I got wood reading this

I appreciate the sentiments.

I assume you mean JP = Jason Peters, not JP Losman...fair enough. I have defended him b/c I believe he's a significantly better player than anyone currently on the roster at OL. He had a down year in 2008, which was due (mostly) to a lengthy holdout IMO. His fault, yes, but that doesn't mean he's not a great player (again, IMO).

I do agree that Lynch needs to improve in terms of getting through the hole quicker, but my point is that the majority of the time you see him hit the pile is when he's running inside. And I do think that a lot of that has/had to do with the sub-par play of guys like Dockery, Preston, and Fowler. Assuming the interior blocking improves this season, I think you'll see much better results from Lynch in the interior running game (chalk that up to "captain obvious statement of the day"). It'll be interesting to see if he still has the same issue.

It's supposed to be nice this weekend, enjoy the weather.

:blink:

I do think that JP is very good. Not great but very good. I also think he could be great if he wanted to be. I think you know that as well as you admitted to talking about his hold out. That doesnt mean that I never thought he didnt deserve more money. I always have. I just wasnt prepared to pay him to be the best LT in the league after holding out like he did. And his performance showed how average or below average he can be when hes not focused or driven.

On the ML topic. I think Dockery, Preson, and Fowler were absolutely horrible. And even though we lost JP and we are moving the 2 starters we had a year ago to new possitions I feel our OL will be better this year because of our beef in the middle. I think the middle of the OL is where everything starts and spread out from there. And that means the entire offense not just the line play. I really hope ML shows this year that he can be a top back in this league. IMO he hasnt shown that at all. I think he plays well but just a tad bit above average. The problem is that hes got this suspension that hes got to deal with as well. His off the field problems have become a really big problem. Normally I would say that we shouldnt cut someone unless we have a replacement for them. Why get rid of someone and then have to spend draft picks to replace that player right? We have Jackson and Rhodes now and Im completely confident that both of them can produce just as much as ML and Jackson. Im not saying to cut him. But if he has another off the field issue I would think long and hard. Thats all Im saying.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic