Are we always this late signing our draft picks

Each draft pick gets a little less than the player picked before them -- so it goes to reason that until the guy in front of them signs, they will be reluctant to strike a deal over fear of getting screwed out of some money. Unless the Bills offer substantial money over the general range that a draft pick and his agent think they are worth -- there's not going to be any real urgency.

The other fact is this is the earliest the Bills have opened camp (while most other teams don't report for another week). Until other teams get serious about signing their picks (usually in the days right before they open camp) the Bills will probably not have any top picks signed.

We open camp early in a slow year. I'm not worried we're screwing it up, but it is frustrating. I don't like it, but it's just a bad position.

But hey, we'll get the guys into camp in time to have as much camp as the rest of the league not playing in the HOF game.

I'll say this - at least we're not sitting here like chumps waiting to see if Brett Favre will come start for us.

Speaking of, BREAKING NEWS ON ESPN: FAVRE IS TORN BETWEEN STAYING RETIRED AND PLAYING FOR THE VIKES! FILM AT 11! :lol:(fyi...actually ESPN bottom line headline from Thrusday evening.)

PTR