Two-a-days are now over for the Bills?!

Biscuit

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh, again your lack of comprehension and phonic skills are piss-poor. Faulty premise?! You have shown a lack of basic comprehension skills to determine whether a premise is faulty. The Bills start an extra 8 days before a team like the Giants and still have fewer practices scheduled ... Did you miss Post #10 or can we add simple grade school mathematics as a problem area for you too. The Patriots have not released their entire training camp schedule so by you stating that the Bills "will have more total preparation time than the Patriots" is a lie, and leads me to conclude that you likely lie and give innuendo's to justify your piss-poor drive-by posts.

I'm not the one who created a thread bitching about how the Bills have a couple less practices than other teams. You clearly do not get the fact that with an extra preseason game we run the risk of more injuries, and tiring our players out. Also, it is beyond retarded to say that a few extra hours of practice are more valuable, for a team that hasn't played full-contact in half a year, than a preseason game.

You can go on bitching about nothing, but there are far more worthy things to harp on about.

I'm not the one who created a thread bitching about how the Bills have a couple less practices than other teams. You clearly do not get the fact that with an extra preseason game we run the risk of more injuries, and tiring our players out. Also, it is beyond retarded to say that a few extra hours of practice are more valuable, for a team that hasn't played full-contact in half a year, than a preseason game.

You can go on bitching about nothing, but there are far more worthy things to harp on about.

... And I was the one who forced you to reply with piss-poor drive by post too. Your post:

It's not like our training camp is a week longer or anything....

Which was shown to be irrelevant given the Giants training camp schedule in comparison to the Bills, which starts 8 days later yet has more practice time.

You can go on drive-by posting with nothing but your opinion which lacks fact, contains lies and is worthless.

I had assailed a similar post a week or so back, invoking the Club Marv days of our glory years, and mocking the airhorn wakeup calls of Greg(g) Williams. But Biscuit's documentation of recently excellent teams is very compelling.

Even more so, our lack of success going back for a decade does not allow me to give the current football department the benefit of the doubt. When you place this well-articulated post atop the issue of the Bills never practicing in inclement weather, I think the argument that the team does not do enough appropriate on field work is very strong.

Moreover, to defend the practices of a perennial loser (yes, that's what the Bills are) is a losing proposition. None of us really know the truth to this issue but the argument by the original poster grows stronger with every losing year.

Jauron's approach to practice makes me believe that Jauron does not seem to value the traditional definition of practice. His is like Allen Iverson's, only from another angle. The Bills draft and sign "intelligent" football players because this coaching staff puts the real work into film study and meetings. As a result intelligent players are needed to digest this and practice is used only to perform execution and not repetition (hence, training indoors during inclement weather although you're expected to play in the cold snow in the upcoming week). The by-product of this is the wear and tear on players is mitigated and players love him for it, he treats them as men, values their intelligence, and not their brawn like every other coach has likely done to them since high-school.

It's an Ivy league approach to football, and not the traditional, blue collar approach that fans in Buffalo want and what Football folklore is based upon. It's an approach that is more pompous then lunch pail. Unfortunately for Jauron, he has no track record to show that this approach works. He may receive accolades from former players for his approach, but the results do not show the success of it.

... And I was the one who forced you to reply with piss-poor drive by post too. Your post:

Which was shown to be irrelevant given the Giants training camp schedule in comparison to the Bills, which starts 8 days later yet has more practice time.

You can go on drive-by posting with nothing but your opinion which lacks fact, contains lies and is worthless.

Please, feel free to post the TC schedules of the 12 playoff teams. Until then, your cherry picking of teams is rather worthless.

If anything I would like to see the rookies and fringe players trying to make the squad be put through another practice even if it was a walk through or something. The more time on the field they get the better they will be when the season starts.

Please, feel free to post the TC schedules of the 12 playoff teams. Until then, your cherry picking of teams is rather worthless.

For you, no I won't. Again, you probably would not understand the post given it will contain a series of words and numbers, together.

I "cherry picked" teams that have won the last two Super Bowls and the team that dominates the division the Bills play in, but then again you probably didn't realize that (I know, I know, the comprehension thing is difficult for you).

For you, no I won't. Again, you probably would not understand the post given it will contain a series of words and numbers, together.

I "cherry picked" teams that have won the last two Super Bowls and the team that dominates the division the Bills play in, but then again you probably didn't realize that (I know, I know, the comprehension thing is difficult for you).

How many of those teams are playing in the Hall of Fame game? Right, none are. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Would you B word if the Bills were emulating the Colts? Because they did the same thing when they played in the HOF game.

The participation in the Hall of Fame Game gives the Colts five preseason games rather than the usual four.

That, along with the six possible PUP players and a new league rule restricting teams to 80 players in camp, prompted Dungy to alter the training camp schedule slightly.

Not only will the Colts open camp a few days earlier than normal, Dungy said the team will hold fewer two-a-day practices.

“We wanted to continue doing what we do, which is working hard and building on those fundamentals, building that chemistry,” Dungy said, “but we’re going to try to roll with the punches and deal with the hand we’ve been dealt in terms of a few less players and five games rather than four.

“There may be a few less two-a-days and a few more breaks in between for the players, but when we do work we want to have the same tempo and the same energy level with the players we have.”

On the field, the early part of the camp schedule will be different, too, Dungy said.

“We’ve normally opened up in pads,” Dungy said. “We’re going to open up without pads for the first time. We’re going to give them that break after two days. We didn’t want to be in (camp) a full two weeks before we played the first game.

“I think we can still get enough done to be ready for the Redskins. We’ll give them some breaks. We want to look at the whole five weeks (of camp) and not necessarily the first game.”

http://www.colts.com/modules/article7_prin...11-e47583e47f60

Man, Tony Dungy sounds like a real hard ass.

How many of those teams are playing in the Hall of Fame game? Right, none are. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Would you B word if the Bills were emulating the Colts? Because they did the same thing when they played in the HOF game.

You can't be this stupid.

It's standard procedure, when you play in the HOF game, to limit two-a-days and give your players breaks.

Can't you see the difference in the need for practice between an established perennial playoff team and the '09 Bills? I think that this news is disgraceful.

Can't you see the difference in the need for practice between an established perennial playoff team and the '09 Bills? I think that this news is disgraceful.

So we should ride our players into the ground? That makes perfect sense. Jeff Fisher is a real hard ass as well, with his very lax training camp schedule.

The HOF game will take a lot out of a team, and every coach recognizes that.

There are many things to criticize Jauron about (game day planning, clock management, etc..), but you guys are really reaching here.

I don't know the answer to this question, but it would be interesting to see the data concerning any correlation (or lack thereof) between "number of 2-a-days" in camp and subsequent playoff berths. Seriously. Posts bitching that the Bills under Jauron have it "too easy" are one thing -- let's see some facts.

I don't know the answer to this question, but it would be interesting to see the data concerning any correlation (or lack thereof) between "number of 2-a-days" in camp and subsequent playoff berths. Seriously. Posts bitching that the Bills under Jauron have it "too easy" are one thing -- let's see some facts.

That's easy. Does 7-9 mean anything to you?

Two-a-days are rapidly decreasing in the NFL. Team's used to do 20-30 of them in TC, but now the average is in single digits. Players simply don't need them anymore.

That's easy. Does 7-9 mean anything to you?

The number of two-a-days directly correlates to wins? Is that why the 2007 49ers did 13 of them (league leaders), yet ended up 5-11?

That's fine Fingon. I'm glad you backed up your contentions. But here's the Colts' Training Camp schedule for last year, which is the year in question (the Colts played in the Hall of Fame Game).

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7...e8-4082e7e028ae

According to the schedule posted on the Colts official website, they had 14 days where they had two-a-days.

I don't know if the Bills have finalized their practice schedule but so far they are committed to only 2 days of two-a-days before August 20th.