John Holdren, anyone?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T-minus 24 hours before Holdren addresses the media to explain that his comments were simply "rhetorical flourish."

Sounds like they were speculative, and were comments on what could, and might, happen.

CHECK IT

Unrepentant Domestic Terrorist-check

Radical Anti-Semitic Black Preacher-check

Viciously Anti-American Wife-check

Ultra-Abortionist masquerading as a Scientist-check

“Tell me what company you keep and I'll tell you what you are.” - Miguel de Cervantes

"Ultra-abortionist"? What the !@#$ is that?

Ok, it sounds extreme. It also sounds like more of a thought experiment than anything else. The obvious reaction is to cast stones. The more interesting discussion involves performing the thought experiment yourself. What methods do you think would be necessary to control a runaway population count? Is it somehow more ethical to let some of the population starve to death for lack of food? Seriously, if you had to find a solution to the problem, what methods would you employ? Or don't - it's far easier to spin something like this for the sake of partisan rhetoric.

I'd love to see where this ends up. I'd imagine that in the extreme case, you'd end up with something similar - something forced.

Ok, it sounds extreme. It also sounds like more of a thought experiment than anything else. The obvious reaction is to cast stones. The more interesting discussion involves performing the thought experiment yourself. What methods do you think would be necessary to control a runaway population count? Is it somehow more ethical to let some of the population starve to death for lack of food? Seriously, if you had to find a solution to the problem, what methods would you employ? Or don't - it's far easier to spin something like this for the sake of partisan rhetoric.

CHECK IT

John Malthus

CHECK IT

John Holdren

Ah. Because he made a hypothetical suggestion of forced abortions in response to a hypothetical problem of runaway over-population thirty years ago. Thus, he's an "ultra-abortionist", as labelled by a board member who is the friggin' poster child for forced abortion. Gotcha.

Ah. Because he made a hypothetical suggestion of forced abortions in response to a hypothetical problem of runaway over-population thirty years ago. Thus, he's an "ultra-abortionist", as labelled by a board member who is the friggin' poster child for forced abortion. Gotcha.

CHECK IT

Hypothetical, yeah, okay. Whatever you say Double Chins Tom.

Sooo...Glorious Leader isn't a radical? Just look at the company he keeps... and, more importantly, who he gives unaccountable government jobs to.

Nice news source, btw, you lemming! Way to avoid partisan publications and keep an open mind...

Some other selected headlines from WorldNetDaily (http://www.wnd.com):

OBAMA WATCH CENTRAL

WorldNetDaily Exclusive

Did radical Muslims help send Obama to Harvard?

White House refuses to release president's law school records

--WND

AP poll: Country now on wrong track

Doubts grow about whether Obama can succeed at biggest items on to-do list

--Associated Press

Obama less popular than Carter after 6 months

President's disapproval rate has jumped 16 points to 41%

--USA Today

WHISTLEBLOWER MAGAZINE

WorldNetDaily Exclusive

Where's Obama leading? Mark Levin knows

Behind the captivating rhetoric, a revolutionary agenda unfolds

--WND

BORN IN THE USA?

WorldNetDaily Exclusive

Obama's online 'birth cert' misses 'proving' eligibility

'There are some documents that say things that aren't true'

--WND

WorldNetDaily Exclusive

Limbaugh: 'Obama has yet to prove he's a citizen'

Radio giant blasts president's refusal to show long-form birth certificate

--WND

Nice news source, btw, you lemming! Way to avoid partisan publications and keep an open mind...

Some other selected headlines from WorldNetDaily (http://www.wnd.com):

OBAMA WATCH CENTRAL

WorldNetDaily Exclusive

Did radical Muslims help send Obama to Harvard?

White House refuses to release president's law school records

--WND

AP poll: Country now on wrong track

Doubts grow about whether Obama can succeed at biggest items on to-do list

--Associated Press

Obama less popular than Carter after 6 months

President's disapproval rate has jumped 16 points to 41%

--USA Today

WHISTLEBLOWER MAGAZINE

WorldNetDaily Exclusive

Where's Obama leading? Mark Levin knows

Behind the captivating rhetoric, a revolutionary agenda unfolds

--WND

BORN IN THE USA?

WorldNetDaily Exclusive

Obama's online 'birth cert' misses 'proving' eligibility

'There are some documents that say things that aren't true'

--WND

WorldNetDaily Exclusive

Limbaugh: 'Obama has yet to prove he's a citizen'

Radio giant blasts president's refusal to show long-form birth certificate

--WND

CHECK IT

When all else fails blame the messenger, right?

Obviously just about any jackass can build a web page or post some nonsense on a message board. If it's on the internet it must be true, right?

Yeah, except this guy PUBLISHED A BOOK on the topic, so it's kind of hard to put this one on wnd dot com, yes?

Obviously just about any jackass can build a web page or post some nonsense on a message board. If it's on the internet it must be true, right?

It may not be true, but the very "jackasses" who build a web page and "post some nonsense" are obviously not taken lightly by the president, as evident by his recent conference call to liberal bloggers, including "jackasses" like DailyKos, which is clearly the liberal alternative to something like WND, which includes such riveting stories as:

- When teen pregnancy collides with wingnut ideology

- Mark Sanford's back, and he's as awkward as ever

- Jindal doles out stimulus dollars, claims credit

- GOP congressman has birther meltdown on Hardball

- William Kristol Is An Idiot And Other Things You Already Knew

The president apparently believes these "jackasses" are credible sources. So I suspect you may need to start changing your mind in terms of what passes for credible any more. As you have repeatedly proven, what's good for the president is good for Gene Frenkle.

It may not be true, but the very "jackasses" who build a web page and "post some nonsense" are obviously not taken lightly by the president, as evident by his recent conference call to liberal bloggers, including "jackasses" like DailyKos, which is clearly the liberal alternative to something like WND, which includes such riveting stories as:

- When teen pregnancy collides with wingnut ideology

- Mark Sanford's back, and he's as awkward as ever

- Jindal doles out stimulus dollars, claims credit

- GOP congressman has birther meltdown on Hardball

The president apparently believes these "jackasses" are credible sources. So I suspect you may need to start changing your mind in terms of what passes for credible any more. As you have repeatedly proven, what's good for the president is good for Gene Frenkle.

BFD, the DailyKos is just as bad, but you don't see me citing articles from that hack of a site. If you ever do, please feel free to call me a lemming and assume that I have lost all objectivity. I'm sure you would have to stand in line to do so around here.

Yeah, except this guy PUBLISHED A BOOK on the topic, so it's kind of hard to put this one on wnd dot com, yes?

Actually, it's wnd.com running a story first reported on zombietimes.com.

Because I know I like to get all my news from zombie web sites. :rolleyes: