What do you miss about Buffalo?

Agreed! And don’t you stop posting your spellchecked "dumb sheeeit" as you so accurately professed earlier in this thread….. HA

As a heads up, I will replace my avatar with the sports illustrated cover capturing a Bills Super Bowl win.

As always, Go Bills!

Haha, you're trying to call me out on that. Lord. It's OK, guy. Really, it's OK.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miss:

Polish Living Rooms (aka screened in garages)

Front Porches

Sweatshirt Weather

Fireplace going while it snows outside

Friends/Neighbors "Dropping By" for the hell of it.

Driving out 20A to Letchworth with the sunroof open.

Don't Miss:

Slush

Multiple Days of Grey Skies

Seeing my old neigborhoods turn to crap. Seems like the east side just continues to expand.

I also find that many of my family/friends that are left in Buffalo seem to be ignorant of the larger world in general. Maybe it's just my circle?

Why did Buffalo never get any good Chinese food?

Also, granted that the locally owned-operated sub shops, pizza, wings, and other "fast food"-type places are outstanding, to me, the so-called "upscale" restaurants were really pretty bad.

Why did Buffalo never get any good Chinese food?

Also, granted that the locally owned-operated sub shops, pizza, wings, and other "fast food"-type places are outstanding, to me, the so-called "upscale" restaurants were really pretty bad.

Because anyone that wants good Chinese food goes to Ft Erie. A short drive, well worth it if you are in the mood for Chinese.

Because anyone that wants good Chinese food goes to Ft Erie. A short drive, well worth it if you are in the mood for Chinese.

Yeah, but I said GOOD Chinese food...Ft. Erie Chinese is a small notch above Chung King crap in a can...trust me.

Whenever I wanted good steak and kidney pie, I drove over to the Oban Inn in Ontario of the Lake.

Yeah, but I said GOOD Chinese food...Ft. Erie Chinese is a small notch above Chung King crap in a can...trust me.

Whenever I wanted good steak and kidney pie, I drove over to the Oban Inn in Ontario of the Lake.

Steak & kidney pie? Thats English isn't it? Trust me I have eaten Chinese in Chinatown in N.Y. in S.F. & Toronto. Ft. Erie is as good as any of those Cities.

Steak & kidney pie? Thats English isn't it? Trust me I have eaten Chinese in Chinatown in N.Y. in S.F. & Toronto. Ft. Erie is as good as any of those Cities.

Trust me I've lived in The City for many years, know the GOOD Chinese restaurants in NYC, San Fran, Monterrey Park in LA, etc.

I'm glad you like Ft. Erie. Maybe try Barry, Ontario for something even better.

Trust me I've lived in The City for many years, know the GOOD Chinese restaurants in NYC, San Fran, Monterrey Park in LA, etc.

I'm glad you like Ft. Erie. Maybe try Barry, Ontario for something even better.

My point is I have eaten in MANY Cities have you eaten in Ft. Erie & if so how old were you? To say their food is Crap is just not true.

I am not sure what county you are in. I am in Sarasota County, & yes you are the only person that can't appreciate a great beer when you taste it.

I live in Manatee County and I was not a great fan of either. My husband drank Labatts and I admit I have had a Brador or two when in Canada.

I miss being able to go to Schwabel's any time you wanted and getting a real beef on weck and knowing that - for what you were eating - that was the center of the universe.

-

I miss the family home back in Snyder, not to mention Snyder itself. It ruined me for life in that a "yard" isn't really a yard unless you have at least four trees 150 years old or older. If you look up, all you should see is a green canopy ...

-

Everyone knew how to make wings. In Western New York, it wasn't hit-and-miss trying to find good wings. Plus back home they didn't get all creative and try to serve you double-sesame-Southwestern-chipotle-raspberry wings cuz if they did we'd have stormed the kitchen and cooked our own.

-

Eddie at the City Bar (but we remember it as Bill's Grill) on Kensington yelling "Foooouurrrr THIIRRRRT-TEE!!!" at precisely 4:30:00 AM ... Often, if the Bills were home the next day, you'd be back in four hours for the game day "breakfast".

-

Waking up on game days. (*sigh*) In those days, you woke up thinking about partying, not traveling. I miss that!

Well Flbillsfan#1, you can be the one to hold up that sign in public:

Trust me I have eaten Chinese in Chinatown in N.Y. in S.F. & Toronto. Ft. Erie is as good as any of those Cities.

...Last time I did that I got a crick in my neck

I would be happy to. What is your point? You probably have never been to Ft. Erie, why do you put it down, because it is small?

Knowing first hand that the Chinese restaurants in The City have "chef wars" comparable to bidding for free agents in the NFL, I personally just can't see Ft. Erie measuring up to NYC/San Fran as a magnet for great chefs. Certainly, tastes in food/eating differ tremendously between individuals, so it's not a matter of right /wrong.

You know, I was very young, like 8, when we left, so the things that I miss are

kid things, like snow, building ice forts, slipping down to the lake, (we lived in Lakeview),

we had an etremely large family, so my parents would kick the older ones out of the house

early, and we would just tag along all day with them, and many times in to the night. They really

didn't miss us, we didn't really stay out all that late, but belive me, my parents never went

looking for us, I think that they were hoping that a few of us wouldn't find our way back home.

Of course parents didn't have to worry about as much back then either, especially in a place

like Buffalo.

I miss having access to MY TEAMS, Crystal Beach, Botanical Gardens, there was a great Ice Cream

spot out along Rt. 5, on the right hand side if you were heading toward Lakeview, that was great.

When our driveway was plowed, we could jump off the second story balcony in to the piles.

We use to bowl, ice skate, and ride rides at I think Blasedell, the name escapes me right now.

The Erie County Fair was fantastic, I got lost there one time when I was 6 or 7, wandered around balling

for about two hours, that wasn't exactly memorable.

My nieghbor took us to some swimming hole, I think on the way to the falls or something, possibly

off of the Niagara River, an inlet or something, all natural with diving boards and all, I think that that

was one of the coolest places that I ever swam at.

For a very short period of time, I have accumulated a lot of great memories, and they seem to

stand out more than others, maybe because I was just a kid, but a lot has to do with the fact that

it is just a very neat place to live, your little secret!SHHHHHHHH!

Yeah parties in caz park as a teen ,the botanical gardens crystal beach as a kid (now 50) that Wild Mouse scared the shitt out of me . Shoveling snow for some money as a kid. Growing up on aldridge st. off of south park ,later Whitfield ,So,So ,many stories I could right a book. The niehborhood was a tough Irish one then. Now it all has turned into a slum looking place.Yeah I remember ,bawk,bawk,bawk,bawk chickenman Too. :thumbsup:

The first time I took my kid (a native AZ) to visit Buffalo, I took him for a walk through a field where I used to play as a kid. It was late summer, and the weeds were taller than his eyes. He freaked out being surrounded by all that vegetation.