If your thinking of ordering Sunday Ticket or DirecTV

Have had the Sunday Ticket since '98. The NFL (not Directv) keeps jacking the prices up more and more.

I can almost tolerate the raised Sunday ticket price, but the one that really gets me worked up is that they(the NFL again) want to charge an additiona $100 (superfan) just so I can watch it in high def. What a crock. I'm altready paying DTV added $$ for the high def package and a high def DVR. Now, after ponying up $279 for the Sunday ticket, they want another $100!!?!

I don't blame the NFL - it's just being capitalistic. But they need to know that fans are at their breaking point.

I called DTV yesterday and told them to cancel the whole NFL thing, and as soon as my obligation to Directv is up, I'll cancel their service too, since the Sunday ticket was the only reason I got DTV in the first place.

Truth be told, I like the Directv service and quality, but our voices need to be heard.

Happily, a service rep with the authority to do so, offered my a $20 per month credit for 6 months if I'd keep the Sunday ticket & superfan package. OK - that takes my football deal to $259 for the year. I can live with that. Too bad for Directv...the NFL is still getting their full fee, and Directv is the one giving up $120 to keep me as a customer. Not like it's really any skin off their back, mind you.

If you have a team that's in the national spotlight and often on locally, it's hardly worth it to have the Sunday ticket. Suppose the Stillers were my team. They'll probably be on local channels 10 times this season, including all the primetime games. Why would I put out $379 for the 6 games not shown? $63 per game? I'd be better off buying the games a la carte for the day at $44 per Sunday (yes, you can do that), or just heading to the local watering hole.

Question for some of you more in the know about the technical stuff:

Is it possible to split the Sunday ticket cost with a friend by giving them on-line access to the games? Isn't that a feature of the Superfan package? And then, couldn't they just hook up their video cable from the laptop to their plasma TV and pretty much get the same thing? Anyone done that? If so, how's the picture quality? Is it compromised by streaming?

No- the laptop thing is ok- but certainly not something you can "game plan " around. It is good for a novelty but it's like any other streaming audio- a crap shoot. They got us by the nuts. :thumbsup:

$100 PER WEEK at a bar? Dude, you have issues.

If he has a family of 3 that goes to watch the game, it's not unreasonable to spend $33/person to watch the game.

If that's just for him though....

since when is it weird to spend $100 at a bar, the same amount of food u eat & the same amount of booze u drink tailgating, easily equals $100 at a bar. plus its fun to show that bills fans can drink more then anyone else.

since when is it weird to spend $100 at a bar, the same amount of food u eat & the same amount of booze u drink tailgating, easily equals $100 at a bar. plus its fun to show that bills fans can drink more then anyone else.

I guess it depends on where you live. I can go to a Bills Bar here on the Left Coast of Fla & get my fill of Beer & Food plus buy a drink or two for others for under $50 usually closer to $25. We usually go to a game or two at a Bills Bar just for a Good time or when no one feels like cooking. :thumbsup:

If you are drinking a half case or more every time you watch a game, you have issues.

Does anyone else think that is ridiculously expensive? I could care less about watching more obscure games around the league when they've already got double headers on the regular stations every weekend. All I need to see is the Bills, and whatever game is on the other channel. If you aren't in the area to get Bills games, you can easily watch them online or find a bar/restaurant to go to. I did it for 4 years in college. I don't think I'd ever pay that much for Sunday Ticket when all of the important games are free.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the special he's referring to (for new customers only) is 59$ a month for full service including all premium channels and Sunday Ticket. That's how they used to do it when I had DirecTV.

That is not ridiculously expensive.