If we all like the same Football and hockey team why cant we like the

The Blue Jays aren't even an American team. Plus growing up, the Blue Jays were (and still aren't too much) on TV but you could turn on the TV and find the Mets, Yankees, Cubs, Braves almost every day. Plus the Mets now have that stellar AAA team that plays in Buffalo.

:D

That one made me laugh.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about because the team is technically in ANOTHER COUNTRY THATS WHY-

Buddy, baseball is an American sport, so if you like the Blue Jays just because Toronto is relatively close to Buffalo then you are a RETARD- unless your from Canada. First of all they stink (had success in early 90's but not since), 2nd of all, you have 2 other NY baseball teams to cheer for!!!

I am from the Utica area, and am a die hard BILLS, METS, RANGERS (yes Rangers, not sabres) and Knicks fan unfortunately and go CUSE too. I take it as an insult as a New Yorker if you are from NY and are RED SOX or Blue Jay fan-

Thats my take-

I am from upstate New York not New York City buddy so chill out. Upstate New York has a closer tie to Toronto then it does New York City... Tell me something do people in New York City love hockey.. So I take offense that you are a yankees fan when your not from new york city... O and the New York Jets are not the Bills football rivals.WHAT?... But the sabres and leafs are..

Baseball is a great sport (if you're somebody's grandmother). Don't you just love those old widows who sit in the stands with the stadium blankets on their laps, listening to the game on the transistor radios, diligently filling in the scoresheets with every exciting pitch ? Such a frenzy! I can hardly keep up with all the action! My goodness - slow it down! Geeesh.

I've tried to be a good American and get into it, but for me, it's right up there with ESPNs poker teleccasts for sheer excitement. Not only that, it borders on being gay (not that there's anything wrong with it). What other coach or manager wears the friggin' uniform. Couldn't you just see Marv on the sidelines wearing a full Bills ensemble? The fan's obsession with statistics used to escape me until I figured out that it's got to be the most exciting part of the game.

Let's see....a foul ball counts as a strike, although it can't count as the third strike. WTF? Why not? That's bullsht.

They could make the game more interesting if they instituted some other sporting rules, such as having a penalty box. When one of the fkers has en error, let him sit out the rest of the inning. If it's the catcher commiting the offense, make the pitcher go and get the ball from the backstop after each pitch. That'd teach him. Screw 'em all!

Maybe they could walk off yardage. If the pitcher throws " a ball", give him a 10 yard penalty and make him back up 10 yards for each ball he throws. Let's watch him throw a pitch from center field. Hell, I'd make it really interesting and give each guy in the field a bat. Lessee what happens then. Baseball could be a great game if they'd just give me a whack at the rule book.

I'm sure it was quite a thrill back in the day when women's skirts only revealed their ankles, but c'mon, baseball should be prescribed for anyone with a sleeping disorder.

Here's the real question:

If there's such apathy for the Bluejays in WNY, what makes anyone think the Torontonians are going to give two shiites about the Bills? Eh?

That makes a ton of sense. There's no chance in hell that you'd root for the Red Sox due to the Bruins/Sabres "rivalry". Okay. By that logic, how could you possibly be a Mets or Yankees fan since the Rangers play in New York and have in reality had a much bigger rivalry with the Sabres, particularly in recent years. Dumb way to look at things IMO.

When someone expresses an opinion, please don't call it "dumb". It's an opinion and I tried to share my logic.

I realize there is a discrepancy, but the Rangers/Islanders/Devils are not in the same division as the Sabres. My hatred for the Maple Leafs and Bruins runs deep...what have the Rangers ever done to the Sabres to generate a rivalry? The Rangers are a joke.

Big market, deep pockets and still can't win outside of 1994.

Bruins - Sabres rival

Maple Leafs - Sabres rival

Rangers - who cares?

How about because the team is technically in ANOTHER COUNTRY THATS WHY-

Buddy, baseball is an American sport, so if you like the Blue Jays just because Toronto is relatively close to Buffalo then you are a RETARD- unless your from Canada. First of all they stink (had success in early 90's but not since), 2nd of all, you have 2 other NY baseball teams to cheer for!!!

I am from the Utica area, and am a die hard BILLS, METS, RANGERS (yes Rangers, not sabres) and Knicks fan unfortunately and go CUSE too. I take it as an insult as a New Yorker if you are from NY and are RED SOX or Blue Jay fan-

Thats my take-

Hey Todd Girly- a couple things. First of all, unless you are in elementary school, I would think that you would have outgrown such a lowbrow, offensive term. Suffice to say, that is not the preferred nomenclature. Secondly, I found it ironic that you used said derogatory term and then two words later, addressed multiple people by saying "your." That's my take.

I am from upstate New York not New York City buddy so chill out. Upstate New York has a closer tie to Toronto then it does New York City... Tell me something do people in New York City love hockey.. So I take offense that you are a yankees fan when your not from new york city... O and the New York Jets are not the Bills football rivals.WHAT?... But the sabres and leafs are..

You make no sense. Re-group your thoughts and come back when your ready to make sense, ok?

Hey Todd Girly- a couple things. First of all, unless you are in elementary school, I would think that you would have outgrown such a lowbrow, offensive term. Suffice to say, that is not the preferred nomenclature. Secondly, I found it ironic that you used said derogatory term and then two words later, addressed multiple people by saying "your." That's my take.

"Suffice to say, that is not the preferred nomenclature."

Ha ha Anyone know WTF this douchebag is talking about. I think your on the wrong message board bud. Use some more big words to make up for little things bud.

F*ck the current state of baseball with all the steroids and everything? OK, maybe. But f*ck the game of baseball? You guys are losers. I think you need to watch Bad News Bears, Major League, The Natural and Field of Dreams and then come back here on Monday and try and say that.

When someone expresses an opinion, please don't call it "dumb". It's an opinion and I tried to share my logic.

I realize there is a discrepancy, but the Rangers/Islanders/Devils are not in the same division as the Sabres. My hatred for the Maple Leafs and Bruins runs deep...what have the Rangers ever done to the Sabres to generate a rivalry? The Rangers are a joke.

Big market, deep pockets and still can't win outside of 1994.

Bruins - Sabres rival

Maple Leafs - Sabres rival

Rangers - who cares?

First of all, sharing logic and opinions are two different things. I was questioning the ridiculous logic that you use that involves using the NHL to determine who you decide to root for/against in a completely different sport. Baseball in this case. The only opinion that I'm questioning is whether the Bruins are actually still that much more of a Sabres "rival" than the Rangers at this point. Sabres/Rangers games (Including a VERY good 6 game playoff series in '06-'07) have been much more important than any Sabres/Bruins games in the last 5+ years, and the intensity has been much higher, IMO. That doesn't change the fact that the logic behind deciding what baseball team you're going to root for based solely on hockey "rivalries" is a bit odd.

First of all, sharing logic and opinions are two different things. I was questioning the ridiculous logic that you use that involves using the NHL to determine who you decide to root for/against in a completely different sport. Baseball in this case. The only opinion that I'm questioning is whether the Bruins are actually still that much more of a Sabres "rival" than the Rangers at this point. Sabres/Rangers games (Including a VERY good 6 game playoff series in '06-'07) have been much more important than any Sabres/Bruins games in the last 5+ years, and the intensity has been much higher, IMO. That doesn't change the fact that the logic behind deciding what baseball team you're going to root for based solely on hockey "rivalries" is a bit odd.

OK...I tried.

The Bruins are in the same division is the point I was trying to make. I have no problem with anyone differing on my odd sports loyalties. If Buffalo had a MLB team, my allegiance wouldn't leave the WNY region.

Baseball is a great sport (if you're somebody's grandmother). Don't you just love those old widows who sit in the stands with the stadium blankets on their laps, listening to the game on the transistor radios, diligently filling in the scoresheets with every exciting pitch ? Such a frenzy! I can hardly keep up with all the action! My goodness - slow it down! Geeesh.

I've tried to be a good American and get into it, but for me, it's right up there with ESPNs poker teleccasts for sheer excitement. Not only that, it borders on being gay (not that there's anything wrong with it). What other coach or manager wears the friggin' uniform. Couldn't you just see Marv on the sidelines wearing a full Bills ensemble? The fan's obsession with statistics used to escape me until I figured out that it's got to be the most exciting part of the game.

Let's see....a foul ball counts as a strike, although it can't count as the third strike. WTF? Why not? That's bullsht.

They could make the game more interesting if they instituted some other sporting rules, such as having a penalty box. When one of the fkers has en error, let him sit out the rest of the inning. If it's the catcher commiting the offense, make the pitcher go and get the ball from the backstop after each pitch. That'd teach him. Screw 'em all!

Maybe they could walk off yardage. If the pitcher throws " a ball", give him a 10 yard penalty and make him back up 10 yards for each ball he throws. Let's watch him throw a pitch from center field. Hell, I'd make it really interesting and give each guy in the field a bat. Lessee what happens then. Baseball could be a great game if they'd just give me a whack at the rule book.

I'm sure it was quite a thrill back in the day when women's skirts only revealed their ankles, but c'mon, baseball should be prescribed for anyone with a sleeping disorder.

Here's the real question:

If there's such apathy for the Bluejays in WNY, what makes anyone think the Torontonians are going to give two shiites about the Bills? Eh?

Well, we tend to criticize what we don't understand. Not that it makes any difference to me that you don't like baseball - some folks find curling exciting. To each their own. I think it makes a big difference if you grow up in a major league city.

Anyway, those 'grannies' you mock clearly have a far keener understanding of the game of baseball, the rules, the strategies involved, etc. than you. :D

Baseball is a thinking man's game. When to run, when to pitch out, how to shade certain batters, when to bunt.

I fear that the "short attention span" culture the U.S. has developed will unfortunately kill baseball one day.

Pitching is and always will be my greatest passion. Mixing speeds, spotting the fastball on the outside corner and keeping hitters off balance is a lost art form.

I guess for a kid nowadays why learn the nuances of baseball when they can buy a 50 dollar video game, burn their eyes out & talk trash sitting in their mom's basement?

I am not the biggest baseball fan in the world by any means and I think baseball can be pretty boring. However, when you go to games, it can be a blast. Nothing like a gorgeous day in the park drinking some beers. Especially inside a great stadium like Wrigley. If Buffalo had a team, I think some of the people here that state they hate baseball would have a different opinon. But, I partially agree, I put baseball on tv when I want to nap, it is right up there with golf in terms of excitement on tv.

First off, let me say I don't really follow baseball much.

I'm a Red sox fan only because in school people would say who do you like better, sox or yanks and that was when the Yankees were buying world series left and right while the red sox were paying much less and still competing.

I go to college in Pennsylvania and my roomate is a huge phils fan so I started liking them too because they weren't all that good but had likeable guys. Granted this is before they even made the playoffs.

So in both cases I started liking a team right before they got good and am seen as a bandwagon fan...oh well. At least I started liking them before they won instead of a buddy of mine who claims he's not a bandwagon Pats* fan even though he started liking them the same year they won their first SB, doesn't know anything about football but wears a Brady* jersey and is from Long Island. But he's not a bandwagon fan... :D

F*ck the current state of baseball with all the steroids and everything? OK, maybe. But f*ck the game of baseball? You guys are losers. I think you need to watch Bad News Bears, Major League, The Natural and Field of Dreams and then come back here on Monday and try and say that.

Hey man, I love those movies. I never once said f*ck baseball movies.

I just don't comprehend how you can follow a sport after it was revealed (almost ten years ago now) that the best players had cheated. "Suffice to say..." I'm not going to be on a bills website debating of the logistics of fellow fans' allegiance to this boring, out-dated, non-athletic, and over publicized garbage. And that's all I will ever say about baseball.

Red Sox fans used to be kind of noble, continuing to root for a team that hadn't won a championship since 1918. Now that they have won a couple, they are getting a lot more obnoxious, especially those under about 35. Red Sox fans are getting more like Patsie* fans who are totally insufferable, the kind of people you'd like to see smacked in the face a couple of times, even if you are not normally prone to violence. Face it the same people in NE are both Patsie* and Sox fans. So I've really started to root against the Sox big time, even though I used to like them.

Red Sox fans used to be kind of noble, continuing to root for a team that hadn't won a championship since 1918. Now that they have won a couple, they are getting a lot more obnoxious, especially those under about 35. Red Sox fans are getting more like Patsie* fans who are totally insufferable, the kind of people you'd like to see smacked in the face a couple of times, even if you are not normally prone to violence. Face it the same people in NE are both Patsie* and Sox fans. So I've really started to root against the Sox big time, even though I used to like them.

You hit the nail out of the park. :D Red Sox fans used to act like Cleveland Indians fans and Chicago Cubs fans still act. Noble devotion. Actually much like Bills fans act.