a camp invite next year.

He could play in the ufl and than try again next year teams are always looking for o-lineman I think if he wants to play that bad he can get a camp invite next year.

If he's strapped for cash, he could always make a few bucks as a training camp tease. But his time in the NFL came, never went anywhere, and is now officially over.

I still think that Williams was one of three big reasons that TD was fired. McGahee, who has never proven to be anything more than an average back, wasn't worth the investment of time or $, especially considering he gave nothing for more than a full season while his knee healed. TD always defended MW, even after he was signed by (I think it was the Jags, right?) after the Bills cut him. His quote was, "That's a great signing". And then of course there was the JP Losman trade-up. I can't forget that video from the 2004 draft room, when TD got off the phone and arrogantly stated that some team or other wanted too much to trade up for Roethlisberger. Granted, we did draft Lee Evans, but JP was TD's guy, and when that pick was made, you could see others in the room not looking altogether excited about it. These 3 first round busts (mcgahee isn't a bust except for the value in money and time invested in him...he's not even a top 20 back, and never was.) sealed TD's fate - you can't miss on that many critical money picks.