ESPN's Len Pasquarelli

/dev/null

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...=/morning/week9

I know [buffalo general manager] Tom Donahoe has taken [a lot] of heat over choosing [tailback Willis] McGahee in the first round last year. Well, he looks like a genius now. If people didn't think McGahee was the real deal, they need to put on the tape from Sunday's game. Size, speed, you name it. It's all there. If he keeps this up, Donahoe will be able to trade Travis Henry in the offseason, and maybe get, like, a second-rounder for him."

The slightly improved play of Buffalo quarterback Drew Bledsoe over the past three weeks is in part attributable to his footwork. The coaches have worked, sometimes tediously, on Bledsoe's "slide step," in an effort to help him buy time in the pocket. The results have been at least modestly encouraging

Bills tailback Willis McGahee now has three 100-yard performances in the past four weeks. Since replacing Travis Henry as the top option in the Buffalo running game, he has carried 109 times for 403 yards. His 37 carries on Sunday tied for the second most in franchise history.

The slightly improved play of Buffalo quarterback Drew Bledsoe over the past three weeks is in part attributable to his footwork. The coaches have worked, sometimes tediously, on Bledsoe's "slide step," in an effort to help him buy time in the pocket. The results have been at least modestly encouraging

"Slightly improved" and "modestly encouraging?" Come on now! Even the most staunch Bledsoe basher can't say that just 1 sack in 3 games, with 2 of them being against sack-happy defenses like the Dolphins and Jets, is "modestly encouraging." Sheesh!

"Slightly improved" and "modestly encouraging?"  Come on now!  Even the most staunch Bledsoe basher can't say that just 1 sack in 3 games, with 2 of them being against sack-happy defenses like the Dolphins and Jets, is "modestly encouraging."  Sheesh!

108129[/snapback]

Also, all the people who were ripping TD for not hiring John Fox the genius should see that the panthers score is 1-7.....It just goes to show how fickle the NFL is.

One day you go to the super bowl and the other day you remain in the

dog house....

Fox, Williams, Mularkey all were good coordinators who excelled in

gameplanning for the offense or defense. Their HC ability shows their lack of

experience in the job. Given the correct roster and the right breaks all of

them should be equally be able to win....

The same goes with the Jax coach too...He is winning this year, but there is

no guarantee that he is going to be winning next year...

Also, all the people who were ripping TD for not hiring John Fox the genius should see that the panthers score is 1-7.....It just goes to show how fickle the NFL is.

dog house....

Fox, Williams, Mularkey all were good  coordinators who excelled in

108256[/snapback]

What about Marvin Lewis?

dog house....

108256[/snapback]

In defense of Fox, if we lost Moulds, Henry and McGahee, (In place of Smith, Davis and Foster) we would be 0-8.

dog house....

108256[/snapback]

Well...I'm no Panthers Fan, but I'm a big John Fox Fan...The Panthers have been crushed by injuries this year, simply devastated...Injuries are a part of the NFL, but what has happened to the Panthers this year is almost inconcievable...

Mark my words Fox is one of the Top 5 Coaches in the NFL...And if they get Smith, Davis and Foster back, they'll start winning again before the Season is done... B)

Agreed. GW is clearly nowhere near the head coach or coordinator Fox was and is

In defense of Fox, if we lost Moulds, Henry and McGahee, (In place of Smith, Davis and Foster) we would be 0-8.

108305[/snapback]

It was a 2nd rounder.  And Dillon has a LOT more wear and tear on his body, and mind.

108391[/snapback]

OK a second rounder. Not sure I agree about the wear and tear part - I always compare Travis to Earl Campbell. His running style is gonna get him torn up in short order.

Well...I'm no Panthers Fan, but I'm a big John Fox Fan...The Panthers have been crushed by injuries this year, simply devastated...Injuries are a part of the NFL, but what has happened to the Panthers this year is almost inconcievable...

Mark my words Fox is one of the Top 5 Coaches in the NFL...And if they get Smith, Davis and Foster back, they'll start winning again before the Season is done... B)

108449[/snapback]

THey're gonna have to wait until next year on 2 of those 3, smith and foster are both on IR

It's hard to guess what Travis would fetch in a trade. Bear in mind that it was a foregone conclusion that the Bengals HAD to trade Dillon. That may not be the case with Travis. In fact, if TD doesn't at least get a Day 1 draft pick for him, my guess is that he will still be here next year.

With that said, there is still plenty of this season to be played -- and Travis could do something between now and then to appreciably hurt -- or help -- his cause.

I say that, if someone calls TD and offers us something like a 2nd and a 6th, Henry is good as gone. Hey, even a high to mid 2nd rounder alone might do the trick. Anything lower than that is not worth it - remember Henry had some very good seasons in the past, and his contract is very manageable.

108449[/snapback]

MY point was not to put down Fox, but to show how balanced the NFL is...

The Patriots had something like 20+ players dinged up last year including

their OL and DL guys...It did not stop them from winning the super-bowl.