Deal or no deal?

JinWPB

Yes we have discussed this before, but I'm troubled the front office doesn't appear to be more pro active in the trade department. The teams still has room to improve at some spots and appears overloaded of starting or at least very good backup players on the roster at other positions.

Needs are OLB, DE. We could improve at DT,OT.

We appear overloaded at WR, CB, S.

When I look at the depth chart I see some very good players getting cut if not traded this year.I know it takes two to trade ,but we haven't heard any whispers except for the dubious 3-way on bleacher-report.

Waiting to fill a position in final cuts, or going with the what we've got ,doesn't show me One Bills Drive is all that intent on winning and it's more about making splashy news early to sell tickets.

Be patient and have a little trust in Russ. There will be Training Camp injuries. Options will open-up. The injuries may end-up being ours.

Another thing... you hear people (players in particular) speak about the NFL being a business. Well, I don't care if you're trading soybeans, stacks of cash, hash or NFL players... if you're a businessman (which I truly believe Russ is), then he has figured and is enacting a plan. Only guys like Dan Snyder jump at the gun then flaunt deals.

Don't crucify our GM simply because he hasn't daunted the spandex and helmet on a pro field. You should be more worried about the moth-ball breathed overpaid coger running the bank where you have your cash park or the joke called President of the US who's giving your money away to willfull welfare mongers and apologizing to North Korea and (trying to) take guns away from the GOOD GUYS.

Yeah, saturday F king night. No more gals from Cheek de Vegas. They f up your life.

So do you want to trade Lee Evans and/or Donte Whitner?? Or were you thinking of Ko Simpson and maybe Parrish, though many people here will argue that we shouldn't even get rid of him. My point is while I agee we do have what appears to be a surplus at the positions you mention, unless you're willing to give up somebody good, you're just going to get someone else's junk in return.

There's very few trades made in the NFL particually player for player. You'll see teams unload someone like a Parrish in return for maybe a 4th rounder. Even free agents if you look at the top teams very few of them do much more than fill a few holes with free agents and often the holes are for a capable backup. The draft is where they build the teams from.

Football of all sports takes the most practice, signing someone now they've already missed all the mini camps, so will be tougher for that person to contribute. I'd guess at this point, unless some team is giving up a superstar pro-bowl type player, it's very likely the players on the Bill's roster today, barring injury will give the team more than signing some other teams scrap players.

Be patient and have a little trust in Russ. There will be Training Camp injuries. Options will open-up. The injuries may end-up being ours.

Another thing... you hear people (players in particular) speak about the NFL being a business. Well, I don't care if you're trading soybeans, stacks of cash, hash or NFL players... if you're a businessman (which I truly believe Russ is), then he has figured and is enacting a plan. Only guys like Dan Snyder jump at the gun then flaunt deals.

Don't crucify our GM simply because he hasn't daunted the spandex and helmet on a pro field. You should be more worried about the moth-ball breathed overpaid coger running the bank where you have your cash park or the joke called President of the US who's giving your money away to willfull welfare mongers and apologizing to North Korea and (trying to) take guns away from the GOOD GUYS.

Yeah, saturday F king night. No more gals from Cheek de Vegas. They f up your life.

Russ is not a solid business guy.

No harvard or wharton MBA, Russ.

How he handled Peters and got absolutely used and discarded a la a used tampax, both by the Eagles and by Peters agent, should show you that.

He is the other side of the moronic inferno (opposite his butt buddy DJ) that is the Bills brain trust.

Trust in him to be idiotic.

Sorry, reality check.

How he handled Peters and got absolutely used and discarded a la a used tampax, both by the Eagles and by Peters agent, should show you that.

He is the other side of the moronic inferno (opposite his butt buddy DJ) that is the Bills brain trust.

Sorry, reality check.

Totally disagree, Russ is a smart buisness man. The Bills ahve continued to sell out and break their own records while not being a competitive. Russ was the marketing man for this. The Bills have banked a lot of cash on the Toronto deal and may make more. I believe Russ has a big part of this.

As far as peters, he wanted to be the top paid tackle in the league and no budging. The guy admotted he was concerned about his contract while playing and he would hold out again in two years. What more could he have gotten out of a trade. First round picks are toughto trade for. and he wasn't even close to the top player at the position.

What could you have gotten for peters?

Sorry, reality check.

Yes we have discussed this before, but I'm troubled the front office doesn't appear to be more pro active in the trade department. The teams still has room to improve at some spots and appears overloaded of starting or at least very good backup players on the roster at other positions.

Needs are OLB, DE. We could improve at DT,OT.

We appear overloaded at WR, CB, S.

When I look at the depth chart I see some very good players getting cut if not traded this year.I know it takes two to trade ,but we haven't heard any whispers except for the dubious 3-way on bleacher-report.

Waiting to fill a position in final cuts, or going with the what we've got ,doesn't show me One Bills Drive is all that intent on winning and it's more about making splashy news early to sell tickets.

You are right on about our needs.-Lets hope this organization surprises us a bit...but...-Even though I like our offseason so far;this organization has everything to prove.

So do you want to trade Lee Evans and/or Donte Whitner?? Or were you thinking of Ko Simpson and maybe Parrish, though many people here will argue that we shouldn't even get rid of him. My point is while I agee we do have what appears to be a surplus at the positions you mention, unless you're willing to give up somebody good, you're just going to get someone else's junk in return.

There's very few trades made in the NFL particually player for player. You'll see teams unload someone like a Parrish in return for maybe a 4th rounder. Even free agents if you look at the top teams very few of them do much more than fill a few holes with free agents and often the holes are for a capable backup. The draft is where they build the teams from.

Football of all sports takes the most practice, signing someone now they've already missed all the mini camps, so will be tougher for that person to contribute. I'd guess at this point, unless some team is giving up a superstar pro-bowl type player, it's very likely the players on the Bill's roster today, barring injury will give the team more than signing some other teams scrap players.

Seems like you assume the Bills wouldnt make a very good deal. Thats a good assumption based on this organizations history. But understand that thats tainted your opinion(our endless poor decisons of the past 10 yrs).

Hummm, I had a "girl" from Cheektowaga once, and.....well....it was a disaster. However, the REAL joke of a president, Mr All-Time, Hall of Famer "joke' himself, now has a new residence in Dallas. He will never be topped.

...Waiting to fill a position in final cuts, or going with the what we've got ,doesn't show me One Bills Drive is all that intent on winning and it's more about making splashy news early to sell tickets.

Oh come on now. The Buffalo Bills are the small marketest small market team in the NFL. From now until Ralph passes on to that 'ol Rock Pile in the sky, every year will be a tight rope act for Brandon and his inner circle jerks. They won't be signing any top tier free agents, but they will be spending as much "cash to the cap" they can afford to put a competitive team on the field. Stop looking at them as if they really have any chance of winning a Super Bowl under these conditions. Of course you can't "buy" a Super Bowl championship, although Dan Snyder keeps trying. However, you cannot spend as little on free agents and signing bonuses as the Bills do, and expect to even make the playoffs much less have a chance to go all the way, either.

The Steelers and Giants obviously know how to get the most for their salary dollars. The Colts and Chargers are excellent as well, and we all know the template for success today is the Pats. And I'm sure better coaches and real NFL caliber GM's would get the Bills farther. But top-notch coaches and GM's cost more money to! As long as the Bills keep the ticket prices so cheap, and continue not to sell out all of their premium seats and suites, I'm afraid one game in Toronto a year won't afford them the money they need to spend the signing bonus cash needed to pay today's needed superstars.