Photos - Camp Day Two

Went back this morning with a bit more horsepower, able to bring the action a little closer to me. Lots of photos below, enjoy. My cousin was with me and had an insane lens, can't wait to see his stuff.

Placed a copyright statement on today's images, after finding out my images have been posted elsewhere and even printed for autographs.

Andy

Thanks Andy!

Great timing on the Roscoe the (first) punt catcher pic! Anyone else notice how he fields a punt & is ready to make a cut/move upfield as he catches it? Look at the 3 or 4 pics and let me know if you see what I mean. Compare him to other pics where the punt catcher is flat footed.

This one is dying for a caption.

Great job. Funny thing according to another thread (Off the Wall) it is illegal to sell the pictures so according to some things I have read on copyright law if you do not "own" them you can not label them copyrighted.

I'd really like to know the answer to that... Public place, so should be free game. But maybe not?? Hmm. :rolleyes:

I'd really like to know the answer to that... Public place, so should be free game. But maybe not?? Hmm. :rolleyes:

Here's the thing as I see it. Andy owns the pictures, he took them, they are his. However, the Buffalo Bills image and the NFL image are owned by each respective entity and cannot be reproduced without express written consent and in most cases this will apply to the player's likeness and name as well. If Andy wanted to sell the pictures, he would have to have consent of the Bills and NFL to do so, or we could photoshop the pictures and remove the Bills and NFL logos from them and only need the player's consent through the NFLPA.

With that, he should be fine to copyright the pictures as they are technically his and no one else can claim his work, but he still cannot sell them until he is licensed by the NFL or other bodies involved.

Here's the thing as I see it. Andy owns the pictures, he took them, they are his. However, the Buffalo Bills image and the NFL image are owned by each respective entity and cannot be reproduced without express written consent and in most cases this will apply to the player's likeness and name as well. If Andy wanted to sell the pictures, he would have to have consent of the Bills and NFL to do so, or we could photoshop the pictures and remove the Bills and NFL logos from them and only need the player's consent through the NFLPA.

With that, he should be fine to copyright the pictures as they are technically his and no one else can claim his work, but he still cannot sell them until he is licensed by the NFL or other bodies involved.

Based on some research I posted in the copyright thread in the OT forum, it looks like you don't actually need the player's consent to sell the photos. The Bills and NFL logos may need to be removed, due to trademarks, but otherwise he's in the clear.

There's a good case from James Brown's estate vs a photographer, and selling the photographs of Brown was considered legal.

Based on some research I posted in the copyright thread in the OT forum, it looks like you don't actually need the player's consent to sell the photos. The Bills and NFL logos may need to be removed, due to trademarks, but otherwise he's in the clear.

There's a good case from James Brown's estate vs a photographer, and selling the photographs of Brown was considered legal.

I don't have any intention now of selling these photos. The copyright notice was more to keep others from misusing my images, for instance putting them on their own websites, etc. I'vew had many people in the past try to take credit for photos I took. The alternative is to not share my photos, but that's not what I want. Andy