gel or jell

Does the Buffalo Bills offensive line need time to gel or jell?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Buffalo Bills offensive line need time to gel or jell?

• gel
    • jell

thanks for your support

Odd you should post that. Someone here used the word "jell" in that context a few days ago, and being naturally anal retentive/OCD, I looked it up.

Guess what? Both are acceptable.

Dictionary.com states "jell" was first noted 1820-1830. "Gel" later originated, 1895-1900.

The term "jelly", son of gelatin, came into usage for commerical purposes and spurned the verb, "Jell".

Later "Gel", coming back to it's "G" origins was added into the English language.

Now, how can we get people to stop saying, "I 'could' care less", ec-scape, and suppos-eb-ly"?

Your point is "mute"!

Odd you should post that. Someone here used the word "jell" in that context a few days ago, and being naturally anal retentive/OCD, I looked it up.

Guess what? Both are acceptable.

Dictionary.com states "jell" was first noted 1820-1830. "Gel" later originated, 1895-1900.

The term "jelly", son of gelatin, came into usage for commerical purposes and spurned the verb, "Jell".

Later "Gel", coming back to it's "G" origins was added into the English language.

Now, how can we get people to stop saying, "I 'could' care less", ec-scape, and suppos-eb-ly"?

Your point is "mute"!

thanks for your jiggle!

It's jell.

The reference is to making jelly. One would allow time to let it jell (a verb).

gel is a noun. gell is not a word.

I don't care what the dictionary says.

Making your own rules with disregard to accepted resources?

I'll be on the lookout for the first edition Unabbridged Astrobot Dictionary. Any chance I can get you or your programmer to sign it for me before Christmas?