In NE they said game may be over at halftime

Ray

Jets and Cardinals played 8 guys up all day long to stop the run and they still couldn't stop McGahee. Just wait until he starts breaking long runs. He's not even in full gear yet. McGahee has started all of three NFL games. He has more than a few 10, 12, 15 yard runs. When he hits full speed, he will be breaking 60, 70, 80 yard runs. Teams will have to put 11 guys up to stop him and they still won't be able to.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills have to keep running the ball right at the Patriots Defense.  Their secondary is weak, so clearly BB would imagine the Bills would exploit it.  I'd attack the secondary, but only extensively in the 2nd half.  Pound that ball with McGahee and then put Henry in when Willis needs a breather.  Get them to respect the run, then take advantage of their weakness with the play-action pass.

109431[/snapback]

Not only is the secondary weak, they are only ranked 21st against the run. Could bode well for some nice ball control offence. Thinking very positive here but at this point I really do think we are better than them on defence. I just hope we dominate time of possesion.

Ya know I would have a problem with mcgahees average, if he was consistently only getting 3ypc. But He's had I believe 4 runs of over 20 yards when he's only started 3 games A 21 yard run vs jets 31 yard run vs miami 2 24 yard runs vs Arizona I believe in the most recent jets game he had about 11 runs over 10 yards, and his average was coming down wheen we were just pounding it to close out the game. If you take away the short yard clock killing runs which there was 11 of. Mcgahee for the jets game I believe averaged 5.9ypc. Looking at mcgahees situational stats. He's his strongest between carries 20-25 where he's averaging 5.4ypc. Weakest between 26-31, which drags down his average. Laugh all you want at what you see at paper. I hope the pats players do the same(Even though they won't cause they're not as dumb as their fans) and watch as willis yet again goes over the century mark.

I'm impressed the pats beat the rams. So did the dolphins. What does that tell us about the rams? We all know what happened to the jets after their "big win". Am I predicting a win? Sure Why not? We have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I'm however not saying it will be a blowout. I fully expect the Bills to come out running and pounding mcgahee down the pats throats and dare them to stop him. Will they? We'll see, but I hope for a good game and Bills victory come sunday.

The way I look at it we're in a 4 game season right now, Jets(W) @ NE(?), Rams(?) @ Seattle(?). These next 3 weeks will tell a lot about our team, and what their true potential is. So far so good. Let the REFUSE TO LOSE TRAIN KEEP ON ROLLING. With Willis Mcgahee as the driver. GO BILLS :rolleyes:

sorry I didn't specify. He had 11 runs of no yards or negative yardage.  Those runs were pretty much in garbage time. So basically mcgahee when it mattered had 26 carries for 132 yards giving him a 5ypc average.  Yes the 5.9 was a typo.

My mistake. Still, I've never been a big fan of "if you take away all his short runs" or "if you take away his one big run" arguments. You are what you are. It's just as unfair to take away all of McGahee's unproductive carries and paint him as a 5.0 YPC back as it is to take away all his big runs and paint him as a sub-2.0 YPC back.

im scared that the game wont go our way at all meaning, that NE gets the jump on us and we dont seem to play good on the road or behind... i fdont know i have a good and bad feeling at the same time about sundays game, i just hope we play a good game no matter what the outcome even though ill be pretty bummed if we lose

go bills

mcgahee 4 life

My mistake.  Still, I've never been a big fan of "if you take away all his short runs" or "if you take away his one big run" arguments.  You are what you are.  It's just as unfair to take away all of McGahee's unproductive carries and paint him as a 5.0 YPC back as it is to take away all his big runs and paint him as a sub-2.0 YPC back.

110860[/snapback]

What he's saying, which is what I was saying, is that once the Bills went into ball-control mode at the end of games, basically letting the opponents KNOW they were going to just run the ball, thus necessitating them putting 8 or more in the box to stop it, his YPC dropped as a result. Prior to going into ball-control mode, McGahee was averaging well over 4 YPC against the Dols, Cards, and Jets. It'snot picking and choosing which runs to take out at various points in the game, just at the END of games.

Just one comment, of the three wins the Bills had this season, two were against losing teams, and the Jets win was only by a 5 points...it is really not that impressive going into a road game with the World Champions

110968[/snapback]

How much did NE beat the Jets by again? How many points did you score against them? What was your biggest lead in the game?

Now we're arguing margin of victory? As if that actually has merit?

So now Willis McGahee after playing 6 games or so is now the next Walter Payton?

Who will you all blame for your misfortunes this week? The refs? Drew? The O-Line? Mularkey? Dumbahoe? Cant wait to see the finger pointing on Monday and Tuesday and then the idiot threads on Wednesday about how if you run the table you can get right back into this thing....

Good times.

So now Willis McGahee after playing 6 games or so is now the next Walter Payton?     

Who will you all blame for your misfortunes this week?    The refs?  Drew?  The O-Line?  Mularkey?  Dumbahoe?    Cant wait to see the finger pointing on Monday and Tuesday and then the idiot threads on Wednesday about how if you run the table you can get right back into this thing....

Good times.

110983[/snapback]

It's going to be sooooo much fun watching your defense try to stop McGahee. McGahee's not intimidated by anyone or anything. He's going to come into your house and roll over you guys and there aint nothin you can do about it. :rolleyes:

Who will you all blame for your misfortunes this week?    The refs?  Drew?   The O-Line?   Mularkey?   Dumbahoe?     Cant wait to see the finger pointing on Monday and Tuesday and then the idiot threads on Wednesday about how if you run the table you can get right back into this thing....

Good times.

I have to admit, I'm secretly looking forward to all that too. And before you all go and call me overconfident, just remember that you have to go back to 2003 to find a road game the Bills won, and you have to go back to 2002 to find a home game the Pats lost.

I hate to raise this specter, but the zebras are the key as they have been since this stadium opened.

The routine is cheap, situational changing, phantom calls against the opponent until NE gets ahead by at least 2 scores. Then in the second half a few meaningless calls for the opponent that come when the game is out of reach to even the penalties stats.

3 roughing the passer calls against Brady have all come on key incompletions and changed the momentum of the game and not one was legitimate.

Watch the officiating early. That's when it happens.

Maybe not Payton, but better than Henry. And that's from a Henry fan.

Who will you all blame for your misfortunes this week?    The refs?  Drew?  The O-Line?  Mularkey?  Dumbahoe?    Cant wait to see the finger pointing on Monday and Tuesday and then the idiot threads on Wednesday about how if you run the table you can get right back into this thing....

Good times.

Well the zebras will ALWAYS be a factor. I'll actually be amazed if I can come here after the game and say it was officiated fairly, win or lose, but the truth is the Pats are SB champs thanks to the refs, and still continue to get calls they shouldn't. You and your ilk are simply too weak of character to acknowledge that, because I guess this favoritism somehow corrects some screwing-over the Pats got against the Raiders back in the early 80's playoffs or because "it all evens out." I mean, how many MORE teams can get screwed-over by the zebras while playing the Pats?

I have to admit, I'm secretly looking forward to all that too.  And before you all go and call me overconfident, just remember that you have to go back to 2003 to find a road game the Bills won, and you have to go back to 2002 to find a home game the Pats lost.

111112[/snapback]

Streaks are made to be broken. This is about as meaningful as saying "The Pats are 1-1 in their last two games, but the Bills are 2-0."

Am I scared about going to the "Rusty Razor" at night? Sure. Do I think the teams are evenly matched? Yes. What will be the difference? Mistakes. Whoever makes the most mistakes loses. That historically gives the edge to New England, but I can't ignore the momentum the Bills have been building. I wouldn't say it's a slam-dunk either way.