The Week of the 3-5 team!

BuffaloBob

Make that 11, I miscounted!! Really bizarre. The Bills are joined by 10 other teams at 3-5 half way through the season. The Chiefs, Skins, Bears, Bengals, Cardinals, Bucs Titans, Saints, Cowboys and Browns are all at 3-5, with the Raiders at 3-6. That is over 1/3 of the league!

Another 4 teams are at 4-4 and 4 teams at 5-3. The Bills are currently within two games of all but 8 teams in the entire NFL. Unfortunately, 5 of them are in the AFC and two are in their division.

If the Bills could somehow play one more solid game against the Pats next week, that would leave us with five games against teams with losing records and the Steelers and Sea Hawks.

The Steelers will be very tough, but the rest of those games are all very winnable! In fact, they are games this team should win!

I like the way this team is coming together the past few games. No sacks or TOs. The running game is solid and the defense has played very well. And Drew has been gathering confidence and playing well in tough conditions.

Sure would be a nice time to go on the road and beat the Pats.

Am I the only one who finds it fascinating that 19 teams, nearly 2/3 of the league, are at 500 or below?? 

Or how about that only FOUR of the 13 teams above 500 are in the NFC??

107581[/snapback]

How about the coaching Gods of Bill Parcells and Marvin Lewis and Joe Gibbs and Jeff Fisher and Dick Vermeil and Jon Gruden?

How about the coaching Gods of Bill Parcells and Marvin Lewis and Joe Gibbs and Jeff Fisher and Dick Vermeil and Jon Gruden?

107592[/snapback]

Damn. There goes all the " Coaches We Should Have Hired " Threads. Remind me how John Fox is doing in Carolina ?

107592[/snapback]

...and don't forget "guys we should have hired" like Denny Green, Haslett and Fox....yeah, yeah, injuries, but last year all I heard about is "The Patriots are going to the Super Bowl despite having 35 players on IR, so injuries isn't a valid excuse."

The Steelers will be very tough, but the rest of those games are all very winnable!  In fact, they are games this team should win!

107128[/snapback]

If they have homefield locked, they may just play not to get hurt. :D

Guest BackInDaDay
Make that 11, I miscounted!!  Really bizarre.  The Bills are joined by 10 other teams at 3-5 half way through the season.  The Chiefs, Skins, Bears, Bengals, Cardinals, Bucs Titans, Saints, Cowboys and Browns are all at 3-5, with the Raiders at 3-6.  That is over 1/3 of the league!

Another 4 teams are at 4-4 and 4 teams at 5-3.  The Bills are currently within two games of all but 8 teams in the entire NFL.  Unfortunately, 5 of them are in the AFC and two are in their division.

If the Bills could somehow play one more solid game against the Pats next week, that would leave us with five games against teams with losing records and the Steelers and Sea Hawks.

The Steelers will be very tough, but the rest of those games are all very winnable!  In fact, they are games this team should win!

I like the way this team is coming together the past few games.  No sacks or TOs.  The running game is solid and the defense has played very well.  And Drew has been gathering confidence and playing well in tough conditions.

Sure would be a nice time to go on the road and beat the Pats.

107128[/snapback]

Hey BB, any of the 3-5/4-4/5-3 teams start the season 0-4?

It's an outside shot to finish at 10-6/9-7, but we've gotta like what we're seeing. If this bunch beats the Pats in their place on national TV, watch out! :D

Damn. There goes all the " Coaches We Should Have Hired " Threads. Remind me how John Fox is doing in Carolina ?

107611[/snapback]

Hey, don't leave out the "we should have signed Mark Brunnell" crew.

Or how about Jeff Garcia?  Although I think the guy has a ton of heart and has played well the past few games.

107668[/snapback]

Don't know if you caught the "last" play of last night's game, but that thing was a near replay of Drew's pass to Evans.

Don't know if you caught the "last" play of last night's game, but that thing was a near replay of Drew's pass to Evans.

107674[/snapback]

I did and I thought the same thing. Although I don't think Lewis interfered last night at all, but I think he did against the Bills. Of course, that may just be a homer's perspective but I replayed both over and over and it seemed clear to me he made contact early against the Bills but made no contact against Cleveland.