Do football Stadiums really need to be State of the Art?

no they dont need to be state of the art however they do need to be able to accomodate all the fans so grown men dont have to piss in the sink... you guys are messed up for that

Or the trash can. I've seen that too. PIG. Of course drinking less beer could solve all of these problems too!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its still a lot of money on a stadium that is only guaranteed to house 18 sell outs a year (I am going to assume the 10 college games are sell outs or near sell outs). I don't doubt that they are trying to fill as many dates as possible due to the cost. But you can only book so many concerts (very few acts can sell out 80,000 or near 80,000 to justify a stadium concert) and soccer matches aren't going to come close to filling that stadium.

My point is on the actual stadium did you really need a 1.2 Billion dollar price tag? you could have spent 500-700 million on that and still have gotten a really nice stadium (Ford Field in Detroit cost 400 million to make) that could have housed the Cowboys, College football, concerts, and the Super Bowl. To me Jerry Jones wanted to build a 1.2 Billion dollar !@#$ you to the Giants and the Redskins. It wasn't just about luxury boxes or non-shared revenue.

The Cowboys on top of selling PSLs (At really outrageous prices), getting 150 million from the NFL, had to get 325 million from tax payers just to fund that monstrosity. Also they are going to charge 40-75 dollars for parking. And I thought parking at Giants stadium which was about 15 dollars was ridiculous.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...er.42bb649.html

I bet they will probaly have more total attendance for soccer than cowboy games...i think if you can get 40-50 events per year it justifys the price tag

no they dont need to be state of the art however they do need to be able to accomodate all the fans so grown men drunken slobs with weak bladders dont have to piss in the sink... you guys are messed up for that

fixed

That is the worst part about The Ralph - plus the corridors are too narrow, once they started allowing the push-cart vendors inside. The game atmosphere, sight-lines, etc. are all great, IMO better than Gillette or other so-called state-of-the-art stadia, but the place could definitely use more porcelain.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...er.42bb649.html

I bet they will probaly have more total attendance for soccer than cowboy games...i think if you can get 40-50 events per year it justifys the price tag

First off how many soccer games are played each year because I doubt they are going to draw more than 20.000 a game? How many of those people paid more than 5 bucks a ticket to see the game? Saying soccer games and other C list events will fill up dates justifies out spending your competition by ridiculous amounts just isn't true.

I mean Jerry Jones you could have spent 800-900 million dollars and have gotten the best stadium in the NFL and in the world. If you got 40-50 dates how many of them are going to be near sell outs 18 (8 Cowboys games and 10 college games) the rest are simply filler just to say hey we have a ton of dates.

Soccer and high school football won't draw a whole lot of revenue to the stadium.

First off how many soccer games are played each year because I doubt they are going to draw more than 20.000 a game? How many of those people paid more than 5 bucks a ticket to see the game? Saying soccer games and other C list events will fill up dates justifies out spending your competition by ridiculous amounts just isn't true.

I mean Jerry Jones you could have spent 800-900 million dollars and have gotten the best stadium in the NFL and in the world. If you got 40-50 dates how many of them are going to be near sell outs 18 (8 Cowboys games and 10 college games) the rest are simply filler just to say hey we have a ton of dates.

Soccer and high school football won't draw a whole lot of revenue to the stadium.

well that one got 82000 and the next one is expected to get the same crowd... i think they could host about 20 games a year with half of them selling out...im just saying when you live in a metroplitan area such as Dallas/ Fort Worth its not hard to draw big crowds to "C" list events..but your probably right he could have gotten the same and saved a few hundred million...

this is the article i meant to post

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...cer.92f07f.html