Training camp: Brand new O-line v. Bills soft 4-3

Maybe the new O-line could work out, but during training camp they'll be practicing against the the Bills soft 4-3. The Bills don't even have a NT or any tough DEs. How does the new O-line prepare?

Not only that, But Dick is far from intense during training camp and practices.

Watching film is about 10% of the battle...

Maybe the new O-line could work out, but during training camp they'll be practicing against the the Bills soft 4-3. The Bills don't even have a NT or any tough DEs. How does the new O-line prepare?

Brad Butler said Chris Kelsay is so good it's going to get him ready for anything he's gonna face- if only the Bills offense could go against the Bills defense every game we'd make the playoffs for sure,

Brad Butler said Chris Kelsay is so good it's going to get him ready for anything he's gonna face- if only the Bills offense could go against the Bills defense every game we'd make the playoffs for sure,

Lovely...so reassuring :lol:

The frustrating thing is the Bills are not that far away from being a legit playoff contender- a LT and a DT- before they traded Peters all I heard about is D Bell - D Bell has great athletic qualities for LT, D Bell has really improved his strength, D Bell is working really hard- after Peters is traded it's like who is this D Bell you speak of- I have to assume the whole thing was blowing smoke- as for DT the Henderson tease was really a kick in the nuts, a rotation of Stroud, Henderson, Williams, McCargo would be our best since the Sam Adams Pat Williams days.

The frustrating thing is the Bills are not that far away from being a legit playoff contender- a LT and a DT- before they traded Peters all I heard about is D Bell - D Bell has great athletic qualities for LT, D Bell has really improved his strength, D Bell is working really hard- after Peters is traded it's like who is this D Bell you speak of- I have to assume the whole thing was blowing smoke- as for DT the Henderson tease was really a kick in the nuts, a rotation of Stroud, Henderson, Williams, McCargo would be our best since the Sam Adams Pat Williams days.

Pat was/IS one of my all time favorites. Too bad they low-balled him out of town.

The Vikes are effed if both Williamses sit the 1st 4 games. sounds like antoine is unhappy, too...

One matchup that will actually be very helpful is Maybin vs. Walker. Maybin needs the beat down of a large tackle when defending the run. Won't help Walker, will help Maybin. Walker needs a true speed rush end to practice again, won't really help Maybin, but will help Walker. Overall, I think the positives outweigh the negatives, but both are key.

They will be probably be as good as the CIN OL, which also lost 3 vets.

:lol:

The way any team does--by playing preseason games. No team fires actual bullets in practice...

Titans play a 4-3

Bears play a 4-3

Packers and Steelers play a 3-4...hooray for you

Lions play a 4-3

OK, so two preseason game against a 3-4 should do it, right?

Our "soft" defense was ranked 14th overall, and was top 10 in 3rd down percentage.

Maybe the point was preparing to play against a 3-4 front seven.

Did the Bills beat any 3-4 teams in 2008?

doesn't the practice squad lineup as different teams opposing defense? I know that when they practice, that it's not merely against the 4-3 defense

look at some of the rest of them, youll see what i mean.

I have. What's the problem? I don't see any issues - we all blather on here - that's what we like about this site.

The fellow hasn't gone out of his way to attack anybody, anyone's beliefs, that I've noticed.

Seems an OK poster to me so far... :lol:

doesn't the practice squad lineup as different teams opposing defense? I know that when they practice, that it's not merely against the 4-3 defense

Maybe, but the Bills don't even have a 0-1 technique, (or a two gap) NT. Stroud's as close as it gets, but he's never played NT, as far as I know. He's always played the 3 technique, DT in the 4-3. Lining up like it isn't the same as "playing it".