Do We Have a Better Team Now than at the End of 2008 ?

Kenwick

Dude, you seem to have some knowledge of football, but your bitterness towards the coaching staff is way over the top. We drafted the TOP TWO guards in this years draft. We let go of one of the most overrated players in football, who did not want to play for us. Good O lines are not solely based on pure talent. The best O lines are a bunch of grinders who wear you down, and play physical, tough and hard on every down. (2007 Giants) Peters at his best did not do this on every play, and Dockery NEVER played hard. Preston and Fowler played soft AND had no talent. I think you will see a whole different attitude with our O line from day one of preseason. An attitude of toughness set by the O line can do wonders for a teams psyche. Just watch and wait. Maybe you will even smile at the new attitude that we will see this year. GO BILLS!!

Are they the top two guards simply because the Bills drafted them? Not sure how else you're ranking them that since one was a center and the other a tackle so how they rank out as the top two gaurds in the draft, I'm not quite sure...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they the top two guards simply because the Bills drafted them? Not sure how else you're ranking them that since one was a center and the other a tackle so how they rank out as the top two gaurds in the draft, I'm not quite sure...

Another example of excellent thinking being absolutely ruined by poor spellink.

It's not your job to be sure. However it IS this guy's job. He's a very trusted name, and according to him, Wood was the second best center behind Mack, and Levitre was the best guard. Both players ranked in the top 50.

FWIW, I followed this guy's rankings as we picked this year, and each time we picked we picked his highest rated player at a "need" position (Byrd excluded).

Link

There weren't that many guard prospects in the draft. Levitre was a tackle but going into the draft he was viewed as a guard so Levitre was the best guy being drafted as a guard. As far as Wood he was the second best center in the draft. And a lot of scouts said he can convert to guard. So out of the top lineman in the draft the Bills have the best two at guard (Even if you rate a guy like Max Unger better they still nabbed 2 out of 3 of the top guards in the draft.)

It's not your job to be sure. However it IS this guy's job. He's a very trusted name, and according to him, Wood was the second best center behind Mack, and Levitre was the best guard. Both players ranked in the top 50.

FWIW, I followed this guy's rankings as we picked this year, and each time we picked we picked his highest rated player at a "need" position (Byrd excluded).

Link

...except for the simple fact that Andy played ZERO games at guard during his 39 game career at Oregon State (just like Joma said).

Levitre's college days

Would you mind terribly if people read my actual words instead of you fabricating some lame summary of what I actually said?

Thanks

I have never heard a positive remark from you about the Bills. And you did make the Bills drafting of Wood and Levitre more about dumb luck rather than having a philosophy about the offensive line.

There weren't that many guard prospects in the draft. Levitre was a tackle but going into the draft he was viewed as a guard so Levitre was the best guy being drafted as a guard. As far as Wood he was the second best center in the draft. And a lot of scouts said he can convert to guard. So out of the top lineman in the draft the Bills have the best two at guard (Even if you rate a guy like Max Unger better they still nabbed 2 out of 3 of the top guards in the draft.)

A lot of scouts say all kinds of nonsense...

The pundits pegged Levitre as a guard in the NFL because of his extremely short arms. He has to get his short sleeve shirts hemmed.

...except for the simple fact that Andy played ZERO games at guard during his 39 game career at Oregon State (just like Joma said).

Levitre's college days

Yeah because guys never change positions once they reach the NFL. Levitre was looked at as a guard he had the skill to convert according to most scouts. In fact going into the draft he was listed as a guard not as a tackle. Once again you are going out of your way to sh-- on the Bills.

So yeah what do the scouts know? Its not like they get paid to scout players or something.

I have never heard a positive remark from you about the Bills. And you did make the Bills drafting of Wood and Levitre more about dumb luck rather than having a philosophy about the offensive line.

Try finding actual quotes instead of using your imagination.

FIND THE EFFING QUOTES, get it?

BF89 and everyone else on this topic. Its pretty obvious that this "Billistic" poster will never be optimistic about anything the team does. We can stop arguing with him now. Hes prolly just a troll, or maybe even a previously cut player who has nothing to do in life but be miserable. Let him run his way off the boards on his own. Why hes even here is beyond me. The guy started on this board less than a week ago and already has 150 posts? He could be some kid who just got out of school for the summer. Just wait until school starts back up and his parents ground him because he hasnt finished his homework............No more internet for you mister!!! now get to bed!!!

We have a slug at left tackle and we don't know what we have at right tackle- fact is that both guys were on the team last year and didn't earn the starting spot at the position they are playing this year. Center should be better, but that is yet to be seen. We have at least one rookie at guard. If the line overachieves, we have a shot on offense, although I am not sold on Edwards yet. At WR, we are clearly better- the presence of Owens may clear things in the middle more, so Evans can be a more complete WR and run slants and crossing routes more. Lynch is ok so far, but needs to improve.

I think very little of our front seven on defense.

I see 2-5 wins this year

BF89 and everyone else on this topic. Its pretty obvious that this "Billistic" poster will never be optimistic about anything the team does. We can stop arguing with him now. Hes prolly just a troll, or maybe even a previously cut player who has nothing to do in life but be miserable. Let him run his way off the boards on his own. Why hes even here is beyond me. The guy started on this board less than a week ago and already has 150 posts? He could be some kid who just got out of school for the summer. Just wait until school starts back up and his parents ground him because he hasnt finished his homework............No more internet for you mister!!! now get to bed!!!

Next you'll be passing out torches and pitchforks...

You're not Romanian by any chance, are you?

Next you'll be passing out torches and pitchforks...

You're not Romanian by any chance, are you?

Im Hungarian. We use the poles of our fences to impale the heads of our enemies to freighten others away. This may not work with you because you seem too dumb to know when your not wanted.

On paper you can say the Bills look better then last season simply because they acquired TO, and his presence should open up the passing game.

I'm not sold on the rebuilding of the offensive line at all, that is a move you make when you start the rebuilding process and not 3 years into it. Nobody really knows at this point if the O line will perform well enough to give Edwards time,or give Lynch a lane.

Lastly, Jauron is still having nightmares from 2 seasons ago when the Bills were pounded by Brady to Moss / Welker over and over... 56-10 or 38-7 ring any bells? If I were him I'd also try and acquire as many good DB's as I can.

We Bills fans will know exactly what we can expect from this season after that first Patriot game, If Buffalo can win that one game on MNF,or even have a good showing and not get pounded by Brady, it just might give us all hope that the playoff drought might be over.

Im Hungarian. We use the poles of our fences to impale the heads of our enemies to freighten others away. This may not work with you because you seem too dumb to know when your not wanted.

I'm pretty sure that one violates the terms of service. You might want to be a little more careful. We'd sure hate to lose your insights...

On paper you can say the Bills look better then last season simply because they acquired TO, and his presence should open up the passing game.

The Bills will be improved, and it won't be just on paper. Add a short-yardage back and 3rd down receiver/blocker like Rhodes, and the Bills improved their offense immensely.

I'm not sold on the rebuilding of the offensive line at all, that is a move you make when you start the rebuilding process and not 3 years into it. Nobody really knows at this point if the O line will perform well enough to give Edwards time,or give Lynch a lane.

Actually this is what you do this early in the season to the O-line. The fallback being Walker and Butler back at RT and RG respectively, Wood or Levitre starting at LG, and Chambers or Bell at LT (Hangartner stays at center regardless).

The Bills will be improved, and it won't be just on paper. Add a short-yardage back and 3rd down receiver/blocker like Rhodes, and the Bills improved their offense immensely.

Actually this is what you do this early in the season to the O-line. The fallback being Walker and Butler back at RT and RG respectively, Wood or Levitre starting at LG, and Chambers or Bell at LT (Hangartner stays at center regardless).

Hangartner hasn't proved anything yet. We already know we are weak at tackle. If Hangartner plays well, we will be better than last year, but we need a lot more help.

I'm pretty sure that one violates the terms of service. You might want to be a little more careful. We'd sure hate to lose your insights...

Youve been on here a week and your threatening to get people booted? your debut is going over well. Let me guess, you play Everquest and World or Warcraft and have people banned for not inviting you into their groups too.