I am calling it RIGHT NOW - Bills beat Patriots

daquixers

I'm now where near ready to guarrantee a victory over the defending Super Bowl champions, and if push comes to shove I probably have to predict a Patriots win, but I agree they are not invulnerable. They played Troy Brown at CB today because their defensive backfield is so depleted. A Bills win is not totally out of the realm of possibility, now that the team has bought into the Mularkey era and is playing with more discipline.

I know most of you will regard this post as me being "high" off of a very nice win over a divisional opponent. But, thats just not me. I dont get overly excited over ANY win except for a SB win (if it ever comes). BUT MARK MY WORDS:

Barring any serious injury (to Moulds, Evans, or McGahee) the Bills, WILL beat the New England Patriots in front of a national audience next sunday night. I GUARANTEE it.

Reasons:

1 - Tom Brady has not played "his usual" his last 2 games. In the last two games he has thrown 4 TD's , 2 INT's, and 2 fumbles (1 for a TD). Against a good Pittsburgh defense he had a 72.9 passer rating, 2 Td's, 2 INT's, and 1 fumble. Whe he faces good defenses he doesnt do so well. Against a BAD rams defense he had 2 Td's, 0 int's and 1 fumble (for a TD).

2 - Buffalo now has Lawyer Milloy and possibly Troy Vincent back. While NE is missing Ty Law and Tyrone Poole. There two best CB's. Moulds and Evans should be lipping there lips.

3 - We have found this amazing new weapon in Willis McGahee. In our loss to NE a few weeks ago (where we BARELY lost) , Willis McGahee did not get on the field even once. All of the games McGahee has started we have won. 3-0.

I cant wait to get flamed for this thread, but I just dont care. I am NOT high of the win and we WILL beat NE.

Im guessing :

Buffalo - 16

NE - 14

106847[/snapback]

Lets not get carried away so fast. New England is still the best team in the NFL. It will take a lot of heart to beat these guys at THEIR stadium.

Anyone remember when the Pats last lost at home?

On the other hand, being without Ty Law, Deion Branch and Tyrone Poole most likely is going to hurt. If the Bills can pass protect Drew and open some running lanes for McGahee then I'd say you guys have a decent shot. We shall see, strange things happen to Drew when he sees Belichick standing on the sidelines, he somehow uses the Jedi Mind Trick on him or something.

A win in their house on Mon nite would be sweet, and could be the crowning achievement in an otherwise disappointing season. But two "B" reasons the Bills WON'T win this game:

1) Bledsoe - he always seems to choke when he faces his former team

2) Belicheck - he simply owns the Bills and always finds some way to outcoach us

You guys know we held the Rams to just one Td and two field goals offensively. When they needed to score in the 4th they were shut down 4 times in the red zone. I don't see how the Bill's O with Drew is better than the Rams O.

A win in their house on Mon nite would be sweet,

Don't miss the game...it's Sunday night!

1) Bledsoe - he always seems to choke when he faces his former team

USUALLY chokes! There was that 31-0 game.

2) Belicheck - he simply owns the Bills and always finds some way to outcoach us

*sigh* Yes, he does.

This will definitely be a close game. If we score early we have a great chance to win. Belichick loves when the Pats are ahead and the other teams give up the running game, so he can use his full array of schemes.

The greatest mistake a team can make when playing against Belichick is believe it´ll win by passing. As the Steelers proved once again, you win against the Pats by running on them. If you decide to drop back and toss the ball like crazy (see Manning, Peyton), you´re billsfanone.

This will definitely be a close game. If we score early we have a great chance to win. Belichick loves when the Pats are ahead and the other teams give up the running game, so he can use his full array of schemes.

The greatest mistake a team can make when playing against Belichick is believe it´ll win by passing. As the Steelers proved once again, you win against the Pats by running on them. If you decide to drop back and toss the ball like crazy (see Manning, Peyton), you´re billsfanone.

108521[/snapback]

Yep, you're aboslutely right. Even if we fall behind 14 early MM had better just keep plugging away with the running game. We have no chance in hell of winning if we throw the ball more than 25 times.