New NFL TV Contract - Can change MNF games

CJPearl2

This would be an interesting channel to watch.

In addition to some interactive services, DirecTV will institute a separate “Red Zone” channel devoted to taking viewers from game to game when a team is inside an opponent’s 20-yard line and poised to score.

The NFL also can develop late-season prime-time satellite or cable packages of eight games, which would be televised on Thursdays and Saturdays. Or the league could take those eight games and show them regionally in prime-time telecasts on Sundays and Mondays.

I don't understand this part of the story :w00t:

Does that mean that the league could replay certain games on Thursdays or Saturdays, or does it mean they could move games to Thursdays and Saturdays? Maybe neither?

I'm confused :D

I don't understand this part of the story :w00t:

Does that mean that the league could replay certain games on Thursdays or Saturdays, or does it mean they could move games to Thursdays and Saturdays? Maybe neither?

I'm confused :D

108812[/snapback]

Sounds like replay games to me. But if they want to air live football on Thursday and Saturdays...all the better.

I heard that for the last seven weeks of the season Monday Night Football will be able to change the game if they want to get better matchups & more meaningful games. Also, the way I understand it, there will be a package of Thursday and Saturday Night Games somewhere on Cable TV after Thanksgiving, not replays of games. Primetime NFL Games on Sunday Night, Monday Night, Thursday Night & Saturday Night + a full day of games on Sunday? Bring it on.